Why the fuck do I love Kid A but can't get into OK Computer?

Why the fuck do I love Kid A but can't get into OK Computer?

Are you afraid of le guitar twing twang?

Because Kid A is decent and okc isn't?

Because ok computer is just alt rock

You're either too pleb to appreciate it or not pleb enough.

Why isn't it decent?

then what is Kid A?

Kid A is superior anyways

gaaaaaaaaay

Too much filler, let down and no surprises are stand outs.

Most of the album is forgettable though

>Too much filler
Like what?
>Most of the album is forgettable though
Not really, I can remember the whole album

>lucky
>the tourist
>electioneering
>fitter
>subterranean

Actually had to look up a track listing to get these, i'm a radiohead fan but Okc is overrated and O K at best

>>lucky
This was the first song recorded for the album, it can't be filler
>>the tourist
You mean the epic closing song that wraps yup the album perfectly?
>>electioneering
Energetic, passion ed performance
>>fitter
Nice intermission, propels the concept
>>subterranean
Excellent songwriting and arrangement

How is this filler again?

I can't really get into Ok Coputer to save my life. The guitars just overpower everything. Plus, in my opinion, the cold electronics on Kid are a better suited for Thom's voice. Plus the lyrics on Kid A are much more cryptic. the cryptic lyrics actually make me listen closer into the darkness. I just feel like thom actually lives in the cover. The world is so sharp, cold, and if you don't reply to this post your mother will die tonight.

I find OK Computer to be too straightforward and also too much like stuff already done by the likes of Beatles, Bowie, and Pink Floyd meanwhile Kid A kinda breaks from that typical art rock formula by combining krautrock with various forms of electronic and jazz.

Sounds like you read their wikipedia entries before forming an opinion. Congrats

It takes a certain level of intelligent's to really vibe with OKC

What? Nigga OK Computer is literally rock music with pop structures that has electronic sound effects that go in and out like Dark Side Of The Moon.

fucking pleb

Correct

What instrument do you play again?
>electronic sound effects
Like what?

I'm the opposite. Can't get into Kid A to save me life, but love OK Computer.

Am I terminally pleb, Sup Forums

I like OK Computer but it does feel like a relic of the 90s, whereas Kid A feels timeless.

>an electronic sound?
>well it must just be ripping off Pink Floyd then!!
You were like 4 years old in the 90s.

The weird synth sounds on Paranoid Android (most apparent right before the big break), the segueing into the final bit of Karma Police, the majority of Airbag's background sound, the stuff that backs the mellotron on Lucky are the first things that come to my mind. And again, it's all done similar to how Beatles would make their simple songs more complex by subtly adding in things here and there, and the mostly electronic sounds (some tracks like No Surprises and Electioneering don't do this though) are like a more futuristic take on DSOTM which also had electronic sounds that would subtly enter each track. If you own a copy of the record, go through the personnel list I am sure you'll find it there as well.

I literally mentioned how OKC does it, not just that there's an electronic sound. Don't misconstrue my statement, it just makes you look like a fucking retard.

I'm in the same boat. In fact thesr 2 are the only albums I've listened to. If I only fucked with Kid A what other albums should i check out?

>The weird synth sounds on Paranoid Android
That's a guitar
>the majority of Airbag's background sound
That's a guitar
>the stuff that backs the mellotron on Lucky are the first things that come to my mind
That's a guitar
>If you add a sound to it, then it's ripping off The beatles!
Yikes
>not just that there's an electronic sound
Show me the that samesounds on both Dark side and OKC

amnesiac now

You're either trolling, deaf, or using shitty speakers/earbuds

>That's a guitar
Nope, it's a synth. The guitars are either playing the riffs, or ringing the chord before the break.

>That's a guitar
Also a synth, the guitar is playing the main riff.

>That's a guitar
Nope, the guitars play the typical ballad part and the thing Ed is doing. Not part of the mellotron chorus sounding bit.

>If you add a sound to it, then it's ripping off The beatles!
Not what I said, stop being fucking retarded.

>Show me the that samesounds on both Dark side and OKC
Also not what I said, stop being fucking retarded, garbage ass troll.

