priceonomics.com/post/46618070248/the-price-of-wine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

beer snobs are worse than music snobs imo

>drinking anything other than steel reserve
fucking normies

beer is for people who don't have the palate to drink wine

god millennials are such a meme

i bet gen z is going to be cooler than us

it'd take a fucking miracle for gen z to turn out better than this. something bibilical would have to happen

what's the most patrician beer

Wait, what about any of this is bad? Is it just the fact that pitchfork did it?

Leffe
idiot

???????

>drinking alcohol EVER
fucking IDIOTS

Why the fuck have people started hating on craft beers in the past ~year? I have literally never met a 'beer snob,' just a lot of people with favorite local beers but who will still drink a miller lite if you hand them one.

>I have literally never met a 'beer snob,'
youre a fucking child shut the FUCK up

beer snobs are really only an american thing
it's their insecurity at having no culture of their own showing again

there is nothing more millennial than whining about millennials

also I'm honestly not sure how you guys didn't see this shit coming for years.

>tfw finally escaped the life of chugging 4 steel reserves a night

feels good but I feel myself slipping back everytime I pass a 7/11

what's your fucking deal

>beer snobs are really only an american thing
Then why do I see Euros in literally every fucking beer-related discussion claiming their beer is superior.

We already are :^)

You guys are kind of granpas now.

because americans are so damn b8able, duh

it's just that typically the beer you buy at any corner store/gas station in america is basically mass produced water with high alcohol content that gets you shit faced. or you can spend more and get some hipster portland craft brew which is pointless imo because im not drinking it for the taste like some sort of connoisseur, im drinking it so i can forget who i am and not want to kill myself

>5 screens
dear god how horrifying
i can't even look at my fucking phone and desktop at the same time

>because im not drinking it for the taste like some sort of connoisseur, im drinking it so i can forget who i am and not want to kill myself
I don't get this meme, beer tastes good and getting shitfaced sucks, why would you do the opposite?

fpbp

If tumblr doesn't turn all of us into unironic revolutionary Marxists by the end of the decade I think we'll turn out fine.

t. gen z

>getting shitfaced sucks
I wish

Beer hits more taste notes and is more diverse.

Also "wine quality" has been consistently debunked - wine is wine whether it's boxed or $300. Outside of organic versus non there is no quality determinate.

all alcohol is a meme

>Beer hits more taste notes and is more diverse.
>Outside of organic versus non there is no quality determinate
lmao you actually believe that. it's like you're trying to be the embodiment of tastelessness

Brochet wine tasting study. Go have fun, killer.

are they going to move all their shitty plaid shirt bearded white bread indie rawk reviews over there?

sciencesnopes.blogspot.nl/2013/05/about-that-wine-experiment.html

oopsie :)

Whoops, that was the color test and not the good one. I'll have to find the study. Still..

>These results are not aberrations. A 2008 paper in The Journal of Wine Economics found that when consumers are unaware of a wine’s price, they “on average enjoy more expensive wines slightly less [than cheap ones].” Experts do not fare much better. The study could not conclude that experts preferred nicer wine: “In sum, we find a non-negative relationship between price and overall rating for experts. Due to the poor statistical significance of the price coefficient for experts, it remains an open question whether this coefficient is in fact positive.” Further academic evidence strongly suggests that experts cannot identify “good” wine.

priceonomics.com/post/46618070248/the-price-of-wine

Oopsie. :^]

this only addresses price tags, which is really mostly irrelevant to gastronomy, unless you're a status and wealth-obsessed nouveau riche.

money doesn't buy taste, sweetheart.

Beer raises in taste factors per price and is detectable.

Wine isn't.

The origin of our disagreement - and where you were proven wrong.

>drinking anything other then miller high life, budweiser or malt liquor

fucking faggots

Who give a shit?