What do you think of Weird Al?

What do you think of Weird Al?

Do you think of Weird Al?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amish Paradise is better than the original.

He's obsolete. any idiot can make a parody video on youtube now, and thanks to folks like college humor, buzzfeed, and youtube "celebs" they can make high quality parody music videos before Weird al can even get to the material

> total 80s child
Love'em. Do or have owned almost all his albums. And his band is pretty good at covering styles too.

My Dad used to play Running With Scissors and Poodle Hat every time we'd go on family trips. I listened to a shit ton of Queen and Weird Al growing up. Saw him in concert around 8 years ago, and he gave my Dad a lapdance. It was really the best concerts I've ever been to.

desu more people might know amish than gangstas

one hit wonder

what would you ask him if you could? i have the opportunity to meet him soon

>what would you ask him if you could? i have the opportunity to meet him soon

Why did you kill all those people?

Smells Like Nirvana and I Lost on Jeopardy are my favs

Should I ask him about Edgy Teens?

He wrote Dare to Be Stupid. Enough said.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ

> "I was in shock. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. He sort of re-sculpted that song into something else and... I hate him for it, basically." - Mark Mothersbaugh

Al cleans up pretty well. :3

youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU

Probably the best thing to come from that shit fest

Patrician as fuck.

yeah he crops up every now and then

wasz wrong? we didn't get our movie/art show/record contract

it sucked.

eh Al?

if you told people in the 80s that in the 00s Weird Al would still be relevant but Michael Jackson will have fizzled out, nobody would ever believe you.

He co-wrote and starred in one of the best films ever, UHF.

yesss. Probably going to have to rewatch it tonight.

>implying

You deserved to be knifed.

I want to ask him serious music questions about his process, how the band tries to emulate the original sounds (do they use digital modeling amps?), how he ranks as an accordion player among people that genuinely love the accordion, etc.

I get pretty tired of him doing his "wacky" schtick in every interview and rarely giving serious answers to anything.

Albuquerque was one of those defining songs of my youth.
Agreed, I love the story that Mark Knopfler wanted to play on his Money for Nothing parody but heard his version and decided he didn't need to also mentions Mark Mothersbaugh saying he out-Devoed Devo.

>Mark Knopfler wanted to play on his Money for Nothing parody but heard his version and decided he didn't need to
Mark Knopfler does play on the parody, though.

He came to my shitty hometown in 2011 and that was my first concert

>no ragrets