Why americans athletes wear spandex?

why americans athletes wear spandex?

to keep the pads in position

so you can easily outline the asses

>spandex and pads

Hmmmm..........

because wearing sweats is retarded.

The cute butts; think before you speak user.

makes your ass look more defined

so you can't pull on a guy's pants to tackle him. lots of potential for leg and ankle injuries there.

Why do you think football applies to all athletics in the United States?

That never happens in rugby and they use shorts

shorts are different, they have no ankles so guys on the ground can't just grab you. ankle tackling is a skill in football that not every player has, and wearing regular pants would diminish it.

>you now remember during a HS football walk thru practice a lineman got pants'd during 11 on 11 drills

Why would you wear trousers instead or shorts?

that kid was me.

because football is played in the autumn and winter. i don't know how it is down there but it can get pretty fucking cold here.

All sports here are played the whole year and we have temperatures over 0°C

Onle the goalkeepers wear pants and it's because they don't run. I guess American sports need that too because they just stand there for 99% of the time

yeah well in some of our football states, -7 degrees celsius is common during the winter months.

Get with the times.

It's called "Compression" gear.

It compresses shit like your muscles that has been scientifically proven to increase performance and reduce fatigue. It also compresses your balls which has been scientifically proven to make you shoot blanks.

But in Russia they wear shorts too in soccer games

When you are running you don't feel cold

you do if it's below freezing.

Mate, Russia or Iceland are colder than the USA and they wear shorts

the MLS wear shorts too adn they have the same climate as the NFL

Yea but in football there is about 5-10sec of activity, then 30sec of waiting around for the play call

Ya, that's what I said in my previous post

Same with baseball or cricket, most of the time they just stand there

no they don't, their season ends just when it starts to get cold outside. people who play soccer aren't running all the time anyway, they're jogging most of the time, so they could probably benefit from wearing pants. i am a runner myself, and i wear hoodies and track pants when it's cold outside. you have to be in a dead sprint to not feel the cold.

Salary of Hand Egg player wearing shorts = 3 pesos
Salary of average US Football player = $900,000

Those shorts really pay off for you don't they

To add to that, there are quad pads that are supposed to protect your legs when someone hits you low and leads with their helmet

i guess they could probably just have shorts over their tights but then defenders will have something to grab and its sort of hard to run with your pants round your ankles

If they wear pants it's because they get cold because they stand too much time

Field hockey girls play with skirts and shin pads and it's quite cold during winter here

If a 300pound nigger defensive lineman was coming at you like you stole his fried chicken...Would you rather be wearing pants with pads or shorts?

if it doesn't even go below freezing down there, you have no idea what cold really is. you would literally die if you came into a minnesota winter wearing shorts.