God damn, I wasn't expecting this movie to actually be fucking sweet...

God damn, I wasn't expecting this movie to actually be fucking sweet. I thought it was going to be totally gay at first but I was wrong.

I had more fun watching this movie than any summer super hero movie. I never played the game before but now I want to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ePGvdc2--E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the game

Which one?

deleted it 25 minutes in

Everyone kept hyping it up to be too complicated for normies and how you'd have to play the games to understand it. As someone who's Warcraft knowledge is "orcs fighting humans something something dragons" I understood it just fine. I could sort of tell there were things I didn't get (when wizard dude turned into a demon like half the theater gasped) but the movie explained more than enough for me to follow the plot.

Overall enjoyed it, kinda wish Goldan got dick-punched but I assume that's for the sequels.

I wish I watched it with a good audience. Mine just watched without a peep. Hearing people get hyped during certain scenes is part of what makes the movie theatre experience golden.

Will you like this movie if you never played the games?

If I saw this with a family member: would they hate it and find it too confusing?

no, and no

it's pretty accessible, critics are just retarded

were you high as fuck watching it?

thats the only way i'll watch it

I would be embarrassed to take other to it, but I enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure.

I legitimately got excited hearing that horde music in the opening credits and giggled a few times during shitty little details like the murloc.

Ive never played the games but I enjoyed it just fine. To me it was like watching those cheesy under-budget SciFi television shorts. A few of the scenes had hilarious cringey acting like when the king and the dude are arguing while making battle plans. It was good fun. I will watch it again, but only if I have a nice supply of alcohol.

thank u all 4 posting ur genuine opinions
this thread is super verisimilitudinous
thank u again

The first one.

watched it with my dad today.
I have played wow for years and he came in with 0 knowledge

we both fucking hated it.
the acting was shit
the story was full of plot holes and "WHY?" moments

This movie sucked cock and I feel like everyone who liked it is just doing it for one big meme.

The love story was poorly done
the father/son story was not very dramatic and seemed contrived

there were 0 good actors and the comedy was so slapstick i felt like I was watching the 3 stooges.

>"Hold up! Durotan is dead?! Dead dead? Shiet dis movie real as fuck!"
Unless you're watching a 10/10 movie, people getting hype/scared easily makes any mid tier movie ticket worth the money.

It was bad but I somehow liked it still. There's a good movie here, they just didn't fully realize it.

>rewrite literally all human scenes
>recast better actors, holy fuck
>who edited this shit? get a better editor

Movie could've been actual gold if they had done this.

>get a charismatic actor to play Kadgar
>just make him Medivh's assistant like he was in the lore
>Medivh's actor was fine but he needed better dialogue
>replace Llane with a big name actor that can give gravitas to the role
>get rid of Lothar's son he was a waste of time

Yeah, human side needed a lot of work

lol are you me?

can you even play this game anymore?

I hear it is rare and all copies are non existent. Did they ever digitalize it?

>10m opening
>shills acting like millions of people saw it

hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA

>plot holes

as far as problems this wasn't really one of them in my opinion, care to elaborate?

It's glaringly obvious that a lot of the film was cut, it really hurts it overall. It desperately needs that 30-40 minutes that's missing.

Fuck off retarded shill

I was surprised.
It started off really badly, with lots of editing issues and lame acting, but it slightly got better near the end

orc story was much better than humans. main character was lame.
also why isnt the golem something closer to a fel elemental? wouldve been better

it sounds like you and your dad may be retards, desu senpai

In the game lore the wizard was born with demon magic in him so the demon was influencing his entire life.

>also why isnt the golem something closer to a fel elemental?
Why isn't it the fucking Curator

The one you just lost.

yeah or that really

Is there any news on what parts were cut?

ugh

I feel the curator would probably look just as goofy as the golem.

rekt

Grom had dialogue, I know that much

It was foreshadowing peppered with light fanservice.

It was orc shaped to show that Medivh knew about them before any of the other humans, and when it touched the fel pool it started to turn into an infernal.

>also why isnt the golem something closer to a fel elemental? wouldve been better
I was expecting it to turn into an infernal

So any luck with a sequel?
Honestly they can really develop the stories and the sequels could be much better.

10m domestic but almost 300m overseas already.

