Japan will invest $150 billion into US economy

>Japan will invest $150 billion into US economy
>Plans to use it to build American highspeed rail/infrastructure with jap technology
>Using their own money coming from public/private debt
>Japan literally subsidizing american infrastructure

what's their end goal here? does trump just get a free deal for bullet trains?

reuters.com/article/usa-trump-japan-idUSL4N1FO1Y7

Other urls found in this thread:

ctvnews.ca/world/trump-calls-for-negotiations-on-nafta-as-soon-as-may-1.3268486
inverse.com/article/26976-donald-trump-dallas-houston-line-texas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They want the bwc to fix their population issue

if anything shinzo abe wants to kick out more filthy gaijin and remilitarize.

Japan is copying China's strategy here after seeing Trump praise Jack Ma, and alleviate some pressure off China proper, for his plans to create a million jobs for US workers

They're just trying to appease the giant with bigger and bigger sacrificial lambs and favours

Maybe he wants to suck Trump orange cheeto so they don't leave TPP

What the fuck?

They have to.
Japan is a currency manipulator. They're sucking up to him before they get in big trouble. Abe took office and the yen was significantly stronger, the government intentionally devalued it so the dollar was stronger, where we sit today to give japan an economic advantage in trade. They can't get on bad terms with us, they have always been our bitch post WWII and always will be

>japan is a currency manipulator
>doesn't understand what currency manipulation is

Nope if anything they are making sure he doesn't go full retardo and torpedo himself and the world with tariffs. trump's team called the fucking eurozone currency manipulators and unfairly denying US exports when this not the case.

The question is if that may work with Trump or he will demand more to keep "fair busines" with japs.

eh trump is a shit negotiator IRL i doubt he'd reject it since he can easily just mount a massive PR campaign talking about bringing back 600k jobs.

This is so stupid. It's literally riding the tiger and hoping not to end up in its mouth.

>invest
free

Japan also needs big projects to tell khow-how to young engineers

>mfw japan not making animation studios in Mexico
>mfw no mexican animu waifus

>currency manipulator
how can you stop inflation targeting?

Why would you reward somebody who insulted you?

>100 years ago americans did build railroads in japan
>100 years later japs are building railroads in america
hmmmmm
really makes you think

>50 years ago germany destroyed poland
>50 years later germany is rebuilding poland

yeah it does.

>what's their end goal

1981-89: to beat down Soviet
2017-25: to beat down China

Soviet had a relation with Cuba.
China began to have a relation with Mexico.

I really like when nations make seemingly confusing moves.

In this case it either means that Japan stands to gain in some way we can't see, or that Trump's "Fake it til you make it" strategy is working for him as president. Not sure which is more terrifying a prospect.

Does it?

The Jack Ma meeting was such bullshit. He's just pimped out Chinese amazon and Trump lost his shit thinking that would make jobs.

yeah trump is a shit negotiator. he's all talk but easily impressed and misled by convincing arguments that make him look good.

he cannot refuse a compliment or accept criticism.

It's to make the US reliant on Japanese technology and investments, resulting in profits later down the road.

reminds me, we're about to get fucked. full blown recession mode soon when NAFTA ends. i still laugh when some canadians are unironically trump supporters.

ctvnews.ca/world/trump-calls-for-negotiations-on-nafta-as-soon-as-may-1.3268486

That makes no sense considering that relationship began in the 60s and didn't benefit the Soviet Union that much after the missile crisis. Japan is creating a fuck awful policy of appeasement.

Everyone's starting to realize Trump's a little cuckoo for CoCo Puffs, they're just biding their time while preparing for when relations with the US become completely toxic and untenable.

Probably thought they had a few generations left until America stopped being the world's safety net and now that it's crashing the plane, everyone is trying to appease the pilot's ego for a while longer while scrambling to craft parachutes.

Those people are partisan hacks. I'm actually optimistic about the meeting since the only point of contention was Keystone which is going through and Trump only wants to humiliate Mexico.

What's wrong with Asians building the US railroads again ?
They'll certainly send a lot of Japanese to work in the US, and will get back some money by doing the maintenance.

And that's idiotic. It's trying to dig yourself out of quicksand by swimming through it.

Oh Abe is gonna learn why infrastructure is so hard to build up.

In America nowadays I mean.

these nonsense shits aint really the 1st time. remember how much money they sent chinkland and gookland via ODA. its literally made none of values for japan cuz theyve shunned showing all of that shit in public and hid it, and that theyve taught everyone to hate japan more than before.

>crashing the plane
With no survivors?

They built one of the fastest trains in a mountainous island prone to earthquakes, tsunamis and other shit happening frequently. Why would it be harder than when they built theirs ? Because of the American workforce instead of Japanese workers ?

I would assume that the main issue would simply be the sheer size of the project.
I'm assuming it's going to be from New York to LA or some shit like that.

Either way the chances of it coming by me are slim unfortunately.

