He made Pink Floyd a good band. Initially Pink Floyd was like a diamond in the rough...

He made Pink Floyd a good band. Initially Pink Floyd was like a diamond in the rough. They had good ideas but it wasn't polished. Under Waters' direction, Pink Floyd was able to become an amazing band.

no you didiot. it took all of them

roger waters solo albums? shit
gilmours solo albums? shit
idk if mason or wright made solo albums but I guarantee they'd be shit
barret? painted himself into the corner of a room and stayed there for days.

please no replies just let this thread die alongside with OP

Rick Wright's Broken China is actually really good.

as a big pink floyd fan I can honestly say I've never heard of it so it must be shit

Rog nearly ruined the band after that bullshit with the wall
The best album is either Piper or Ummagumma and the best songs from both of those are barrett's

I think you're neglecting the fact that Waters took leadership of the band. I don't think his solo work defines how good he is.

Bah!

Animals is their best album. Waters on full tilt. When he left he took all the band's edge with him.

>Ummagumma
>barrett songs
There are no original songs by barrett on ummagumma dumbass, unless you are talking about astronomy domine on the live portion, which is not nearly as good as the three other songs.

Barrett helped with some of saucerful of secrets
he got his own song on it so its not unreasonable to assume he helped on the others

not big enough apparently. If you've never heard of it, that's your fault for not looking into it deep enough.

Barrett was a basket case. I don't think Rog is any better but if Syd stayed with the band it would've died extremely fast.

Yes but the post I replied to specified that the songs were barretts, like I'm sure roger waters helped out on bike, but by no means is that a waters song

Since we're all here, opinions on The Division Bell?

Growing up is accepting that their Piper is their best

>Pink Floyd

Who?

It's their third comfiest album, behind AHM and Meddle. I kinda wish they released the second disc when Division Bell came out.

he played on three songs
the rest is Gilmour

Bump

>Never heard of it
>Must be bad

What kind of world do you live in?

I'm a fan of The Division Bell. I actually think it's one of their best "mainstream" albums.