What could they make into a sequel? I'm guessing itll be straight up orcs vs humans. neltharion? onyxia? dragons. not sure what else comes after this lore wise

>Medivh is Garona's father
just fuck my lore up

It was two movies in one. The humans discovering that orcs were invading their land had no impact because the viewer already knew from the beginning. Somebody wrote this shit.

Going off of memory
>THEYRE BEASTS
>Grom dialogue
>Original Gul'dan speech
>more Stormwind footage
>zoom-in shot of Azeroth
>that shot of orcs running in snow (possibly in Dun Morogh)
I bet theres a few more I'm missing.

I think it was meant to be a proto-infernal.

The clay was still wet from being worked on, which is why it could be sliced. Had Medivh burnt and glazed it it would've been hard as stone.

>What could they make into a sequel? I'm guessing itll be straight up orcs vs humans.
it should have been straight up orcs and humans for this movie.

In warcraft 2 doomhammer leads the horde but ends up having to destroy his army to stop guldan from doing demon shit. The humans end up invading the orc homeworld and then it blows up. In warcraft 3 prince arthas becomes the lich king.

a weak peace has been established but the Gul'dan starts shit up again and open war is on its way untless the cast band together to stop him

throw in some Fel shit, Lothar and Garona will they won't they and the orc child becoming that Orc Shaman who's name escapes me and there is the second movie

i think that was just implied

My theatre exploded at the polymorph joke and the murloc cameo

None of the characters had anything remotely resembling depth or personality, all of the humans massively under-acted and barely expressed any emotion at any of the events that happened - I'd say it was a result of acting opposite CGI creatures, but they did it with regular actors too. Action was terrible, zero weight, dramatic or physical, to any of the violence, god awful choreography, total inability to disguise the fact the humans were being yanked around and puppeted by CGI when they were supposed to be pulling some acrobatic shit over an orc. Like, how many scenes of orcs punching humans do we need to see? The final fight between Blackhand and Lothar is shown literally in its entirety in the trailer, lol. Like, how many scenes of orcs punching humans do we need to see? Oh, and fuck all explained about the lore. Total dogshit.

I think Draka flying through the air and impaling herself on a sword so she can bite an orc's neck, instead of just not fucking doing that and running away, or fighting him in a way that isn't completely suicidal, was a big one for me. The death was a plot contrivance, not something that actually made sense since she was being chased by a grand total of one orc. Also, if you didn't know the lore, Medivh's betrayal makes fuck all sense.

Lore-wise Stormwind is supposed to be overrun and burned to the ground, with the survivors sailing across to the northern continent to the other human lands. there they create the Alliance. When the Elves find out the Trolls joined the Horde, they join the alliance too.

Meanwhile, the orcs chase them, and recruit the Trolls and goblins into the Horde. They try to take out the Alliance but fail.

Also there's a subplot where Gul'Dan is trying to open the tomb of a demon to get absolute power or whatever.

I slept through some parts and snored

heavily.

It looks like the sequel could possibly be a mix of Stormwind being lost and the second war kicking off. They could probably write a third movie using the end of warcraft 2 and beyond the dark portal. That would be a sufficient bookend for that era of the story.

I wish there'd been more Draka. I wish Draka and Durotan had actually survived, considering that movie ends without resolving the issue of Gul'dan's Horde still being there. Orgrim and Grommash are still alive, and it leaves the story in a very awkward place, as all of the big Orc names play off of each other.

Really, if Gul'dan was going to disrespect all of the Orcish traditions, why would he care about Garona becoming the new Warchief? It made him caring about Lothar winning mak'gora stupid too.

Sorry about your dad

i completely forgot grommash was in this movie. He doesnt have a big role but he appears a few times

Okay, I just got back from it. Where was the murloc cameo?

beginning when they ride to goldshire

>Garona becoming the new Warchief?
is this true? what the fuck

oh shit btfo

no, guldan leaves probably to make another horde and im pretty sure Orgrim leads the rest

I missed it too

maybe not war chief but she now has a high spot in the Horde's pecking order for killing the king

thank fuck, some changes I can allow for a movie adpation but forcing le women are stronk like that would have upset me

>yfw they release a second movie only in china

Oh, I thought she'd been made Warchief by the reaction she got from the other Orcs and the way Gul'dan seemed kind of worried by the way they were suddenly exalting her

Where are they going to get more Orcs to split up like that? I guess Gul'dan can reopen the portal, and there they can introduce Ner'zhul, and really start to play up the Fel Orcs so they can go on to sack Stormwind. Maybe they can introduce Ner'zhul as well if he reopens the portal.

no way in shit a half breed gets to be warchief

she'll be made a champion or chieftan, definitely someone who counsels and advises the Horde, she has too much intel on the Alliance to just outright disregard

Why the hell would they go through the trouble of making a movie and then only release it in China?

