STGSTV

Listening to Animal Collective's Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished for the first time; only ever heard Strawberry Jam by AC before

My god, is this awful. I can't see why Sup Forums creams themselves over this

why is it awful?
you can just make bold statements like that without giving a reason
do you not no how to argue?
I like the albuim but I can see it's flaws especially on the first listen. Several tracks are quite noisy and hard to listen to and some of the lyrics are hard to hear like on penn dreadfuls
god fucking damn I wish when people make threads of Sup Forums they actual give reasons for their beliefs it drives me fucking insane
>inb4 autism

>it's a pleb thinks they're cool for not liking a difficult album episode

alvin row is one of the best songs ever made

>I've only listened to one of the bands most accessible albums and I don't get this fairly inaccessible album it must be SHIT
begone pleb

Apart from first track, untitled and one or two brief noise sections here or there, it's a very straightforward pop album.

People only ever remember the good songs from it (Penny Dreadfuls, Chocolate Girl, and Alvin Row). It has a bunch of weaker tracks in between them, but those are all really well made and among the high points in their career.

>It has a bunch of weaker tracks in between them
Name exactly one.

>alvin row
>straightforward pop

Also that's sort of the idea, blending some mostly linear pop structure with noise elements and tinny production.

If you remove the high pitch at the beginning, you could play it to plebs without them reacting.

>if you remove one of the key elements of the song it becomes accessible
I hate this argument

>there are idiots browsing Sup Forums
>RIGHT
>NOW
>who don't know bat you'll fly is the best track on spirit

it's La Rapet, tied with Alvin Row
although every track is a 10/10

>key element
>only featured in like the first tenth of the track
Are you fucking kidding me?

I though you were talking about the title track for some reason

The first track. The noise thing is cool for a bit, and then goes on for too long. There's no reason for the noise bit to last that long. Nothing gets achieved from it, the lengths of other parts around it don't justify it either. Then you got the tracks like April & The Phantom, La Rapet, and Bat You'll Fly which aren't flawed or anything, but certainly aren't standout tracks as there's nothing cool to pick up on like say...how Chocolate Girl builds into the clean guitar bit or its ending Panda Bear drumming. But the worst offenders are Untitled and Someday I'll Grow To be As Tall As The Giant which are literally filler tier.

What's the appeal of Alvin Row? It's nowhere near as phenomenally better than the other tracks as people like to say, in fact I'd probably rate it in the lower tiers.

>April & The Phantom, La Rapet, and Bat You'll Fly certainly aren't standout tracks
>Untitled and Someday I'll Grow To be As Tall As The Giant which are literally filler tier

Damn, I mean yeah they aren't the greatest tracks, but idk if I would go as far as you and call them laughable.

>la rapet & bat you'll fly aren't fantastic
>untitled, one of the best tracks on the album, is filler

"no"

>do you not no

you faggots aren't high or smart enough to enjoy?

I'm pretty fucking dumb, but I still enjoy it.

t h e r e ' s b e e n s a d d e r d a y s

I legit thought they sang saturdays right up until this very moment.

It's mixed unlike pretty much every other album. It can be very difficult to listen hear everything that's going on. It took me a little while to really get it just because of all the high frequency shit

same
You shouldn't have to be high to enjoy an album. I enjoy this album immensely without a single injection of marijuana

>you have to be high to enjoy an album
>feeling superior because of it
Jesus Christ that's like having to be blind drunk to have sex with a landwhale and then strutting around gloating that you got laid

You are fucking retarded if you think an album is good because you have to be high to listen to it

>tfw to intelligent to not enjoy AnCo

I feel so elusive in Houston

I'm just being a butthurt asshole because i think STGSTV is a 9/10.

I think this is their best album, but I didn't really like strawberry jam or MPP. How did you feel about Strawberry Jam?

Took me a while to find the appeal too but try to pay attention to the lyrics and song structure. It's pretty fucking depressing but hopeful at the same time. You feel like working on the album helped Avery get through some dark shit.

It's not awful, but it is a very repetitive album compared to their others

Sup Forums only likes it best because it's less well known

it's April and the Phantom, although Bat You'll Fly blows my mind when I listen to it

can't follow both voices at all and just end up lost for the next few hours

April and the Phantom is like the second best song on the album, why do you people hate it?

umm its not like harsh noise, but basic pop is such an oversimplification that I am convinced this is bait.