Depression-core

What's your essential depression-core, Sup Forums? I put this up for mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Agl1TgVfls0
youtube.com/watch?v=g0YhSOjs358
wideearrecords.bandcamp.com/album/orion
youtube.com/watch?v=ou-rVp6EbhM
youtube.com/watch?v=XjLtu4dD4SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0XQIT1_oKVY
youtube.com/watch?v=VvENeQoloew
youtube.com/watch?v=rBKjhgHGVZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does this relate to depression in any way? Either way this is my favorite depression-core

these got me through some of the hardest times

Lots of black metal tbqh

muh if u had depression u wouldn't be able to enjoy music muh
i am a Sup Forums poster
muh muh

None of you are depressed, you just think it sounds cool to say you are

top 40 pop music like rihanna and pic related

>mewithoutYou

Man, something about all those late 90's Christian bands really is something stellar.

This album was pretty much my senior year of high school

your life is a meme

This. DSBM is the way to go.

Look at this post, friend

This was so perfect for me when I was 18, wish I could hear it for the first time again

what do you mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=Agl1TgVfls0

Two sides of the thing

youtube.com/watch?v=g0YhSOjs358

wideearrecords.bandcamp.com/album/orion

phil makes the most genuine depressing music.

most of the time sad music falls flat because through the lyrics or musical content you just know they don't really know what they are talking about. they are just a tiny bit sad and blow it our of proportion and try to romanticise it. phil just doesn't do that, you get the feeling that he's being honest about it and you can relate if you're in that position. plus his music in general is really fucking good. he really knows how to convey emotions with melody.

Well I have been depressed while listening to and DJ Shadow said he was depressed while making it.

Phil is the most meta and sincere lyricists there is

Anything by Low
or Basically, slowcore does it for me

also

very very good choice

>go to make a depression-core thread about deathconsciousness
>Oh, nvm there's already one going on

This

I never could get into this for some reason. I get it's feels-heavy and while I'm not denying it's a bad album, it just feels over-the-top to me.

Pic related is more my speed; it feels weirdly hopeless despite being melodic and fairly upbeat.

Silversun Pickups - Pikul

especially the last two songs

the most relevant answer

Burial's Untrue was my crutch. It has evolved to the point that the album is the manifestation of my depression.

this 100%

I was going to make a thread but this one is pretty relevant.
What are some good albums about unrequited love?
Some of the songs on this album really get to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=ou-rVp6EbhM

Just this song. It seems to exist between the moment when something tragic occurs and the moment when it finally sinks it. When nothing quite fits and the only thing you can hear is the racing of your own heart. Bonjr managed to turn the feeling of shock into an entire song.

Was gonna post this actually
Listening to this rn actually

Any album by Elliott Smith for me

I GOT SO TIRED OF DISCUSSING MY FUTURE

wow..did he ever put this on an album

while the whole album is not always depressing, there are a lot of moments where it just sounds so low, and he manages to disguise it with upbeat shit

youtube.com/watch?v=XjLtu4dD4SQ

This so much
Nothing beats their first album for depression-core

Spiderland

this is a good choice especially since it ends with such a nice track

Most underrated rap project of last year for sure

not a depressing album throughout but I always listen to it whenever I'm feeling depressed

good taste

>Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill

I discovered this song the same day that my CO died in a car crash. I can still remember driving home from the funeral, playing this song and reflecting. It's really hard to listen to now.

youtube.com/watch?v=0XQIT1_oKVY

Seconding this. M&A is soul crushing. It's the kind of album you'd listen to before dying.

i love this album and i've been really fucking depressed in my life but i honestly don't get where you guys are coming from. this album actually makes me feel pretty happy and comfy

Really bro? The atmosphere is so dark. It feels like you're listening to a band in space. And the lyrics aren't exactly optimistic

solace by earl sweatshirt is essential depression-core. It pretty much encapsulates what depression is 2bh

Good choice

Hell yeah. Solace is near the top in terms of EPs (for me).

yea idk, it just feels more philosophical than depressing to me lyrically, and the music feels more dreamy than ominous. i tend to go more for like the national and julien baker and wye oak when i want depressioncore

Nick Cave, Let Love In, The Boatman's Call and some selections from Murder Ballads

I used to think that but if you listen closely it's a very dark record. It doesn't sound it though.

pitseleh on repeat

All of their albums are beautiful but lately ived had Diaries on repeat.... so many feels

As long as I've loved Low, this was always my least favorite album of theirs. Since my divorce, it has become my personal favorite. It's so heavy, so god damn dark. But at the same time it's like a warm blanket for me. Its really helped me a lot through everything I've been through this last year and it's an album I could put on everyday.