Abebis trying to make up for TPP not going through. Between this and the Fukushima shit finally being publicly announced I hope Japan wakes up and votes the LDP out.
Building jobs and infrastructure in America is fine but not at the potential cost of your own people not to mention that this is a proposal before the meeting/resort in Florida in a week. If he's scrambling this much already Trump can clearly see he's desperate, he's gonna milk Japan dry and Abe will let it happen.

its multiple projects LAD. trump and team already wants a dallas-houston high speed rail using jap trains. shinzo abe wants to make even more, so high speed rails in northeast/northwest/texas/california between major cities.

trump may be a moron, but he's may be a moron who does good for the third-world american/canadian infrastructure.

inverse.com/article/26976-donald-trump-dallas-houston-line-texas

>japan gains prestige and more experience in building trains
>america gets... some infrastructure.
>japan now also owns a significant amount of money in future cross-US transport through railways
>every american ticket on these trains, 80% of the profit might go to the japanese company

these would most likely be owned by amtrak which is a US corporation. japs will likely just profit off maintenance/export/trade.

they are also planning on collaborating american AI with japanese robotics for some spooky shit.

This isn't like how the EU owns Britain's trains I imagine.

My first guess as well, proper remilitarization and possible sharing of military technology

Trump singling them out early was an excellent negotiation tactic/smokescreen

maybe it will be, the swamp is fileld to the brim with algae now
it's a 150 billion m8, abe's going to have to make sure it's an investment that'll return well.

Abe might just be selling Japan out due to seeing the writing on the wall though.

yeah its going to be recycled into japanese exports. america gets into high-tech train culture, while jap gets a new international market.

probably has something to do with north korea too. trump might go full mercenary mode.

absolutely pathetic desu

hopefully public perception of him drops and they return to their true masters

>invest
key word leaf. Japan is looking to generate more overseas income due to impending demographic (and tax) crisis

>investing in a man and country that has made clear that if it even feels cheated it will pull the rug out from under you
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes I guess. I thought Japan learned that in the 90s.

japan will supply CP into the white house, and then use it to blackmail the orange fellow

Hey how fucked is your country with TPP dead? I'm curious what people there thought about that.

Oh, fuck. 150 milliards it's a literally GDP of Ukraine. Fucking huge amount of money.

I'm chinese, we have deals with china

what do you think?

(I am unironically thinking about working in china for cybersecurity imho, either that or going into interpol for it)

What about the actual people from Singapore?

I am a citizen

Everyone else kind of goes with it, I've known indians that speak better chinese than me

>trump's team called the fucking eurozone currency manipulators
But that's correct

I'm surprised people didn't panic.

we have many other trade partners

I guess. The media hyped it up as a watershed moment for Singapore if it went through though.

people here sort of expected this from the americans

they are genuinely your less intellectually gifted brothers

The whole point of these proposals is that they would be ran and owned by JR.

Doesn't that contradict Donnie's sovereign protectionist rhetoric?

They've been talking about this for years, and that's been the plan. I doubt they'd change it for him, and I doubt he'd say no to literally free infrastructure (when it's not the chinese doing it, of course).

[Citation needed]

A few days ago I wouldn't have believed Australia being chewed out by the US. Yet here we are.

>free infastructure

Not how it works

True.

Care to elaborate?

Not him but one would assume Abe wants something in return. There's no way he'd for this just for lower tariffs on Japanese exports.
I mean you'd hope he wouldn't atleast.

I'm assuming he still intends to do the original plan. Trump hasn't seen it yet.

What's the original plan though? This is just a proposal which is why it's so ludicrous when you think about it.

colonization. if you own foreign infrastructure, you gonna get monies for a looooong time.

The original plan was to build it, but own it, so that they can keep the profits. Even if they don't get enough in revenue to pay for the original cost of construction, they more than make up for that by increasing the competitiveness of JRTT for high-profile international projects, and more importantly, assuring that even if the US goes full isolationist, Japan would get their continued support, not just now (for being buddy buddy with Trump) but later (for owning infrastructure we rely on)

we are technically 51th state.
all hail trump BANZAI

If they can do better than California at building a bullet train let them do it. Even if the nips profit off it in the long run.

>americans
>white

The GPIF will purchase debt issued by American corporations to finance infrastructure projects. Up to 5% of the roughly 130 trillion yen ($1.14 trillion) in assets controlled by the megafund can go toward overseas infrastructure projects. Currently, only tens of billions of yen are invested in that asset class, leaving room for expansion. Long-term financing for high-speed rail projects in Texas and California would be provided through such avenues as the Japan Bank for International Cooperation.

Sounds like a decent plan to me.

Abe plz go

I want to destroy all trains.

Thanks for the help, Japan.

Behind every retarded post there is a fucking leaf

nipponese girls belong to bbc

MAGA

so... japan is a cuck country now?

Considering Abe is this desperate cause the TPP fell through, yes.