/heem/ - FIVE DAYS TILL BACKPACK EDITION

old thread: news: bjpenn.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mmajunkie.com/2016/08/anthony-johnson-vs-jon-jones-title-eliminator-ufc-boss-dana-white-thinking-about-it
mmajunkie.com/2016/08/leon-edwards-vs-albert-tumenov-booked-for-ufc-204-in-manchester
mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ufc-202-medical-suspensions-mcgregor-needs-clearance-on-left-foot-to-avoid-six-month-term
mmajunkie.com/2016/08/newcomer-alex-ricci-in-for-josh-emmett-vs-jeremy-kennedy-at-ufc-on-fox-21
mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ex-cage-warriors-champ-alex-enlund-meets-martin-buschkamp-at-ufc-fight-night-93
youtu.be/0DKKEijjAlo
youtu.be/InnRJIGfLFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maia uses HGH

thanks for taking me out of action during the fight card over 1 line about chael's daughter bro

Be careful.

Carlos will whoop that boy.

you probably deserved it

every card conor touches turns to gold lads?

I also got a 3 day ban cause I told the janny to quit harboring bitterness in his bum soul

But you probably deserved your ban you edgy Sup Forumsturd

WOODLEY and MCGREGOR have the exact same height and reach.

Someone try and convince themselves and more importantly literally anybody that BLACKSPLOSIVE vs GOOBS won't be the memest match up in heem history.

Woodley would murder Conor desu
I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley starts calling for that fight, he wants the money fight after all

I was expecting this to be an American post

/r/ing side by side webm of Glover and Aldo 13 sec knockout

I 100% agree

no he won't

Maia gonna crawl on him

Demian will just wrestlefuck him just like he did to Matt Brown

the boy came into the contest at 190 lbs yeh

>being so alpha you call a man four years older than you "the boy" and nobody bats an eye

>waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I can't navigate a free flowing conversation without my training(you)wheels

well, maybe he reffered to mental development

The truth is janitors have no idea what is or isn't off topic in heem so u can report any post and there is a 50% chance a janni will delete it

>actually reporting something

poland fucking everything up again

Or maybe the janny actually posts on /heem/ and gets butthurt when people insult him

Upcoming events:

8/26: Bellator 160: Henderson vs Freire
8/27: ONE FC: Jakarta - Santos vs Svirid
8/27: UFC on Fox 21 - Condit vs Maia
9/2: ONE FC: Kuala Lumpur - Gafurov vs Lisita
9/3: UFC FN 93 - Arlovski vs Barnett
9/9: RFA 43 - Camozzi vs Barnes
9/10: UFC 203 - Miocic vs Overeem
9/16: Bellator 161 - Kongo vs Johnson
9/17: UFC FN 94 - Poirier vs Johnson
9/23: Invicta FC 19 - Maia vs Modafferi
9/24: UFC FN 95 - Cyborg vs Lansberg
9/25: RIZIN 2 - TBA
10/1: UFC FN 96 - Lineker vs Dodson
10/8: UFC 204 - Bisping vs Henderson 2

News:

mmajunkie.com/2016/08/anthony-johnson-vs-jon-jones-title-eliminator-ufc-boss-dana-white-thinking-about-it

mmajunkie.com/2016/08/leon-edwards-vs-albert-tumenov-booked-for-ufc-204-in-manchester

mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ufc-202-medical-suspensions-mcgregor-needs-clearance-on-left-foot-to-avoid-six-month-term

mmajunkie.com/2016/08/newcomer-alex-ricci-in-for-josh-emmett-vs-jeremy-kennedy-at-ufc-on-fox-21

mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ex-cage-warriors-champ-alex-enlund-meets-martin-buschkamp-at-ufc-fight-night-93

Brutal heem here

youtu.be/0DKKEijjAlo
youtu.be/0DKKEijjAlo
youtu.be/0DKKEijjAlo

Reminder that weight classes exist for this reason

Janny is a casual mate
I thought we established this over the fact he stickied Rousey/Bethe yet has never done that before or since. He's just waiting for her return

YEW'LL

DO

NUTTIN
U
T
T
I
N

wow thanks for this very educational and helpful post. me and many others here on /heem/ rely on high-quality posters like you for our MMA-related news.

I've almost always defended the UFC just because they deliver the best product with the highest quality roster, but fuck, the matchmaking is going to shit right now. We should all consider a move to /asp/

everyone knows that only the most casual of fans frequent heem, and that it's common for non fight fans to come specifically to these threads to search through them for mma news and upcoming fights

no problem pal

post yfw /heem/ is finally /heem/ again

Wait a second

Are WE actually the premier minds of mma media?

that's a DQ, grounded opponent

This is exactly what we needed
Shit was going too fast and people were posting mindless drivel

Isn't the problem with boxing that they're *not* making money fights? ie: They're not making the fights that people actually want to watch?

The group people who just want to watch spicy bangers is distinct from the group of people who care about the integrity of the rankings (hint, the second group is dum).

Why does it matter that Dan Henderson is fighting for the MW strap? Who actually cares about who the champion is? It doesn't matter. What matters is if it'll be a good fight or not, and it will.

>Irish flag
>first Irish showed up after McGoobz beat Mendes
>implying you can judge

Second kick on the ground landed to the body, perfect,y legal shot.

mfw

yes dude obviously, I've been saying that for a while now

whatever, doesn't really matter much anyways dude might as well forget about it

yeah I agree, it's nice when we do it

this is literally the dumbest meme

yeah that's right I'm gonna do that even when no quotes aloud get used to it bud

Name high quality posters who have only ever benefitted the /heem/ experience
I'll start

>Aussie webm guy
>SpergOP

Me

sperg is the best one ever so that's all you need to say really

wew i can't spell

benefited

why guys

lmaobud
Based nephew

It keeps things flowy

>i need conversational training wheels to follow a text-based discussion

looks like big brother conor and little brother nathan got into the sweet and sour sauce again, aunt lorie's gonna be pissed

The problem with boxing is that it's so fractured with multiple belts and there's no centralized head to keep things working. Since the May-Pac fight, a lot of PPVs have actually underperformed, including Canelo-Cotto which isn't good if Canelo is the new face of boxing (thanks to Mexicans, not merit).

