Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_My_Baby#Effect_on_Brian_Wilson
youtube.com/watch?v=ePTzV4CQJ8I
youtube.com/watch?v=EIZe_dLa58U
youtube.com/watch?v=f3t9SfrfDZM
youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nilsson, spector and wilson are the trio of 60s hacks that need to be forgotten

Near on everyone who likes Wilson also likes Spector though, and it's not like Spector is overlooked

It's no secret that Brian was heavily influenced by Phil Spector. Also Brian hasn't killed anyone, so people like him more.

>MUH WALL

"I make fun of a lot of people, like Brian Wilson, because they don't have control over themselves. I think they're largely phonies. They use their illness as an excuse. It's sad, you know, but I don't know whether you can feel sorry for untalented people. Maybe he's not that talented. Maybe he's overrated. Maybe. Jimi Hendrix was not overrated. Janis Joplin was not overrated. I feel sorry that they died, because they shouldn't have. They should have been a little smarter. Brian Wilson outlived his brothers for God's fucking sake. How do you figure that? Carl Wilson - pretty bright guy. Dennis - pretty silly guy; y'know, a muppet. And Brian outlives them? But maybe Brian wasn't that talented to begin with, and we're burdening him with that. We make these people more than they are. I don't feel sorry for Brian Wilson; I never thought he was that talented to begin with. I'm glad he idolizes; I wish that Jimi Hendrix idolized me. I heard he did. I'd be more impressed if somebody with a brain idolized me."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_My_Baby#Effect_on_Brian_Wilson

Wow, what an arsehole. And here I was thinking Spector was a sound bloke.

>sound bloke
>killed someone in cold blood

Yep, that was the joke

what the fuck was wrong with phil spector?

Brain damage

Oh wow, it sounds like cluttered, muddy, distorted shit, so innovative.

>it's just a prank bro!

nuance exists

Did this retard get the electric chair yet? His production on Let It Be was atrocious. Thank God Let It Be Naked exists.

Why does he look like absolute fucking shit? What happened to this man?

He got hooked on alcohol and drugs and threatened multiple woman at gun point, all of them girls he was interested in sexually. Dude has the creepy homeless guy gene.

post good spector-influenced tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=ePTzV4CQJ8I

youtube.com/watch?v=EIZe_dLa58U

youtube.com/watch?v=f3t9SfrfDZM

This guy is a piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY

Always loved the production on this song

no you haven't why are you lying sal?

W-what?

>"This Could Be the Night" is a song written by American musicians Harry Nilsson and Phil Spector in tribute to musician-songwriter Brian Wilson, co-founder of the Beach Boys.
uh

Sure sounds better than bland empty uninspired nothing

>432 Hz

"I'm dumb as a sack of fucking hammers" - you, probably

Phil's music is boring as fuck compared to the best stuff Wilson has produced and composed though. Basic bitch stuff compared to Pet Sounds and Smile.

Plus near-fatal car crash and suicide of dad when he was 8.

I don''t get the point of this thread? This song was imitating Brian not the other way around.

Savage

He never really stated this in any clear terms, but watching interviews with him, I'm pretty sure that Phil Spector felt that:

1) the wall of sound was his fucking thing
2) Brian Wilson stole it from him
3) Brian Wilson improved upon it and took all the credit for it
4) Brian Wilson was hailed as more of a genius than Phil Spector
5) Brian Wilson supplanted Phil Spector as the mad genius producer in the popular imagination

Same thing happened with Ryan Adams and Paul Westerberg.

Ryan Adams spent pretty much his whole career doing a Paul Westerberg impression, fawned over him in interviews, and talked constantly about how Let it Be changed his life.

Interviewer asks Paul Westerberg about it, and Paul Westerberg says that Ryan Adams deserved to be punched in the mouth.

Musicians with egos hate when a younger dude comes along and cops their style. Jack White curses any band that shows up with just drums and a blues guitar.