Just slip into its darkness.

Jesus Christ... do any of you even bi-polar?

"The Lamb" gives me chills every time.

It's powerful.

Just as the album sounds like it's starting to get louder and poppier, they hit you in the gut with an 8 minute dirge. And that happens three times on the album. Brilliant.

who /depression/ here?
anybody else get short bursts of energy where you start thinking about all the positive changes you could make in your life only to go back to feeling like shit and doing nothing shortly after?

yup. happens at least once a week

/smallsteps/

>mfw So You Wanna Be A Super Hero

sometimes i like to shed a tear to motion picture soundtrack

^I'm the Low guy.

Just about everyday. I've taken up hiking 5 days a week and it's helped. I want to go back to school in the fall, crossing my fingers I get in the program.

Just time man. Things take time. Some days are worse than others but I just try to stay positive. I want to fast forward everyday but I just have to roll with time. Good things will come, you just have to stay productive, as hard as it is.

its nice to see other people recovering. once my depression initially started closing in i desperately wanted to avoid any idea that there was something wrong with me. i set myself goals i didnt know were unreachable and hated myself for constantly failing. i was jobless, friendless, talentless, with 0 dollars in my name and fleeting motivation. but it was better than being jobless, friendless, talentless and facing the truth. i was just too weak. i trapped myself into the comfort of running away from my problems and watched everything i thought was unfixable deteriorate more and more until nothing was left. i dropped from college and i lived alone in a box. going outside once every week if i was feeling good. i withdrew further and further digging myself a hole i was too powerless to pull myself out of. days without speaking to someone. days feeling trapped knowing that i couldnt kill myself because i didnt want to leave a mess for those around me, and feeling worse knowing there was no way out. a hundred nights where i just wished i could scream so loud all my problems went away. but they didnt.

every day i was trapped both in a literal and metaphorical room, with no way out. just a window to watch the world change indifferent to me. you can only spend so many nights crying or angry before it all sort of melts away into a deep sigh. it was a nightmare. ive only very recently (last week) have been trying to fix my sleep schedule and form some better habits. its rough, i dont even have any real reason to be depressed, its just unshakable for me. i sympathize greatly with whatever pain you had to go through from the divorce to lead you to feel like this. as someone else who knows the feeling, i wouldnt wish this upon anyone.

it motivates me alot more than maybe you know to get this message from you, this place is such a bastion of anger and memes 24/7. i dont really know who you are or really what youve been through. but i hope we both make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VvENeQoloew

Low - I Could Live In Hope
Yeasayer - All Hour Cymbals
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Shlohmo - Bad Vibes
The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2
Memory Tapes - Seek Magic
Burial - Rough Sleeper

I know you really feel it because you posted God. You're gonna make it though.

also this is my go-to lately.

this kind of thread is why Sup Forums is the worst board

I hope my post can move you somehow. I hated things for a long time. Just things. Everything. People included. I lost trust for everyone around me. And then I made the biggest mistake of my life and hurt my best friend in the world.

Time. Helps. Ive made a plan for myself. A realistic plan. Nothing crazy. But something that will only benefit me for the rest of my life. School. That's it. A two semester program that'll pave the way for my career. It wont start until the Fall, though. So now I'm trying to fill my time with anything and everything positive until then. Just to maintain my sanity.

Job hunting, socializing with friends on weekends, trying to meet girls, trying to meet guys (friend stuff, not romance stuff), hiking. Keeping your mind occupied so you aren't dwelling. Volunteering is great too. Trying to stay away from the idiot box. Planning for things is exciting and def lifts the spirits but pretty quickly that hole opens up again and you start slipping. Don't slip. Stay positive. Give. It. Time.
Little. Steps.
Set realistic goals, stay productive, stay positive.

Time is the pain that will eventually stretch so far out that it will become too thin. I'm going on 9 months since my divorce. Do I feel a lot better? No. Do I feel a little better? Yes.

I know what I want and I'm gonna take it.