The UFC benefits from being a centralized org in that it can make fighters take tough opponents. Without doing that, it's essentially turning into boxing except the fighters are getting cut out of a larger share of profits for even less of a reason.

Boxing is a niche sport now, regardless of its profitability. No casuals knew what belts Mayweather or Pacquaio held. When the belts are devalued, and there are dozen of them, the sport becomes too complicated for casuals to grasp. To this point, putting "championship" in the UFC marketing really did generate more viewership. That won't be the case anymore if you keep pissing away the meritocracy at such a fast rate.

Bisping-Hendo is a fun fight. Let it happen after Bisping loses the belt to his next opponent, which is what pretty much everybody on the planet thinks will happen. Even a little restraint like that helps.

Me on the right

tl;dr

omfg

>if the OP doesn't include upcoming fights and news articles that literally nobody cares about, i'll post them later on in the thread myself

>p-p-p-please notice my awesome avatar guys

end yourself

also what do you guys think of the Edwards-Tumenov match
Easy win for Tumenov imo

Wew lad, zero self awareness. Kind of hope he got heem'd on his way home.

I love the match up. Tumenov will win, but it will allow him to really display his skills and make his name relevant again.

This fucking match.

It's probably going to end up being a top ten for me. Too bad nothing was at stake.

>stealing my stuttering greentext meme because it triggered you so hard

Diaz/Goobs 2 was pretty damn hype, but I think people are really overstating when they're saying it's one of the best ever and shit. Just this year I think Lawler/Condit was better

not even joking legit made me laugh out loud when I read it, the picture is fucking perfect

How many variations of the same image do you have? God damn

>I invented stuttering greentext even though I've only been here for a year, please don't stop replying to me

>this assmad

McGoat shutting Alvarez' mouth when?

Fight of the year contender, just like many others but it will probably get the award based on the hype, names and magnitude of it.

Not really. There was a lot more drama here, both contextually and intertextually. Conor dominating early on with those knockdowns, Nate almost finishing him at the end of the third, both fighters getting fucked up on their way to a decision. All of the questions about McGregor's camp, him salvaging his career, this being one of the biggest fights in the sport, etc.

I'm saying drama aside though, just the fight itself. I'm not here pretending I wasn't jumping up more during the Diaz/Goobs fight than I was Lawler/Condit, but in terms of what actually took place in the fight, I don't think Diaz/Goobs was particularly special. I'll probably rewatch it soon, maybe it's because it was a rematch we were getting pretty soon so it sort of felt like we've seen some of this before

Condit vs Lawler was a better fight than Diaz vs Mcgregor II. Still the clear front runner for foty I think.

Condit vs Lawler is FOTY so far.

Second is Cruz vs Dillashaw

Third is McMuffin vs Diaz

Who else /Ortega/?

Agreed.

Diaz vs Mcgregor II is getting overrated because of name value/drama.

What is the lock of the weekend?

I hope Kevin Casey heems him this weekend

What the hell is Cowboys game right now? He's fought 3 times at Welterweight, has done pretty well and then goes and asks for a Lightweight title shot.
Whilst his performance at Welterweight has been good, I don't think his wins there should really determine anything in the Lightweight division. His win over Alvarez means something, but when it comes to Lightweight his last fight there was a title fight in which he lost. He needs to take another fight there against a top 5 guy before being title shot worthy I think.

Is catch wrestling a dead art?

it was spicy, and had a lot of drama, Conor was up to -400 at one point, then Nate cameback and was -200 and Conor ended at -500

joe lauzon is the best value of the week imo

Continue to be the best gatekeeper since Yushin Okami

Cerrone shouldn't get a title shot for belt unless he gets wins in that division. He ran from the division when RDA was champ and is ready to go back only now that Alvarez is champ. He offered to fill in against Erick silva on the Brazil fight night. I'd be surprised if they made that fight though.

im betting miller then

>the bookies love him

enjoy losing your money

Was Connor inefficient with energy while throwing leg kicks because they were a new technique? How does he still gas in the second round when he wasn't just throwing dat left hand shot and didn't have to cut weight?

Joe is live with the old Jew
youtu.be/InnRJIGfLFU
youtu.be/InnRJIGfLFU

Because you can't just put on significant cardio in that little amount of time

He probably never wanted to leave the lightweight division. He kind of couldn't get another title shot as long as RDA was the champ because he was finished in the first round when they fought.
He also probably wants a piece of Conor, because Conor wants to fight at lightweight, I mean look at Nate, those McGregor fights changed everything for him.

Supposedly 205 card is being built this week

Post realistic fights you want to see

Joe Rogan just rekt this jew

khabib vs pacquiao
vs muhammad ali

I'll say it again Lads.

Cowboy would beat Alvarez and then Heem Goobs for a title-defense. Dana knows this and will be reluctant to give him the shot. Going to be interesting going forward since Cowboy has leverage due to his contract being up, having beaten Alvarez before, AND running through WW.

would be glorious.
Conor has an excellent shot at being the first UFC in-octagon death.

Alvarez vs Mcgregor
Weidman vs Jones @ 200lbs
Tyron vs Wonderboy
Rockhold vs Anderson
Edgar vs Holloway