They'd release it here too, they just won't bother with advertising.

that footman in the bottom right really triggers me

>directed by christopher nolan

youtube.com/watch?v=7ePGvdc2--E
1:29
Why did they cut out this version of his speech? It flat out explains the whole premise of Gul'dan's plan and it's just plain great.

Because they don't need to release it outside of china.

He's the ork that cuts off Blackhand's hand, right?

when guldan ordered blackhand to put his hand in the fel? That was durotan I think

Show don't tell, I assume.
We know by the Draenei getting fucked that Gul'dan needs souls to power the portal, so it makes sense when the soldiers who escape say that the orcs took nearly everyone alive.

I don't know the lore and all I got was that the fel corrupted him over the years as he tried to protect Azeroth from it.

Medivh was possessed by a Fel Lord, hence the transformation before he gets golem dropped.

I'm saying his betrayal makes enough sense given what the movie seemed to be saying.

Horde honor duels were fucking awesome

The Gul'Dan vs Durotan made up for the boring human plot (aside from medivh becoming posessed). The music during that scene was similar to when Anakin becomes Vader and the visuals were akin to Leonidas' death in 300.

They should of showed more details

like actually seeing more of the murlocs instead of just hearing the sound

seeing some sort of night elf too
some sound effects used by the games would of been good too

maybe a peon saying stop poking me or something

>robbed of glorious orgrim vs blackhand mak'gora because "for duh allience11!!!11!" moment
How could you fuck up so badly

Bro Night Elves don't even show up till WC3 because they're busy doing fuck all in Kalimdor.

Fine
they showed ironforge
they should of shown some gnomes too since theres a portal there at the very least

I know gnomes only appear till WC2 as engineers and the sort in ships and whatnot (explosives too )

Not that guy but agreed. For a placeholder explanation it works fine that he was supposedly corrupted by fel magic over time. (even though if i remember correctly he's possessed by Sargeras and has been his entire life because he was controlling Medivhs mother (the lady inside the cube) when she was pregnant with medivh). If they actually let the audience know it was Sargeras that was controlling medivh the only reaction they'd have would be "who?"

Also was it just me or were they trying to say in the movie that was medivh was actually Garonas father. (which could work because he travelled to the orc world and met gul'dan and started setting things into motion and it'd explain why she's green in the movie (because of the fel magic inside of him). I'm unsure because when he's talking to Garona he seems to be telling her about it and then she says something but I didn't hear clearly and i'm not sure if she says "you left me?" or "he loved me?"

At least if that's what they were going for it makes sense that she looks so human in the movie instead of half orc half draenei.

More fanservice, you mean.

>a dwarf gives him a gun
>not a gnome

I know it's autistic but that annoyed me.

Tell the polymorph joke pls

Khadgar polymorphs a guard and tells Lothar "it only lasts about a minute"

Not him but I don't get it.

She says, "You left your mate?" In an earlier conversation (I think with the humans but could be wrong) she mentions that her father left thus the significance.

It's not even a ""joke"", it's literally just a reference to the spell Polymorph in WoW, which lasts a minute.
Cringe as all fuck.

When you polymorph something in WoW, it lasts for 60 seconds

Ok. So the question is. Considering in the original timeline they fucked and she has a son (obviously this happened offscreen) things got kind of fucking weird now.

Lol as an ex-Mage I appreciate the reference.

Garona and Medivh have a kid in the original games? Yeah things are definitely weirder now.

>Lol as an ex-Mage

This movie is going to do wonders for autism research.

You forgot to clarify that its only in PvE, scrub. Technically it was PvP so its all wrong. My guildies and I cringed.

You can't become an ex-faggot, faggot.

I know you're joking but that's almost a compliment since we'd have to be a special kind of autistic to produce any sufficient amount of research.

Holy shit.
Consider suicide, my man.

I hope the 40 minutes that were cut are mostly Gul'dan parts.

He NEEDED more screen time.
Fuck, he was the best thing about the movie.

Every scene with him was awesome.

To be fair, it's referencing Warcraft polymorph and not WoW polymorph.