Ticking the time's running out

>I go missing, no longer exist
>One day, I hope I'm someone you'd miss
>It's only falling in love because you hit the ground

youtube.com/watch?v=rBKjhgHGVZs

I'd like to elaborate upon this. I think this is a very dark and depressing album in its own right. It tells a story of a man who is trying to rebuild himself. Yet his past haunts him and towards the end he finds that it is in his nature.

All songs are self loathing in some form or showing feeling of anxiety or fear to fall back into old bad habbits. The song that gave this "le happy album" status "Everything" is actually the protagonist lying to himself and others that everything and he is okay. Yet the choruses reveal the truth.

I Would For Yoy is desperate. The man would love to change who he is for a person he loves. Yet he can't. It cayses trouble and pain for his partner but he can't help it.

Find My Way is protagonist begging to something he does not believe in

In Two is him trying to meet his demons only to see himself in them. Not being able to tella difference

While I'm Still Here is him waving goodbye and meeting death as realizes he cannot mantain himself and by his nature he is an unhappy person. He is broken and beyond repair.

The album was all about rebuilding yourself only to rebuild the old self again.

I relate to this. I've attempted to leave the old me. The one which would hate itself and feel like shit. The one which would destroy itself. I am finding myself slipping as I feel the same I did years ago but in a different environment and a better place in life. The realization that you are still self destructive and feeling like you are in a dream is terrifying. You realize that something in your head will never fully allow you to feel like the others do. So that is why I decided to post it

>I WANT TO SPEAK A NEW LANGUAGE
>LET ME SEE THE BURNING-DOWN OF MY HOMETOWN

When I'm depressed I like to listen to slow, somber music without lyrics. Something the feels kinda lonely, or empty. Lately it's been Brian Eno's Ambient 2, but I'm really looking for new stuff in a similar vein. Nothing crazy loud, quiet and subtle is what I'd like the most

I'd say these albums evoke feelings and precisely don't depress them.
Indulging in the affairs of inner ghosts just to feel more and then feel less because it's a necessity.
The Ideal Crash actually encouraged my dissociation so evidently now it mostly reveals itself contextually and it's a significant part of its value for me.
In Rainbows was the second coming of my dissociation and tbqh, a state of undisturbed practice in feelings. That was, for me, the essence of being isolated and being aware of it.
Disconnecting so I can reconnect differently.
Dark Side was the first album I ever consciously listened to and it's as apt as I initially perceived it to be; an immediate and unchanged connection.
Kunek, also known as - Other Lives; it's the first reincarnation and their most potent. It's just better than everything else and it communicates, really really poignantly.
The rest just fit perfectly for me; Falling back into place.

MBDTF for me.

so you wanna be a superhero fuggs me up

im pretty much in the same position right now. except i can pinpoint the day my depression started. everything was going pretty great but then one day out of the blue i had this panic attack, something i never really had my whole life. the worst thing was realizing that you have no control over how you feel. for the next new month i was anxious as fuck all the time, honestly every minute living was pain. nothing was fun and you always have this impending doom hanging over your head. had i not convinced myself that this was just a phase that would eventually pass i'd definitly had killed myself, and honestly i think if this state would have kept going on forever it would probably even be the right choice. after a few month it got a bit better but i still struggled. some weeks it was better some weeks it was really bad againe. and the depression kind of goes hand in hand with the anxiety. i stopped attending university through this so at some point i dropped out. which of course made the depression worse. now it's 3 years after i had that initial panic attack. i think now i'm cured of that anxiety problem, whatever the fuck that was, but i just dropped out of university because i didn't attend for a long time which is a depressing thing on it's own. i'm happy that the anxiety thing is gone but still i don't fucking now what to do now. i have zero motivation or ambition and am a fucking NEET now...

>reddit depression albums
>this album literally saved my life..

best drinking alone album?
>pic related

was just about to post this. would also recommend Ugly but Honest.

"So here is a note, its been a long month
And now i have to, have to go to sleep now
Its 2 a.m. and i feel like
I might have done something wrong
Finally made an end to all the backwards notes
Now we all are standing in line
So change your clothes again
How can i convince you
To change your mind again
Another one of those times
When i blanket stare"

>memeo posters citing lyrics
>meanwhile this encapsulates depression on a deeper level without a single word

U niggas can't even sad right

good taste although it's hard to find a friend is better

Cd not so much, but this song gets me every time.

I strongly recommend this one

obviously pic related

>such a nice track
Le best track of their discography

dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy