Nujabes

Thoughts on Nujabes? Reactions usually seem to be heavily positive or negative, nowhere in between.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hgXxDFvfdhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's good. I like Modal Soul and his Samurai Champloo stuff. I haven't heard anything else though.

I would say that a lot of the negative response is due to how much of an inspiration he is on soundcloud producers, which tend to be huge in quantity, but short on quality.

I love Nujabes and his work, Modal Soul is my personal favorite of his. Modal Soul is where everything worked well, the beats were just that right combination of chill but engaging. I think the first half of the album is the best, but the second half has some great tracks on it too.

I really want to buy the Hexology, that'd be pretty tight to own.

Love Nujabes, he made some of my favourite music

meh

He's literally the Japanese Dilla. They were born the same day and year and both died the same month of their birthday.

He was great.

It's just okay. You have to be in the mood for it, but when you are it's pretty cool. I like the variatio and unique sounds he made, even if they all don't work.

But all those colabs rapping about how gangtsa they are can fuck off any time. It seriously breaks the otherwise peaceful, calm, tranquil sort of feeling the music provides. I like the asian rapper though, and the ones where they aren't rapping about themselves or their boring love song, are all at least passable, but seriously, get the nigger shit out.

He's really good as far as hip hop goes. I dig his style - an interesting blend of cool, urban jazz and meditative, free flowing music of his native Japan. Not always into the lyrics, though I tend not to be particularly impressed by lyrical content in a vast majority of hip hop anyway. Some of the guests are consistently good though.

He's good, but had he not landed a Western received animu series and/or died he'd been forgotten - or never known.

Not to say there wasn't talent. Just a very lukewarm/unimpressiveness about his tunes.

I think the show's inspired emotions fueled his music's interpretation - and then plebs will eat up whatever.

His level of quality is dime a dozen on scloud and pootube.

listen to Uyama Hiroto, DJ Okawari, and Nomak.

>all those colabs rapping about how gangtsa they are can fuck off any time
When did Sup Forums stop loving the blacks? Or is it because Nujabes is hip-hop for people who don't like hip-hop? Because I'm here too and I generally don't like hip-hop either.

I think we still love the blacks.

It's just the ones that are from Brentwood driving a Mercedes pretending to be gangster because grandaddy sucked gang dick that's the prob.

I like some of his music. Have to be in the mood for it like that on dude said. I get bored of the same loops for 4 minutes though which is why I gravitate towards modern improvised music.

I liked Nujabes when I first started getting into jazz. Then I forgot about his stuff for a long time. Came back after I had delved way deeper into jazz and found his music really boring.

yeah, pretty much.

this is prob my fav song of the 2000s desu

youtube.com/watch?v=hgXxDFvfdhM

so damn beautiful

it is. too bad it stays stagnant for 5 minutes. I really appreciate the timbres he brings out, lush paddy/patchy distorted piano sounds. wish he would have done something with it. possibly where I come in I guess.

cise star is literally his only good collab
people either like his stuff because it's good or hate it because they wanna be contrarian

He's good but far too many of his songs have shitty rapping over them.

what is his super popular piano song? Please.

feather?

thanks

the comment section on his videos are full of funny pleb posts, will quote some

Its weird but I really cant keep listening to his stuff because its so deep? Every aspect of his music is stunning and touches my heart, but I cant keep listening to it because its deepness makes me uncomfortable. I cant explain it lol

I started listening to Nujabes not long ago, yet when I discovered he was no longer with us, I felt like crying. How is that possible?

All of Nujabes songs hit your soul. Its so hard to explain his music was made from the spirit i suppose so it speaks through ours. The end makes me cry, but with joy not sadness. I imagine everyone around the world holding hands and singing along, because all i feel is peace when i hear it.
/I shed a few tears after reading your comment. Peace and Joy unspeakable unto you.

Nujabes isn't dead my friends, all we gotta do is Press Play

I can't digest his cheesy jazzy sound. Couple of ok songs I liked when I was a kid, but can't stand him now.

Modal Soul is great, rest is just pretty good

Makes me cum. More relaxing music, Sup Forums!

Would be great if he had stuck to instrumentals. The rapping in pretty much all of his songs pisses me off to no end. Especially shing02. The kid has a very annoying voice.
Seems rapping is a poor substitute for structure in hip-hop anyway.

it's REALLY bad desu

does that make him the j-j dilla

this

Dig his shit

His shit is literally elevator music with a drum beat.

DJ Krush is infinitely a more superior and talented producer.