Holy fuck did people talk like this at any point in history...

holy fuck did people talk like this at any point in history? is this hollywood bullshit because it's infuriating to listen to and I doubt it's realistic at all

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/02/how-robert-eggers-researched-the-witch.html
docs.google.com/forms/d/1t9cxzrjAE8uTTYCpko_BugNhGeGv9OWlDLZJN3TF2IA/alreadyresponded
wnd.com/2016/03/heinrich-himmlers-stash-of-witchcraft-books-discovered/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>redditor education

Yes, there's a reason Linguistics is a study unto itself, you fucking troglodyte.

The director spent a fuckton of time in museums to make sure it was accurate.

vulture.com/2016/02/how-robert-eggers-researched-the-witch.html

You're a literal fucking faggot.

if only there were pieces of literature from the period to read and find out....

This must be bait.

i wonder what it's like to be legitimately retarded

honestly though it is like nails on a chalkboard listening to that formal talk imo

Wouldst thou like the taste of bait and foot fetish threads?

THE REAL QUESTION IS WHY IS THE FUCCING "H" SO THICC MMMM

>formal
You're even dumber than the OP

holy fuck OP is an idiot

>Pretending to be retarded
What a classic ruse. You must be a really old fag.

docs.google.com/forms/d/1t9cxzrjAE8uTTYCpko_BugNhGeGv9OWlDLZJN3TF2IA/alreadyresponded

>fuccing
>thicc
cringe

Just finished watching this. Hella f*ckin epic :)

What did the SS mean by this?

wnd.com/2016/03/heinrich-himmlers-stash-of-witchcraft-books-discovered/

WTF i love pagan witchcraft now

>le pretending to be retarded meme
You're fooling no one

>Her family’s puritanical beliefs oppressed and marginalized Thomasin. They were prepared to sell her to another family partly due to disdain after Samuel’s disappearance but also because they implicitly distrusted her sexuality. By virtue of her gender and age, Thomasin was growing into a pretty young woman whose desirous appeal was even distracting the young, lonely, and repressed Caleb. This made her a burden to her parents and something to be wary of having in a plain, Christian household.
>But upon taking the Devil to her proverbial bed, Thomasin is allowed to feel free and be accepted in the kinship of other equally liberated women in the woods. The magic with which her new master lifts her up—apparently causing wild physical pleasure and ecstasy to all the women present—is a form of acceptance she did not have at home.

What did he mean by this?

>The culture that bred her to be meek, subservient, and imminently guilty due to her sex pushed her to be that what they feared most: feminine and dangerous. Thus our 21st century understanding of the medieval and early modern fears about witchcraft (strong women) greater informs this nightmarish fever dream taken from the most hideously perverse Puritan superstitions (...)

DUDE feminism lmao

That's literally true though

I don't think you even understand what image means, you really are stupid

Germans were autists during WW2.

She sold her soul to te devil after the devil manupilated them all into killing themselves and making sure she doesn't have anything left.

Written language isn't the same as spoken language. The spoken language in the Witch was exaggerated.

LOL i fucking knew the shitlibs over at tvturdtropes would be also bitching about le ebul opressive society opressing da liberated wymmins too in their article on this flick

only himmler was into occult shit.

Tell me about judeo-christians puritans, why didn't they eat butter?

How do you know that?