Does it hurt?

Does it hurt?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_Belge
mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2012/09/11/acupuncture-provides-true-pain-relief-in-study/?referer=
dcscience.net/2013/05/30/acupuncture-is-a-theatrical-placebo-the-end-of-a-myth/
sciencebasedmedicine.org/acupuncture-doesnt-work/
youtu.be/81Tukx0WT1M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wonder what it feels like to put on ballsack

No doubt it could help with muscle bloodflow, but that shit is horrid for the skin.

Like becoming infertile via suction cup

Apparently it doesnt.

And they rub the cups up and down your muscles while they're suctioned, it's the weirdest thing.

Nah, it's pretty painless
You get similar marks from slightly sucking at your skin for a few minutes, it's nothing tragic.

I bet it's going to become a fashion at some point, just for the fancy esthetic

psst -- it's a non-scientific con job

My girlfriend gets it done to her back sometimes (she's Taiwanese and actually believes most of that ooga booga Chinese medicine bullshit). She said it feels good.

There are a bunch of weird techniques that are used to enhance the blood flow after training. From compressing trousers to bathing in liquid Nitrogen, athletes will do practically anything to speed up their recovery process. If you look at the horse placenta shit, cupping is relatively harmless by comparison.

>mfw my doctor also does acupuncture

Should I trash him?

What is it for?

acupuncture was great for my rhinitis desu

HE GOT A GOOK

Yes. It's been shown to be bullshit.

Acupuncture kept me and my surgically repaired shoulder in sports. A lot more therapeutic then a massage. I'd kill for reasonably priced or covered acupuncture.

This guy can fuck off

Is $50 reasonable? I'll stick some needles in you for that.

What is it good for?

anti-sharting?

cupping is truly amazing

cupping and roids

I used to get it for free through my unicersity, so I can't justify that cost and my insurance won't cover or offer it cuz hurr durr muh eastern medicine bullshit. It's normally $60. A lot of them are shit at it too. For a couple years though it was amazing rehab. Didn't care much for the cups though.

it can fuck you up really bad

Just take a gatorade bottle and squeeze in your skin. It's the same thing

What does it do? Somebody explain?

Reminder that acupuncture and chiropractic is pure quackery

pseudoscientific chink quackery professional athletes are the biggest suckers on earth desu.

Physiotherapist here

Cupping doesnt hurt, i tried it. I helps to stimulate the bmood flow in musvles and can have some action on fascia. No study can show objective gain for a mesurable variable. However some studoes show positive effects described by patients on their pain and musvle soreness.
Those results are comparable with the studies about massage.

About acupuncture, i learnt some tevniques in china and it's not harmful for anyone ( unless you want cure cancer onviously). There are antalgical effects on some patients, no study can say if it's a physiological effect or placebo

About chiropractic i dont know much cause its not very developped in France

it's kind of like a deep tissue massage, but backwards
where a massage is positive pressure from the outside, cupping is negative pressure

he looks like a pomegranate

I want to pick one off and eat it

wut da fug

Also, fun fact: those colourful taping you can see on almost every athletes are proved to be uneficient

>implying this isn't a side effect of the advanced doping techniques they've introduced

I for one welcome our new 8 foot tall giraffe-skinned superhuman master race overlords

>No study can show objective gain for a mesurable variable
this sentence does not make sense

He's French

I could see someone accidentally castrating themselves that way

>Acupuncture kept me and my surgically repaired shoulder in sports.
>Anecdotal evidence
It's been shown to perform no better than placebo, both through studies that directly compared them to a sugar pill, and studies where the patient received needles in the wrong area, yet had the practitioner say it was the right area. There's nothing wrong with it per say, since it's not going to harm you, but a salt water injection would have just as much effect, or even more since injections are culturally seen as a more severe form of treatment.

JUST

>professional Olympic athletes getting a certain type of treatment
>fat autists claiming its bullshit and doesn't work

This site never ceases to amaze me. I'd rather get the treatments that professional athletes get than what you faggots say works and what doesn't

Fix you C key

most athletes are stupid as fuck tho

phelps definitely included

Literally donuts.

Not to mention most of them will be willing to try anything, regardless of if it works or not, so long as it doesn't actively harm them, to try and give them an edge over their competition.

Their trainers and doctors aren't.

It means nothing if they're stupid or not. After all, Phelps, hell, even the whole Indian team has had much more success than you'll ever have in your pathetic life, you fat neckbearded muslim. Go back to your mosque.

dunno m8 the sport science people at my uni had a rep for being the dumbest fucks on campus

That's understandable though since you're British.

Its extremely painful

phelps is a big guy

>so long as it doesn't actively harm them

lol, sorry, but you're deluded here. Those guys are ready to take any kind of shit if that gives them an edge.

I remember the shitstorm during the Festina case on the Tour de France 98, and the interviews of some riders afterwards. That was insane, with stuff like the "Belgian Pot" ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_Belge ). One of them was explaining that if a doctor told them that injecting liquid shit into their veins would improve their performances, they would take it without even thinking twice.

I read it can give you blood clots, makes logical sense

Jesus, her back looks like a Converge album cover or some shit

Retarded gook a shit

German bantz are criminally underrated

>However some studoes show positive effects described by patients on their pain and musvle soreness.
The same could be said of homeopathy.

You're right, it must work.

THANK YOU

I was just scouring my folders for this.