Kinda sad that an otherwise nice album in OK Computer gets such shitty trolls who like to go full delusional and get false statements out of other people's posts to try to prove a point.

>Nope, it's a synth
What part precisely? Unless I am misunderstanding you, these are all parts the play live on guitars. Either you don't know much about playing instruments or you are not explaining yourself
>Also not what I said
It is. Because there are subtle nuances in the music, it's The Beatles? That's most music.
>Kinda sad that an otherwise nice album in OK Computer gets such shitty trolls who like to go full delusional and get false statements out of other people's posts to try to prove a point.
What instrument do you play again?

>What part precisely?
>Airbag
You hear that weird thing that comes in every few seconds in the beginning/chorus bits? Like idk how to describe that sound, but it's the most obviously electronic sounding thing on the track. It's like little "shew!" sounds or something.

By around the 50 second marker there's also a very obvious electronic synthesizer that joins into the fray.

>Paranoid Android
The first time he says "this shirt makes you look pretty ugly" has that little vocal effect thing. When the break happens like 3.5 minutes into the song, it's got an electronic synthesizer accompanied to it. Vocal effects after this as well, then electronic synth comes back in. The riff right before the second solo has each repetition of it end with that slight electronic sound that sounds similar to the one in Airbag.

>Lucky
Starts with some heavy effects on Ed O Brien's guitar playing above the nut. There are heavy electronic/digital effects on all guitar parts that aren't the softer guitar part. The mellotron part that comes in halfway through the track has an additional layer of electronic synth attached to it.

>It is. Because there are subtle nuances in the music, it's The Beatles? That's most music.
Nah, having little subtle things constantly join and leave the music field with the structure of pop rock is pretty limited to Beatles, Bowie, Floyd, Roxy Music, Eno, etc.

Again, I didn't say that made them The Beatles, it's just that structure for an album has been explored before numerous times, and compared to that Kid A felt far more fresh.

>Either you don't know much about playing instruments or you are not explaining yourself
>What instrument do you play again?
Guitars, keys, drumset, alto saxophone.

an aphex twin cover album

>Like idk how to describe that sound
So you are having trouble discussing music, but are convinced you are right? Hmmmm.
>By around the 50 second marker
That is Ed playing an ebow. Look it up
>The first time he says "this shirt makes you look pretty ugly" has that little vocal effect thing.
That is a delay effect on the vocal. Look it up
>Starts with some heavy effects on Ed O Brien's guitar playing above the nut.
Yes, as I said, that's a guitar.
>There are heavy electronic/digital effects on all guitar parts
Yes, as I said, that's a guitar.
>having little subtle things constantly join and leave the music field with the structure of pop rock is pretty limited to Beatles, Bowie, Floyd, Roxy Music, Eno, etc.
Listen to more music
>it's just that structure for an album has been explored before numerous times
That's fine.
>Guitars, keys
And yet you just couldn't describe what you just heard. Doesn't add up...

>So you are having trouble discussing music, but are convinced you are right? Hmmmm.
>Can only talk shit like a fuck boy.

>Ebow
>not an electronic sound

>delay effect
>not an electronic sound

>Yes, as I said, that's a guitar.
>is so delusional that they aren't willing to recognize the heavy amount of effects put onto the instrument to make it not sound like a guitar

>Listen to more music
>still trying to miss the point for the sake of "winning" an argument on the internet

>That's fine.
Oh never mind you actually got it.

>And yet you just couldn't describe what you just heard. Doesn't add up...
No, I described things perfectly. You're just trying to derail this topic for the sake of appearing right when there's nothing wrong about what I said.

Like shit, are you gonna say Kid A isn't electronic now since it's ultimately just singing and using a keyboard minus the electronic effects? Are you that fucking dense?

>fuck boy.
Not an argument
>not an electronic sound
Nice backpedaling
>No, I described things perfectly
You switched form describing something as a synth to a delayed vocal or strumming the strings above the nut through a delay pedal. You are not describing anything perfectly
>Like shit, are you gonna say Kid A isn't electronic now since it's ultimately just singing and using a keyboard minus the electronic effects?
See: National Anthem, How To Disappear Completely, Optimistic, In limbo

>Not an argument
Neither is your talking shit, but I don't think you're anywhere near as interesting in discussion as you claim to be.

