Tfw your highshool band never took off

>tfw your highshool band never took off

What went wrong?

Post bc

they all had shit entry level taste and never developed beyond that

>tfw weren't in a highschool band
you don't know true regret

Our guitarist spent all his time smoking weed and never did anything else. The drummer was an actual retard and could only play one song. Other guitarist never played anything and claimed he couldn't because of "social anxiety" and our vocalist decided to become trans and screeched instead of sang.

i take it you were the "other guitarist"

Guitarist/vocalist couldn't sing very well and only wanted to write wishy-washy soft rock whereas we others all wanted to write something with some energy at least at some points, but he just sort of assumed the song-writing position.

That and the rhythm guitarist never fucking showed up for practice except like once every couple months and needed the lead to show him every note.

>tfw the one time we played live all we got applauded for was one impromptu solo at the end as the lead forgot how the song actually ended

They didn't want to fuck with the formula while I was trying to push boundaries.

We were lazy

>I wanted to play blues rock
>other guitarist wanted to play death metal
>bassist didn't know what he wanted to play
>drummer mainly used snare, crash and kick
>no vocalist

It was a failure from the start.

drummer was obsessed with "through the fire and the flames"

lead and rhythm couldnt accept their roles, both wanted to be lead

we didnt have a common taste in anything except for maybe some entry level garbage

we didnt have a vocalist

im glad i went solo, the band was annoying as fuck with a bunch of liberal dipshits who think they could play but really couldnt

no one in our high school or area liked new wave

>tfw you have never had a friend who liked music as much as you to jam with

We practiced two times only, and the drummer didn't even know how to play the goddamn instrument. Twas a total trainwreck, but I had some fun with the guys.

this
I never even found anyone to talk about music I like really

if it werent for Sup Forums i would never talk to anyone about music

Bassist actually

We got turned into a meme

I did but he had different tastes
Plus he had autism

Only one friend talks to me about cool music and I found him on the internet. It amazes me how much stuff is labelled as "normie music" here when I almost never met anyone who listen to the absolute norm. I justt wanted a friend to talk about protopunk and black metal with, fuck

jack?

really?
You are more popular than most bands could ever ask for

Same here bro and it sucks

Social anxiety has nothing to do with playing guitar, unless he means playing on stage

I have autism. I guess that's why I have no friends.

Because I was the only one in my group of friends who didn't plan an instrument

Lol, sounds like my highschool band, as well.
Drummer was an autist shit taste and zero rhythm, lead was a pothead beyond all else, bassist was a cool guy, though. I was the vocalist.

All we did was cover Misfits, Turbonegro and Ramones. The only song we wrote was pretty shitty. We had some nice gigs though, moshing, people jumping around on stage etc. Then we all grew apart musically, some people left this shitty city (I stayed).