I have a craving for Vampire TV shows

I have a craving for Vampire TV shows.

What can you recommend.
I've tried almost a season of Vampire Diaries, but that's a high school girl's show.
Only redeeming part of it is Damon's antics, which actually may keep me watching for now.
But apart from that it's very juvenile and badly written.
I've heard of True Blood.
How does that compare?
Is it good? Are the characters interesting? Is there a Damon equivalent, meaning a fun character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EdIMx_1OEww
youtube.com/watch?v=yPhIEG3JYtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buffy TVS

18+

Also True Blood is far superior to Vampire Diaries imo not so "teen"

True Blood is one of the most shamelessly trashy shows I've ever seen. I got sick of it after a few seasons but until then it was fun.

DUDE SEXY VAMPIRES LMAO

TVD gets better when Klaus arrives in season 2.

Everyone's already watched that like at least 3 times

You'd be surprised

Zombies are superior, famalam.

>its a spike steals buffys panties episode

There are no Zombie shows on right now.

Except for The Walking Dead, which is one of the worst shows of all time of any type.

Spike is the Damon of the show.

Meaning the funnest part of it.

True Blood should be immediately placed in the trash can where it belongs.

Buffy is your only real prospect to be honest with you family.

Agreed that TWD is dragging its feet along like one of its own titular cast but there are other zombie shows on right now. Couldn't get past the first few eps but there are those kinds of weirdoes out there who like Z-Nation. Then there's the one with an actual budget, is well written, has a great cast, and run by a guy with a track record of comfy shows.

Forever Knight is about as close as you'll get to a good vampire show.

Blade: the Series was okay, I guess.
True Blood is just the r-rated version of Vampire Diaries.
Buffy was fun for the most part, but it's also a teen show.
The Strain is ridiculous garbage.

z-nation is fucking sweet, season 1 is pretty good, and the main history is great, season 2 is a wtf just happened hit or miss

Being Human was pretty good.

Moonlight was pretty oki doki, only got one season though, I think it could have gotten great.
The main Vampire is a p.i

Moonlight was shit. Typical girl fapbait.
-Love triangle
-Older daddy figure
-who's dangerous
-cheats on her fiance for "true love"
The best part of it was Shannyn Sossamon as this seductive evil vampiress.
Jason Dohring from Veronica Mars felt so out of place, too.
And the P.I. didn't do enough to hide his identity, ensure his safety from his past. I didn't like that.

watch the originals.yes true blood is all about debauchery

was not that about a ghost roommate?

Watch The Originals.

Its a spinoff of vampire diaries but for adults and it's fucking amazing. The two shows sometimes intersect but not much. You can skip vamp diaries completely.

What about Vampire the Masquerade.
I heard there was a TV show way back when set in the universe, but was terrible and got cancelled right away.
Was there anything else similar to that universe?

I liked the show but there was almost 0 vamparing in it. scholar who walks the night was better in that respect
sounds like witches of east end

>I've tried almost a season of Vampire Diaries, but that's a high school girl's show
Every vampire show and movie is for teen girls now.

it was called "Kindred: The Embraced" and the universe is called world of darkness

this
I hate this term but the "So bad it's good" rule definitely applies here. The whole first season I was screaming at the show but at the end of the day I had a smile on my face. It's a weird blend of unabashed redneck show coupled with a ridiculous blatant comparison of sjw shit to vampires it's fucking funny. I can't believe that it wasn't written that way mockingly.

Other than that your main option is Buffy. But Buffy is pretty juvenile as well, it was very popular with teens and young adults in the 90's.

I know the universe is WoD.
I was asking more about any shows that might have a similar universe (more in terms of the vampire society and structure).
Yes, Kindred is the one I was thinking of.
That was still pretty far from WoD that it was supposed to be set in, wasn't it?

>I've tried almost a season of Vampire Diaries
the first season is hilarious, the show gets better in the middle and turns to shit around season 7 or 9. even when its good its usually "so bad its good" + there are some characters that may turn into your favorites

>That was still pretty far from WoD that it was supposed to be set in, wasn't it?
I have never seen it.

Only one that was good is Damon, and he was literally the best of all time.

You have brain problems since you'd willingly stomach an entire tv series that's ironically shit. Sounds like you just don't want to admit that you think the show is good to me, no idiot could watch the length of an entire TV show ironically.

I recommend Teen wolf. Werewolves are superior

Just have some patience for season 5. The episodes move slower than an old lady racing a turtle.