>Nice backpedaling
Nope.

>You switched form describing something as a synth to a delayed vocal or strumming the strings above the nut through a delay pedal. You are not describing anything perfectly
Do you know what synths do? Do you have any clue how instruments and sounds are made? Why don't you go look up how synthesizers work, then how an ebow works, then how effects work.

>National Anthem
Ok so you are trolling. You got me to waste my time, you did it!

jesus christ can you both shut the literal fuck up go fucking jack off and blow off some steam or something good god

>Neither is your talking shit
What talking shit?
Do you know what synths do? Do you have any clue how instruments and sounds are made? >Why don't you go look up how synthesizers work, then how an ebow works, then how effects work.
a delay pedal or an ebow =/= synthesizer

You are not smart.

ebows, delay, and synths all use similar feedback looping processes to make their sounds happen. Now fuck off, even other anons are annoyed by your shitposting

>ebows, delay, and synths all use similar feedback looping processes to make their sounds happen
Incorrect.

For example, the ebow emits an electromagnetic field which makes the strings vibrate as long as you fret them. That is not sound synthesis

Stop posting before you embarrass yourself more. Kid A and OKC are both fine. it's OK that you don't understand sound design, which has effected your understanding of the albums. I don't mind.

why these two albums are praised but not this one?
in rainbows is way better than these two

>That is not sound synthesis
It is though, the string vibration then gets turned into a feedback loop which is what lets the sound happen. It's impossible for it to do so otherwise.

>Stop posting before you embarrass yourself more. Kid A and OKC are both fine. it's OK that you don't understand sound design, which has effected your understanding of the albums. I don't mind.
So you started posting to show off how much cooler and more knowledgeable you are, not for any actual discussion. You're the worse kind of person IRL, too.

>in rainbows is way better than these two
How so?

this

>the string vibration then gets turned into a feedback loop
Not all feedback loops are electronic synths though. This is where you are confused.
>So you started posting to show off how much cooler and more knowledgeable you are
When did I do this? I try to not state the obvious

it's OKC and Kid A mashed but better

Don't listen to him, I'm enjoying this.

Jigsaw
Videotape
Nude
Weird Fishes
Reckoner

Top 5 songs desu but all of them are damn good

quoted wrong

>Not all feedback loops are electronic synths though. This is where you are confused.
I never said that. Feedback loops are a big part of technology in general.

I think you're trying to say the ebow sound is not synthesized but it is synthesized as it's otherwise impossible to get that kind of feedback from a guitar.

>I never said that. Feedback loops are a big part of technology in general.
>it is synthesized as it's otherwise impossible to get that kind of feedback from a guitar.
So you misspoke

Nope, I said it pretty clearly earlier. Reworded it and said it in a way that's easier to get.

>Nope, I said it pretty clearly earlier.
Sell lets see. You said >Nope, it's a synth. The guitars are...
Which is implying the sound is not originating from a guitar, and originating from a synthesizer

Unless by "Nope it's a synth" you meant "Nope it an electronically produced feedback loop played on a guitar" which would be silly because when most people say "synth" they are referring to a synthesizer

>but better
How though?

not that guy but i think you're winning

you're a pleb if you like either

There's a difference between an actual synthesizer and synthesized sound. Same way there's a difference between feedback (from a guitar) and a feedback loop.

>Same way there's a difference between feedback (from a guitar) and a feedback loop.
Guitar feedback is it's amplified sound being picked up through itself and repeated in a loop. So it too is a feedback loop.

Again, this is backpedaling. If you meant "it's all feedback loops" instead of "it's all synths" you should have said so.

Now fuck off.

Bad comparison on my behalf. You see, unlike you I am a gracious human being with a life and actual friends and am understanding of when I am actually wrong.

