If GB had America's population, they'd win every single gold medal

>If GB had America's population, they'd win every single gold medal
My friend said this just now. Is he right?

if my auntie had a ballsack she'd be my uncle

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

If my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle

if my friend was a fag he would be OP

That's literally true though, can't believe you autists are incapable of calculating simple proportions

Would you win basketball?

>if

if i were attractive or had even an ounce of charisma i'd have a girlfriend

i'd win my cock your sisters arsehole

>American banter

IF

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

>implying

Bongland wont even qualify for surfing and baseball in 2020

>Your nan wasn't the village bicycle

Britain invented baseball, so, yeah, we won't. We invent every major ball game in the world bar basketball and netball, then get good at playing them badly.

If i had a little spaghetti penis i'd be asian

Do it, my sister could use a good laugh

No your friend is an idiot. If GB had America's population, they'd still only be able to send the same number of athletes per event and athletic skill and talent isn't some magic lottery that increases with population size. Your best would still be your best, your chances of winning a medal would still be the same since the upper limit of the number of athletes you can enter for each sport would be the same, all no matter how many random average joes are sitting back at home.

Lol

We invented those 2 as well

If the USA actually paid their Olympic athletes like they do in GB no country would ever come close to their medal count.

No, we didn't. Basketball was invented by Americans after Independence and Netball was a woman misreporting the rules of basketball.

rounders isn't the same thing as baseball, neither is softball. overhand pitching introduces an entirely new skillset to the game that changes everything about the way it's played.

tbf your universities hand out sports scholarships like candy.

I don't think there's a single scheme in the UK that comes even remotely close to what your universities offer.

>Netball was a woman misreporting the rules of basketball

technically basketball was invented by a canadian living in america. way to be wrong nigel

If the brits invent a sport
do they automatically suck at it?

rekt

Fuck the technicality, it was still invented in the USA.

(You)

USA Population = 319 million
GB Population = 64.1 Million

US has 5.2 times more people.

GB medals = 67

So if GB had USA population

Medals = 348
Compared to lol 100ish that USA got

Number of events at Rio is 306

Go figure

tbf you're absolutely right.

Wow

IF i just do a bit of maths...hold on...ok, got it!
WE WON!

Here's the flaw in your logic. I don't know how they do things in Kekland, but in the US we have multiple qualifiers and tournaments to see who the best athletes are in said sport, leading to them representing us in said events in said Olympics, said I.

SURE BRITKEKS WHATEVER YOU SAY GAHAHHAHA, YOU BRITS ARE GONNA GET
LESS GOLD MEDALS IN TOKYO GAHAHAHHS SCREENCAP THIS POST BRITCOCKS
GAHHAHA AND ALSO THERE IS MO FARAH SAVING YOU BRITS TIME GAHAHAHHA

BRITBONGS
T
F
O

It's 2016 you filthy bigot.

I don't get it.

>China has largest population in the world
>Finishes 3rd to US and GB

Population means absolutely nada

Just because you give them a greater population doesn't mean they'll suddenly be better at swimming and athletics

She'd be tops at the 800m though.

Did you really just try to use wikipedia to win an argument?
ayy lmao

If GB had America's population, they would have a serious overcrowding problem. Can you imagine 320 million people living in a space only slightly larger than Illinois?

GB is not that far off from being an Indian province anyway.

Or that they'd be allowed to send 4.6 times the athletes.

>UK delegation sinze: 374
>UK would need ~4.6 times the athletes or 1708 athletes
>USA delegation size for comparison: 567

See

We're not shit at rugby or cricket, so it's not quite a given.

Netball was first played and developed in england, and basketball was invented by a British subject. Try again, seppo

>a British subject
rude

baseball didn't resemble the modern game until the early 20th century. it went through several rule changes after being adapted from rounders.

Objectively yes

My per capita.

England just had a freakishly good year it happens. In 1904 America won 239 medals total and in 1996 we won 83 gold medals.

It happens

How long will the britbong and amerifat shitposting autists cling on to the Olympics lads?

>greater population
>greater talent pool for any given sport
>greater chance of finding outliers
It's not exactly rocket appliances

In 1904 barely anyone but you guys turned up, though. There were 526 US athletes, 56 Canadians, 22 Germans, 8 South Africans and 6 Brits.

Really early Olympics don't exactly matter (including our own 1908 one, although that was slightly less silly than 1904 in that at least the 2nd largest delegation, France, had over 50% as many athletes as we did) because the participation outside of nearby countries was dismal.

You're also thinking of '84 not '96, where almost none of the Eastern European countries attended, so it was missing two of the top 3 performing countries.

Doesn't stop direct per capita arguments being stupid, obviously.

That same shitipedia article starts out by saying that the frogs actually invented it in the 13th century.
Poor britbongs cant catch a break

pretty sure it said there were only 200+ participants in total. but the US squad was much larger than the rest, i'll give you that.

>In 1904 America won 239 medals total

Well jeez I wonder why that was.

i'm wrong. i think i was looking at just the track and field.

PER

>That same shitipedia article starts out by saying that the frogs actually invented it in the 13th century.

Nothing to do with what developed into baseball.

Part right, part wrong.
Time tends to make people think these things
Dentists are not doctors you know?

>tbf your universities hand out sports scholarships like candy.
yeah to women, that's why they dominate
they do to guys also, for football and basketball. and swimming I guess.
many of the scholarships go to foreign athletes also. a shit ton of foreign olympians go to our universities

>women
>men
>international students

So everyone?

what?

90% of scholarship for guys go to football and basketball. title ix means that for every one of those a woman gets a scholarship for some meme olympic sports

guys who want to do meme olympic sports other than swimming are usually out of luck. not to mention that 9/10 of the best physically impressive athletes play football and basketball anyway. which isn't the case for other team sports as they usually require more skill than just pure physical prowess. our track and field guys are basically our 2nd tier niggers, and they still dominate.

and the international students point was just to say that our university system doesn't just benefit our country in the olympics, it benefits many countries.

>not shit at rugby
Fiji obliterated ur ass

>not shit at cricket
India and Ausfailia might take exception

>Fiji obliterated ur ass

Rugby Sevens is completely different to the full game.

WE WUZ KANGS N SHID

If GB had America's population on that tiny island they'd be classified as a third world country

if they had our population they wouldn't need to focus on medal padding with meme sports like they do.

Its always different when ur on the losing end

Well no because winning or losing doesn't change the fact it's a different game to the full rugby union.

Cmon guys! The brits are even better at pedoes. Michael Jackson got btfo by Jimmy Savile in the 8-12yr old class

>muh Per Capita
>not looking at perfect examples like Mexico or India
>all that population
>absolute shit at winning medals

Even fucking China wouldn't win as many medals if there weren't fucking government run facilities churning out "athletes" to compete for the sake of their family having food to eat.

>mfw people think per capita is actually a thing

The same 2 countries we beat in our last series righto

If population is the reason America does well at the Olympics, then why do Olympic athletes from other countries train in America?

t. OP

>and the international students point was just to say that our university system doesn't just benefit our country in the olympics, it benefits many countries.

case in point, the greatest British athlete, Mohammed Farah, trains at the University of Oregon.

To get acclimatised.

>acclimatised
to what?
Oregon's got the mildest climate around and isn't high altitude.

It has a mediterranean climate, much hotter than anywhere in Britain, and similar to Rio and Tokyo temperatures

His PED connection, Alberto Salazar, works in Oregon. It's just easier than having your drugs FedEx'ed.

Its all about money and who wants to pump the most of it into their olympic team.

"Financial doping" is the new "marginal gains"

check the numbers of athletes that competed for China, the USA, and the UK.