For you

I saw some old lady in Toronto last weekend who had cupping marks on her back. She was definitely not an athlete.

they truly are though. it's a different style of humor that most people don't really stop a second and think about so it goes over their heads and they go on thinking "hurr, germans can't into funny". its kind of like british humor but even dryer

But homeopathy does work.

>implying thats not even better for treatment

In the same way that a placebo works.

this. so do those power braclets

They have to justify their existence somehow. Their paycheck is on the line. It does them no good to tell their athletes just to rest or whatever. They gotta do something. If you were a trainer, you'd swear by a load of shit like some super special cupping technique or magical muscle tape just to say "See, you totally need me."

Traditionally used to move the persons chi to the area to help the healing process. I dont believe it has to be a strong suction that will do damage to the skin.

Who's that performing the treatment. She's cute

Why would you need her name? Are you going to masturbate to a average looking girl just because she's touching your idol?

Nigga you're fucked up

Bunch of conflicting studies.the jury is still out on it.

I am one of the most injury prone people out their and have tried everything to help me heal injuries. Acupuncture helps, just like massages and cupping have for me.

For acupuncture you have to go to a legit place where they actually know what their doing and have to do several sessions. It improved my nerve/muscle damage, far from perfect healed but it ar least got me somewhere

>Bunch of conflicting studies.the jury is still out on it.
They're conflicting because some are methodologically sound and others aren't. "Works for me" isn't an argument.

>For acupuncture you have to go to a legit place where they actually know what their doing
Nobody knows what they're doing because it doesn't work.

Harmless but stupid. Bruising is just microvascular damage and free blood pooling that is now OUT of circulation. Cupping actually decreases the available corculating blood.

It doesn't work for xenophobic morons like you who go in telling themselves it's bull shit, or just don't go all together because you're so convinced it's bull shit. Same for any sort of ttreatmen, like Steve Jobs convincing himself modern medicine is bull shit. In the mean time:

mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2012/09/11/acupuncture-provides-true-pain-relief-in-study/?referer=

if alternative medicine worked it would just be called medicine

Does a cupping session have a full release option?

why

>i'm sympathetic to snake oil salesmen and I give them my shekels out of the fear of looking like a xenophobe

>It doesn't work for xenophobic morons like you who go in telling themselves it's bull shit
That should tell you something about the efficacy of the treatment, m8.
I only point this out to help others make an informed decision.
I don't care what culture your faith-based medicine is from.

>It doesn't work for xenophobic morons like you who go in telling themselves it's bull shit
>it only works if you think it works

Literally the definition of placebo, you fucking idiot.

if a placebo works than what's the problem?

Acupuncture is like leeching. We wouldnt keep putting that shit on people's bodies if it didnt do anything. Alternative medicine is real traditional medicine.

>Jesus, her back looks like a Converge album cover or some shit
Respect.

>if a placebo works than what's the problem?
That people with actual problems are conned into paying for it instead of the treatments that might actually do them good and that it presents itself as scientific when it's not.
>Acupuncture is like leeching.
Yes
>We wouldnt keep putting that shit on people's bodies if it didnt do anything.
That's a completely ridiculous thing to suggest because it happens all the time with a huge variety of treatments, unless that is you think every single variety of "alternative medicine" is sound.
Also acupuncture wasn't subject to the same scorn because it wasn't a part of the evolution of western medicine, if it was a common practice in the west at the same time leeching was it would be viewed similarly.

>cupping and taping doesn't work

It's like none of you have Ph.D. In phisiology OH WAIT

The sports industry exists to sell a bunch of bullshit to regular folks that will buy it.

Supplements with "proprietary blends" aka flour. Pre-workout energy matrixes, aka a cocktail of overpriced and readily available stimulants. All natural testosterone boosters(kek). That stupid fucking tape people slap on their joints that doesn't do a single fucking thing.

Just pick up a fitness magazine sometime.

Basically the sports and fitness industry is a fucking hotbed of snake oil salesmen. This is simply another one that caught on.

>guys guys ask me about my """"""""""""degree"""""""""""""""

any chance we can hear your thoughts on vaccines?

It probably doesn't hurt, it probably feels kinda neato, and it most certainly doesn't fucking do anything useful for performance. Just another retarded fad from the sport """""science""""" crowd.

If you would kindly direct your attention to the link I posted, the National Institute for Health said it works so your argument is moot.

Because the NIH is a bastion of hard science, isn't it? Shit, whatya say, while we've got our suction cups on why don't we do some bench presses on a bosu ball? LOL it's no different than doing them on a bench right?!

>injecting sugar pills into your shoulder

Imagine going up to this guy and giving his back a few hearty slaps. The pus would probably literally explode on your face like a back facializing you with blister-cum lol

>the National Institute for Health said it works so your argument is moot.
And the BMJ says it doesn't.

>bathing in liquid Nitrogen

Katie would never defile her body like that

dcscience.net/2013/05/30/acupuncture-is-a-theatrical-placebo-the-end-of-a-myth/
sciencebasedmedicine.org/acupuncture-doesnt-work/

Its just this I'm worried about desu
youtu.be/81Tukx0WT1M

>treatment
believing this is an actual treatment

I doubt it has any kind of beneficial effect at all and makes you look like a twat afterwards.

Who cares about looking like a twat? Everyone wears burqas anyway