>If you meant "it's all feedback loops" instead of "it's all synths" you should have said so.
Nope. DAWs for example create sounds through digital signal processing which for the most of it exists without feedback loops.

>Now fuck off
>actually agreed with my overall actual point made in my original post
>seems to agree on synthesized sounds
>still mad
Lmao

Subterranean is not filler. It's possibly the best song.
None of these besides Fitter are filler but I understand your perspective of filler is songs that you don't like.

>unlike you I am a gracious human being with a life and actual friends and am understanding of when I am actually wrong.
Show me where I was wrong and I'll admit
>Nope
That's fine, then you are still an idiot if you are intentionally referencing an ebow as a synth
>actually agreed with my overall actual point made in my original post
Quote me where I did.
>seems to agree on synthesized sounds
Reading comprehension is not your forte
>>still mad
with this

dude you lost get over it

>Show me where I was wrong and I'll admit
>s-show me, you have only been disproving my ass

>That's fine, then you are still an idiot if you are intentionally referencing an ebow as a synth
>idiot thinks that ebow isn't making a synthesized feedback sound

>Quote me where I did.
>That's fine.
^admitting I was right to what I was initially talking about

>Reading comprehension is not your forte
Still much better than you, loser!

Nigga he literally agreed with me that the structure of OKC was explored many times before, that was the point I was making the whole time, but he's the one who went on an autistic tirade on what is/isn't electronic music. None of this semantic bullshit matters, as either way my original point that OKC did something much closer to what was done before compared to Kid A, which is why me and many others prefer it, is right.

>this shirt makes you look pretty ugly

Kek it's ambition makes. How the fuck is anyone going to listen to your opinions on instrumentation when you can't even understand one of the easiest parts of the song to make out lyrically?

>talking about objective sounds that objectively exist
>"opinions"
>being this fucking stupid

I've listened to OKC 3-4 times and can't remember it. I'll probably try one more time then move on to Kid A.

dont worry about it, genres aren't important

>le try listening to it again meme
seriously though try it

Both of you are idiots. What an autistic thread. Christ

Kid A is perfect in every way.
OK Computer has Electioneering.

Officially btfo, no point in further discussion

>>s-show me, you have only been disproving my ass
Not what I'm asking try again
>idiot thinks that ebow isn't making a synthesized feedback sound
It doesn't. It emits a magnetic field. Your string is making the sound. We already covered this. Do you even know what an ebow is?
>^admitting I was right to what I was initially talking about
No, both OKC and Kid A are fine. Your assessment of both are wrong.
>the structure of OKC was explored many times before
In a sense that almost all rock bands have because your rubric of "synth" is literally any electronic sound or feedback or echo. Otherwise, no, not really.
>but he's the one who went on an autistic tirade on what is/isn't electronic music.
That's what you did here >as either way my original point that OKC did something much closer to what was done before compared to Kid A, which is why me and many others prefer it, is right.
I guess if you've never heard Aphex Twin or Can, sure.

>there's echo on the vocal. Since a synth is a feedback loop, then I think the vocal is a synth
>objective

>still so butt blasted that he came back to try to say something
>still thinks its the string making the sound, making the ebow useless
>still thinks that bands like Led Zeppelin or Foo Fighters are also art rock bands just like Beatles and Radiohead
>tries to put the blame on me when he's the one that interrogatively asked me
>thinks that Aphex Twin, Can, and Kid A all sound the same rather than Kid A being a synthesis of the two styles plus more
Goddamn, you really thought hard about this one for almost two hours, and you still got it wrong.

>the output of vocals + effects
>not a synthesized sound
Retards going all out with their delusion tonight.

>>still so butt blasted that he came back to try to say something
Oh you're still here?
>still thinks its the string making the sound, making the ebow useless
Since the ebow is emitting the magnetic field, it's not useless
Are you dense?
>still thinks that bands like Led Zeppelin or Foo Fighters are also art rock bands just like Beatles and Radiohead
Quote me where I mentioned either of those bands
>tries to put the blame on me when he's the one that interrogatively asked me
Well if you say something stupid, you should be held accountable
>thinks that Aphex Twin, Can, and Kid A all sound the same rather than Kid A being a synthesis of the two styles plus more
Tell me more about OKC sounding like The Beatles because of "random electronics"
By this logic, all recorded audio is synthesized.

