ITT: Biggest oscar robberies

ITT: Biggest oscar robberies

>Interstellar loosing best soundtrack to the Grand Budapest Hotel.

I mean come on, the soundtrack of the movie was one of the most creative and memorable works of Hans Zimmer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nJmxzE72KQk
youtube.com/watch?v=tE6_awNDFbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interstellars soundtrack was dull. Hans Zimmer phoned it in. You need to listen to more classical music
youtube.com/watch?v=nJmxzE72KQk

>John Powell's How to Train Your Dragon score losing to The Social Network

I don't give a shit what other film geeks say, to me this was an utter travesty.

Made me especially happy that Fincher lost the Oscar to Hooper.

>The Social Network losing Best Picture to The Meme's Speech
>How to Train Your Dragon losing Best Score to The Social Network
>Leonardo Dicaprio even being nominated for The Revenant, let alone winning

>2016
>caring about the Oscars

get over yourself

Also

>Big Hero 6 winning Best Animated Feature in a year we were given...
>Song of the Sea
>The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
>How to Train Your Dragon 2
>an un-nominated Lego Movie

Also
>Brave beating Wreck-it-Ralph
>Frozen beating The Wind Rises

Really you can just pick any of the recent Best Animated Feature winners and you'd have a legitimate case here.

I have to admit that the Interstellar OST is quite good, works very well with the movie

This.

Though desu I wasn't too upset. I felt like it should have won, but Desplat's Budapest score was great as well AND he was WAY overdue.

Zimmer will win another one soon -- possibly Dunkirk.

>Lego Movie not nominated because of that fucking live action part
Im still mad.

Wasnt it proven that alot of people voting hadnt even watched the movies?

Yes, Hans Zimmer's outsourced, emotionally manipulative score deserved Best OST lmao.

>Brave beating Wreck-it-Ralph
I'm still salty over this one.

>didn't even get a nomination

Fucking this on The Social Network beating Dragon for best score. What a fucking joke.

>implying emotionally manipulative doesn't usually net the Oscar

Then how does Pixar, the kings of emotional manipulation, win almost every year it's nominated?

Interstellar had a forgettable score. Hans Zimmer hasn't written anything worth mentioning in a long time

>whiplash loss
>leo winning for one of his worst roles ever
>the messenger not getting nom for bp
>kings speech winning
>shakespeare in love
>social network not winning
i could go on but im just naming stuff i remember that irked me. i usually dont worry much outside the big 4 categories

Crash
Chicago
Spotlight
Penelope Cruz
Marisa Tomei
Harvey Milk
Shakespeare in Love

Brand recognition. The Academy doesn't give a shit about animation. Just slap a Disney or Pixar label on your movies and you're practically guaranteed to win. It's honestly the only explanation for that trash flick Big Hero 6 winning.

Oh yeah what about...

>The Tree of Life losing Best Cinematography to Hugo

Lubezki, the Oscar King, lost for arguably his best work.

>Harvey Milk
Pleb opinion, fàm. Sean Penn killed that role.

Does that make it deserving then?

Also, the animation categories have notorious issues. Voters are out of touch and don't even bother watching all the nominees. They just vote for the usual Pixar trash.

>Sean Penn won over Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler.

This.

>vomit.jpg

That's disgusting.

Benoit Debie and Christopher Doyle deserved wins for Spring Breakers and Fallen Angels/In the Mood for Love.

This, neither has John Williams

>dude artsy shots and landscapes lmao
Lubezky is a hack and Hugo legitimately had better cinematography.

Your opinion is shit. Just thought I'd let you know

Christopher Doyle is on of my favorites kinophotographers and had an amazing life.

>hans zimmer
>best soundtrack

Can other anons tell me how much of a screw up the following was:

>Ingmar Bergman losing for his work on Fanny and Alexander... to James L. Brooks for Terms of Endearment.

Haven't seen Endearment yet, but I loved 'Fanny" and wouldn't be surprised if the Oscars fucked up royally that year.

HTTYD's score was fucking beautiful, it's funny all of dreamworks recent scores have been excellent, the whole Kung Fu Panda series' score is just gorgeous.

Shakespeare in Love winning over The Thin Red Line
Ordinary People over Raging Bull

Based Powell

Sad thing is you know for a fact had HTTYD been a Disney or Pixar film he would have won that Oscar in 2010.

Doyle on:

Life of Pi
>I think it’s a fucking insult to cinematography."

The Academy
>Of course they have no fucking idea what cinematography is

The state of cinema
>you say Spielberg and Tarantino are the gods of cinema. Hey, good luck.

On Spielberg's Lincoln
>the most disgusting first three minutes of a film I’ve ever seen

ABSOLUTELY BASED

>70746653
Apocalypse now didn't win BP...

They should honestly just get rid of the animated film Oscar altogether if noone is going to give a shit about it.

>Crash

Even if I think Brokeback is overrated as fuck... Crash is legitimately a bad film.
Capote was great though, would have been more deserving than either in my opinion.

Yeah basically, I don't think Dreamworks gets enough credit for the massive jump in quality of their films over the last few years.

Are you serious?

But they won't because Disney won't let them stop giving them their little freebie Oscar.

All That Jazz losing to fucking Kramer vs Kramer

Exactly it is just fucking stupid, legitametly excellent animated films that would really get a boost having an oscar aren't even given a chance. it's like this year with Anomalisa being in the same category as a load of kids films, people even admitted they didn't even watch half of them and Just Picked Inside Out.

Can't top this one

>Inside Out

FUCK THAT FILM. FUCK ZOOTOPIA SHIT TOO. AWFUL.

I actually own the GB soundtrack.
It's phenomenal, especially for long car trips.

IMO it isn't even that they are bad, it's just having inside out in the same category as Anomalisa is just strange, what is there even to compare there? I actually thought Inside Out was OK (overrated but nice) and really liked Zootopia but the category is just odd.

>the academy
>giving a shit about animation

Same reason why amazing films like Ernest & Celestine or Princess Kaguya miss out on recognition. The only year the Academy's heads were out of their asses in the animation department was the year Rango won.

>Walt Disney hated how animation wasnt taken seriously and considered a childrens medium
>Disney movies win Oscars every year because no one take animation seriously and the voters vote on brand recognition and what their kids liked/watched

There is some kinda joke here

Have you even heard Grand Budapest's soundtrack? Its fucking incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=tE6_awNDFbY

A lot of people forget that Cabaret won more Oscars than the Godfather

>Anomalisa
i dont like inside out too much, but anomalisa was shit as well. its a 10 minute idea at best stretched way too long. and holy fuck that sex scene was more awkward than real sex.

Best sex scene of the past 30 years you fucking pleb

I didn't like Anomalisa too much but I thought it had one of the most realistic sex scenes I've ever seen

My argument initially wasn't even necessarily on that Anomalisa was better but that there is no basis of comparison between that and Inside Out especially when no one cares about the category anyway.

The way "emotional manipulation" gets thrown around here is fucking ridiculous. We are talking about movies. It's literally what movies are supposed to do.

Yeah but it can feel somewhat naturalistic and interesting or forced and cliche and over the top.

tomei was divine in that movie and elevated her role beyond caricature.

rosamund pike losing to someone who got nominated for the wrong movie

>Chicago

Fuck you. Fuuuuuuck you.