No such thing as talent??

This guy who plays in a ton of shitty bands likes to make memes of himself with his own quotes. One of his recurring themes is the non-existence of talent.

Discuss.

fb com/sonicnadeau

Other urls found in this thread:

permanentmakeup.bandcamp.com/album/permanent-makeup
nmbrs001.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=i1TFCDiPjtI
youtube.com/watch?v=cOCUB9DN_uQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This? PermanentMakeupFL/

Pretty cringe, but sort of agree with him. However saying that there's no such thing as talent is plain stupid. Talent just lets you achieve your goal faster, but without putting in work you're not going to get anywhere

Got working limbs? You can play an instrument.

That's it.

>I have no talent therefore talent does not exist

People will happily accept that they're not as smart as Einstein or Newton, why do people refuse to accept that creativity isn't a level playing field either?

Hes not wrong though. Some people may not be as smart as others but with enough practice any of them can become great.

>Hes not wrong though.
Yes he is and you're a pathetic dickhead.

Talent, if understood as technical level skill, can be achieved by anyone, almost as if you can "acquire talent" by learning to play an instrument better or learning more about theory, but having your own artistic bent and your own creativity is not something that can be taught.

The way this retard is wording it out, however, is borderline retarded. He is pretty much saying that you can pick up a guitar and play it without ever having played it before and it is the same thing as someone such as Jimi Hendrix playing a guitar.

Yikes.
Talent for this particular band is certainly non-existent.
permanentmakeup.bandcamp.com/album/permanent-makeup

I guess he has a band based around "The destruction of masculinity" as well....

nmbrs001.bandcamp.com/releases

Incorrect.
Practice alone can not bridge the gaps of DNA. Some people are better than others in every spectrum of life.

Seems strange for someone who is trying to "destroy the ego" to make memes of themselves...

He is wrong. Sure, anyone can start a band and anyone can """play""" music. Anyone can have kids too, and we know how that usually ends up.

THIS.

>gaps of dna
Yes retarded people may have trouble but practice absolutely can "bridge gaps of dna". Nobody ever plays an instrument well the first time, but practicing lets them figure out how to do things they didnt think they could do.

His Facebook is a goldmine of this type of shit. Absolutely amazing someone could regurgitate this stuff in such quantities.

Yes but, it's not going to ever put the average on the same level as the naturally born gifted.

I can practice the high jump ad nauseam and while I may improve from my original abilities I will never be in the olympics.

seems like a real winner

there is no such thing as naturally born gifted though. Maybe someones a little more coordinated naturally but in the end it still comes down to practice.

Do people still believe everyone has the same potential for everything? It's just that way, I know people with zero ear abillities that have tried to become musicians, and while they can get to play an instrument, they are unable to get things by ear and compose naturally, because they have no natural skills for it.
It's in our brain and bodies, and that's something you can't defefat.

is that him playing bass?

Yes.

>You have 3 mutual friends with him
fucking tampa man

What model bass is he playing?

youtube.com/watch?v=i1TFCDiPjtI

holy fucking shit dude

You have to train your ear and learn composition to do such. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
People don't do it naturally untill they've practiced.

Not sure what hurts more: the music itself, the tags, or the fact they're selling it for almost 20 bones. Bandcamp was a mistake.

ITT: Idiots who have never made music
guess what kids? all that avant garde shit you guys drool over. started off like these bands making utter shit until they finally got it right

post music you've made or fuck off!

how do i make sure i never become these guys

Most people are never able to do it.
I know a lot of musicians, of those who have to practice hours hours and hours to perfect their instruments to an academic standard, and I, who have natural skills their asses at every course where hearing was involved at music school.

this.
It's really like you assholes have never tried your asses on any discipline and can't accept the idea that someone may have or not more natural skills or potential than you.

*beat their asses

Is that dog fucking dead?

yes there is you nonce, the user youre arguing with isnt get his point accross that well, talent is a very real thing, but thats not to say some with out 'talent' wont catch up with out practice, all talent is the predetermined ability to do something better

what the fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=cOCUB9DN_uQ

This is pretty cool