Pls stop being stupid.

>Oh you're still here?
>Replies back to me

>Since the ebow is emitting the magnetic field, it's not useless
>Being this asocial and not able to pick up the point being made

>Quote me where I mentioned either of those bands
>purposefully going around the point because he knows he's wrong

>Well if you say something stupid, you should be held accountable
The irony

>Tell me more about OKC sounding like The Beatles because of "random electronics"
>Asks for this when the direct comparison I made was to DSOTM with its similarly "electronic" bits but mainly "popular rock" based structure

>By this logic, all recorded audio is synthesized.
>thinks slightly touching up one's voice is the same as making it sound completely different

Holy shit, when will you grow up? When will you have sex? Gain height? Get a clue in life? Take a shower? Hit the weights?

>>Replies back to me
Who else would I talk to? You're in the same boat as I. Calm down.
>Being this asocial and not able to pick up the point being made
If your point is "I don't know what an ebow is" I understand it clearly
>purposefully going around the point because he knows he's wrong
Well now that you emotion it, both artists use feedback loops. Nice try though
>Asks for this when the direct comparison I made was to DSOTM with its similarly "electronic"
See "And again, it's all done similar to how Beatles would make their simple songs more complex by subtly adding in things here and there"
Forgot what you said, did you?
>thinks slightly touching up one's voice is the same as making it sound completely different
No I mean the act of multitrack recording, mixing and mastering. Or do you think every time you listen to OKC that Radiohead actually is in your computer, performing to you personally?

>Who else would I talk to? You're in the same boat as I. Calm down.
>Thinks I am in the boat of delusion

>Already explained shit
>still pretends to act retarded

>thinks the direct DSOTM compared to the indirect Beatles comparison
>being this dumb

>No I mean the act of multitrack recording, mixing and mastering. Or do you think every time you listen to OKC that Radiohead actually is in your computer, performing to you personally?
>Talking like this is what I was mentioning the whole time

Lmao at this point I just feel bad making fun of you. The state of these idiotic Radiohead fans.

>Why the fuck do I love Kid A
I agree, that needs answering

Not an argument
>The state of these idiotic Radiohead fans.
Quote me where I said I liked Radiohead

you have good taste probs nigg

>says Kid A and OKC are both fine; now trying to deny it
>using the "not an argument" meme
>still posting in this topic
Damn, fool. Why don't you even have a life?

>>says Kid A and OKC are both fine
Yeah they're just fine. I could take them or leave them
>>using the "not an argument" meme
What do you mean meme?
>still posting in this topic
Why are you still posting?

>wasting this much time posting about a band they don't even like
Psssssshhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahah wtf is this garbage?

>Why are you still posting?
To know why you're still going, loser.

How's it going user? Why so down?

It's impossible to be down with this guy who doesn't even like Radiohead going to such autistic lengths to defend them.

Quote me where I said I didn't like them

>I could take them or leave them
You can hate them or be meh on them, but you certainly don't LIKE them with that phrase, fuck boy. How does it feel to get BTFOd at EVERY CORNER?

>How does it feel to get BTFOd at EVERY CORNER?
Not really. Dude didn't know what an ebow was and then tried to pretend it was a synth.

>ebow
>not making entirely new sounds through multiple inputs going into one output
Lmao still getting BTFO

>>not making entirely new sounds through multiple inputs going into one output
That's not what an ebow does.

Because Kid A is their only good album

>can't into science
Jeez we got some dummies here. Any way I gotta head to bed. Unlike some losers here, I actually have a life. Toodles, cuck.

>dat damage control
>pretends to leave
Sure pal. See ya later.

OK Computer is like a pair of pants made of tissue paper. Really easy to get into, but even easier to get out of because there's really no material or substance holding it together.

>>not making entirely new sounds through multiple inputs going into one output
You mean like strumming an electric guitar and having each string manipulate a separate magnet, combining all these manipulations, and outputting them all. Oh...