Other than that the series has been top tier so far

I managed to watch four or five seasons of True Blood until one day I started reminiscing about how much better it used to be, then I realized that it was actually never good. It was more just that the first season was fun in a trashy way, but subsequent seasons really honed in on their core demographics' desires. Unfortunately, I'm not under 16, gay or a housewife.

youtube.com/watch?v=EdIMx_1OEww

It's about a werewolf, a vampire, and a ghost sharing a house in Boston (England depending on which version you watch) and attempting to live normal lives despite there condition (addicted to blood, turn into a wolf and eat your own shit, etc)

>my version is more valid
seriously fuck off with that shit.no one wants Nosferatu generic monsters. sexuality is a big aspect of vampires

Sexuality is, but romance isn't. I would agree with you more if vampire romance wasn't always high school drama bullshit.

Best Vampires are the ones from World of Darkness.
They are literally unable to "love".

that is always garbage. making races that can't feel X emotions or only feel 1 is usually a cheap way to justify them all being assholes(like in buffy).
Sexuality need not always be predatory. you can have tragic vampires that want to vicariously live through their pets or those that try to mask the cost of immortality by covering it with material possessions(kind of like an old man wining over a young girl with all the stuff and knowledge he has while try to cover that he gets flatulence and other oldfag shit) occasionally that can be a legit romance, maybe not the "one true love" kind but its not true that a human would not have anything to offer.

What are you talking about?
Vampires in WoD can't love because they are dead creatures. That doesn't make them all "being assholes", instead it allows for very well written and interesting characters that are based on something more than just "love".
Unable to love does not mean unable to do anything.
This is where Buffy vampires were a let down. They were all instantly stupid and evil and only a couple had interesting characters (Spike et al.)
Also, see Toreador summary as a clan in Vampire the Masquerade and tell me that isn't a great way to handle vampire "emotions".

>Vampires in WoD can't love because they are dead creatures. That doesn't make them all "being assholes", instead it allows for very well written and interesting characters that are based on something more than just "love".
Im talking about how it is when its generally done. on a related note anne rice vampires can't get a boner so that too has lead to new sensuality but it most cases it is like buffy and any beings that are inherently good or evil are usually boring. andromeda had rev bem trying to raise his kids different and they still ended up monsters, the struggle was interesting but most of the time we don't get the struggle and usually its not even good

God this image offends me and makes me feel very unsafe. As usual, no one considers what women experience when it comes to visual marketing, as both images here show a woman being controlled by men against her will, looking very uncomfortable.

This is the same as the XMen poster that we fought to have Fox remove.

>(you)

Was vampires the worst tv fad ever? People complain about superhero shows but vampires are 10x worst.

2 men and a woman..... kike cuckold conspiracy nutjob mode kicking in REEEEEEEEE

I want alexander skaraarsgard to piss in my ass

With that glorious uncut Swedish cock

>implying Swedish feminist police does not require every single male in the country to cut 1/3 of their dick off, going much further than the foreskin.

Come on user, why are you provoking the truth?

That entire episode was glorious especially when they first got there.

chicks don't like foreskin anyways

They still like you having your penis.

Is Interview With The Vampire truly the only vampirekino?

No it's that one with the rocker vampire who dresses like it's the parade.

Only Lovers Left Alive is the best vampire movie

>Shannyn Sossamon as this seductive evil vampiress

Vampire shows are prime time soaps

Girls have soaps in the morning, Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil in the afternoons and more soaps in the evening

If you're a "male" and watch these vampire programs you need to check your estrogen levels

>Fact: women love vampires

I'm watching True Blood again just for this Blond vampfu MILF.

TVD gets good around season 2. Damon is a badass

>Ching chang chong

>U rieky de brood?!?!

The Originals is "alright" if you can stomach Klaus's faggotry. Z-Nation, iZombie (SERIOUS waifu bait), season 1-4 or so of Supernatural are pretty goat.

Forever Knight
is vampire TV Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=yPhIEG3JYtg

>stomach Klaus's faggotry
I stopped watching this because of that retard also cucked Elijah.

True blood goes to shit after season 2

Kindred was a good show but yea it got cancelled after one season i think

The Gates (Rhona Mitra) was off to a nice start, but it got axed.

Forgot about that one, yea could have been fun to see where they were going with it. Rhona is always super hot, get her in a hbo nude show stat.

Remembered another, for you dracula, I only watched 2 episodes, o yea. But if you got a vapire craving... Got axed.