Would you consider the Director's Cut one of the best cinematic masterpieces of our time?

Would you consider the Director's Cut one of the best cinematic masterpieces of our time?

Yes.

Scott's DC is guaranteed kino.

>Legend DC
>KoH DC
>BR DC

What is Jerusalem worth?

Nothing.

Evary-ting

Idk why Orlando got so much flakk for his performance, I thought he played his part really well.

Was he God?

Yes. KoH DC is amazing

Eh, he did okay but he never brings anything phenomenal to any of his performances. Theatrical cut made it worse, since his character is stripped of all depth and motivation but even the DC, his performance is still satisfactory and nothing else.

what a failure of a movie, even the director's cut

what little sense it makes is false

That heroic, suicidal calvary charge to save the civilians brings a tear to my eye every time.

Shitty in-you-are-face dialogue, weak ending, bad plotline
Top tier characterization though
9/10

The fictional first 30 minutes where Bloom is a French peasant were totally unnecessary

It would have been had they went with a better lead actor. As it stands, a solid 8/10 movie with great performances from Norton and Gleeson especially.

Does the regular version of this movie suck? It was on one of the movie channels and I recorded it but never watched it.

Yes. The epic scale, ambitious storytelling, acting performances (even Bloom was good), soundtrack, cinematography, realization of setting, and character depth make this a true must-watch. One of my favorite movies of all time (along with The Great Beauty and Good Will Hunting).

Yes.

I thought the theatrical version was okay when I first saw it. I was in my teens so I was like DUDE CRUSADES LMAO and it was entertaining enough.

The directors cut changed my entire perspective of it. I now see it as one of the great films of the 21st century so far.

After seeing the directors cut, the most pressing question I have concerning it is who the fuck thought it was a good idea to take out pretty much all the scenes that gave it its depth and turn it into a subpar action movie?

The complete version is such a compelling film that when they cut it, large swathes of the film actually made no sense.

Anybody else remember watching the theatrical and thinking Balien overreacted by shanking *that* priest and watching him burn?

Then the directors cut explains it, and then when it happens it all makes sense, and it seems absolutely justified.

No. It's bretty gud though

Sadly, smothering the artist's vision is a common tragedy in modern-day Hollywood. The latest example of this is Rogue One—50% of it is being reshot because Disney executives found it to be too grim.

We need a return to the land of auteurs. I respect Fukunaga a lot for walking after the suits tried to compromise his vision.

>Sadly, smothering the artist's vision is a common tragedy in modern-day Hollywood
It's a shame, because Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors, I like so many of his films, so it's a shame so few people would have experience KoH as he wanted it to be experienced, it seems to have become something of a cult film.

Don't worry, Hollywood is dying soon.

It really is a shame. I hope things change in the near future. There's more to movie magic than net profit.

It's quite the enviable death, then. They're still raking in tens of billions.

Watched the theatrical cut again the order day. Amazing how they took out everything that made the director's cut so great; specifically all the scenes that hinted the hospitaller was God. The scene with Balien trueing rocks at the creosote bush is incredible

>specifically all the scenes that hinted the hospitaller was God
Fuck.

Now you've given me something else to think about.

Looking back on it, that's an interesting theory.

Except for when he fucks off into the desert to follow King dipshit and ends up with the rest in the rotting pile of corpses with his head lopped off.

It was the filmmakers intention to frame it like that. How else do you explain the scene where he touches Balien after the Templar ambush? He touches him and Balien starts moving again

>muslims are good guys
????

haven't seen LOL

Everything

Yes, he movie is amazing. Thankfully it made a fuck ton over seas

Yeah and his comments throughout the film about religion and doing what you think is right is interesting.

But then I don't get why he marches off to his death and actually dies.

Is that the directors way of trying to tell us that God has abandoned the Kingdom of Jerusalem?

That it no longer deserves the Holy Land?

That God is now on the side of the Muslims instead?

I think it only reinforces the idea that God works in mysterious ways. Remember before he heads off he says

>My order is with the army

Orlando Bloom ruins this movie.

Got pretty negative reviews, personally I enjoyed it but I was pretty young. The scenes really they cut bring the movie together

Flammable wood-and-rope Trebuchets firing from 3 miles away at night when you can't see what you're doing or the enemy and all the ammunition is on fire.