Let me get this straight - at the end there was an actual baby floating in space?

Let me get this straight - at the end there was an actual baby floating in space?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZxNbtb8tDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You saw the movie right? You get what happens when somebody touches the monolith right?

and the baby was like "IM SELLIN WEED, NIGGA"

What even is space? really makes you think.

kek all the pretentious nonsense that comes along with people that like this movie. It was considered a boring drab of a movie when it was released, but hipster fags were all like muh symbolism, and suddenly the movie is praised by everyone.

I hate everyone that likes this movie because I'm bitch that can't accept other people liking what I don't like, so they can kill themselves because I sure as hell won't.

This is what I don't get, are people not watching it and trying to figure what's going on?

Does everything have to be spoon fed?

I can't tell what side you're on

at first you seem to be genuinely agreeing with him then you descend into what appears to be ironic self loathing. Are you having a stroke?

Are you literally autistic?

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people analyzing """""Symbols"""""" in movies?

redpill me on the space giant babby

is he really that big? why the fuck is it floating there staring at earth? is he going to grow up? the fuck is a starchild, anyway?

It's Galactus. 2001 is actually a part of MCU.

>are people not watching it and trying to figure what's going on

Bingo. You can't be surprised.
In every facet of life, most people sit around and wait for someone to tell them what happened or what's going on.

My pet theory is it has a lot to do with the very passive way children get an education (quietly sitting in a seat and waiting for someone to tell them what they should know). It's a horrible way to get "educated" if you think about it.

Ok, so remember the first scene where the neandarthals touch the monolith and then they start using tools? this implies that touching the monolith causes some kind of 'evolutionary' speed up.

Now the doctor touches a monolith firstly near Jupiters ring which causes trippy shit and then transports him to a room where he can see different versions of himself across time Likely meaning he's no longer a 3 dimensional being fluid across time.

He then touches a another monolith at the foot of his bed and transforms into the starchild/fetus, now what comes after being a timeless being is difficult to say. Might represent god, another big bang, rebirth of life. point is he's ascended into something

2deep4you propaganda.
er i mean think for yourself dont be another spoon fed sheeple hueheuhe.

i dont think you guys actually watch movies here

Only the latest blockbusting capeshit is allowed here

2001 is pretentious horseshit.

His perception of reality has greatly expanded.

Earth and all its problems seem very small to him now, he feels like a new man.

how so

That's basic literary analysis. I'm sure you did it in high school at some point

That was Goku in his space pod before he crashed on the planet.

That's a big baby.

for me xD

Please note how the baby was white.
N I G G E R S
I
G
G
E
R
S

B T F O
T
F
O

youtube.com/watch?v=FZxNbtb8tDA
Spoopy is what it is.

if i remember in the book he becomes an observer being, he kinda travels around the universe checking shit out, and communicates with astronauts in the sequels

I believe it's mean to represent him transcending into being a greater being. I think in the books it's mean to be pure energy with no body just a concuss and ability to travel through space and time as he please. Observing shit and being able to manipulate things without touch.Baby in fetus represents the same thing as the trippy scene previous but this time a re-birth rather than having all this knowledge.

Is the whole film about Computers being unable to self improve and become more without human help while humans can evolve and become greater, so computers will never truly rule over humans as long evolutions exists?

>it's an electronic squealing noise scene

Space is empty and dark and it's so cold.

He evolved into a being called a "Starchild." If you care enough then read the book or watch the sequel.

So it's just a dumb sci-fi movie and people think is brilliant because it's very vague? Like Under the Skin? That's lame, I thought I just didn't get it.

it's literally Pottery: The Movie people cum over the fact that the spaceship interiors sometimes have rectangles that look sort of like the monolith

edgy

>So it's just a dumb sci-fi movie and people think is brilliant because it's very vague?

Once again, if you actually give a shit enough you can pick up the book or watch the sequel. It's only vague if you don't discover for yourself.

2001 is just an obscure shitty movie

90% didn't understand shit
10% think they understood something

JUST say it's a masterpiece to blend in, you will be seen as a retard if you say it's shit.