How influential was Muhammad Ali?

How influential was Muhammad Ali?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ranker.com/list/greatest-americans-ever/jacariah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_American
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_American#Alphabetical_list
sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/most-watched-sporting-events-2015-nfl-college-football-basketball-nba-womens-world-cup-viewership/3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Albert Einstein
>American

>MLK over George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson
Jesus Christ...

>albert einstein

What retard made this list?

He should be higher than Billy Graham Oprah and Elvis that's for fucking sure.

That's a terrible list who made that? I only agree with 10 of those being on the list

>bob ross
kek

probably accurate though

Rosa Park should be first

>being dumb
>being an ass
>dumbass

where's Johnny Joestar ?? ?

Not even first for the Civil Right movement. That would be Thurgood Marshall and MLK
Marshall was the black civil rights attorney that won major civil right case after major civil right case and we eventually just put him on our US Supreme Court as a Justice (most powerful position an American can get in government)

please answer

>Lance Armstrong

>25. Neil Armstrong

I tought he was caught on doping?

No it's the trumpet guy

Ali was a great boxer.

Muhammad Ali was also a racist piece of shit of a human being.

That's Lance Armstrong. Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon

>1. Ronald Reagan

IMMEDIATELY DISCARDED

No that's Louis Armstrong

> “Yes, sir,” said Ali. “I like what he says. He says Negroes shouldn’t force themselves in white neighborhoods, and white people shouldn’t have to move out of the neighborhood just because one Negro comes. Now that makes sense.”

> "Now that makes sense."

What did he mean by this?

>Muhammad Ali was also a racist piece of shit of a human being.

" Ali argued vehemently in a Playboy interview that interracial couples ought to be lynched. “A black man should be killed if he’s messing with a white woman,” he said. And it was the same for a white man making a pass at a black woman. “We’ll kill anybody who tries to mess around with our women.” But suppose the black woman wanted to be with the white man, the interviewer asked. “Then she dies,” Ali answered. “Kill her too.”

Watch this and you will understand. It's one of the best sports documentaries ever.

>Ali argued vehemently in a Playboy interview that interracial couples ought to be lynched

I call bullshit

> “A black man should be killed if he’s messing with a white woman,”
> But suppose the black woman wanted to be with the white man, the interviewer asked. “Then she dies,” Ali answered. “Kill her too.”

what the fuck?

No way muhammad ali said these things.

Is Bob Ross the painter? He should be #1 2bh

based desu

wheres taylor swift

>No way muhammad ali said these things.

Are you serious? WTF is wrong with you retarded 'mericans that worship your athletes?

Ali was a violent, brain damaged nigger who fought other niggers for a living.

Did you expect him to have any deep thoughts or philosophy on life or something?

Way before the Civil Rights movement Jackie Robinson became the first black to break the color barrier in pro sports when he started for the Dodgers in 1947. He went on to have a HOF career despite facing a shitload of white backlash and handing it with class. In his honor, ever team in MLB retired his #42

Einstein lived in New Jersey for 22 years

Doesn't he have white grandkids?

what is ronald reagan so no 1? what did he do?

I honestly have no idea. never heard people talk about him in the same sense of lincoln, franklin, washington or walt disney.

>Tomas Alva Edison
>American
:0

Conservatards worship him because he won the cold war

how?

a lot of people named after him so guess yeah

Fun fact: Christiano Ronaldo is named for Ronald Reagan (he was the favorite Hollywood actor of Christiano's dad)
As a president, modern rightwing Republicans like Trump hail Reagan as the gold standard of modern Republican presidents (presidents in recent history). None of them even like Bush much, no idea why the idiot who made the list has him on there

>Oprah
What does she even do?

what did ronald reagan do that makes him number 1?

the recent OJ series was better

Are you trolling? Is this the average American these days?

Ali was a racist scumbag. The guy was a cunt as a boxer, and an even bigger cunt as a man.

He's literally the original dindu

wow do people over there really like bob ross that much?

>Oprah ahead of Jefferson, Einstein, and FDR
>MLK over Washington, Jefferson, and FDR
>Reagan anywhere in the top 10

Who made this list, a black Republican?

He was the president when America became the sole superpower in the world so Republicans give him the credit for it.

Reagan was President when the Soviet Union started to collapse thanks to problems that began decades ago, so conservatives give him credit for winning the Cold War. He also presided over the largest increase in the national debt (as a % of GDP) in our history, so conservatives credit him for being a champion of low government spending.

No.

>muh war on drugs
>muh military spending
>muh reaganomics
Shit president desu
There hasnt been a good republican in the presidential office since nixon

Hm I see why that would make him maybe number one in the most influential Americans but of the world? I mean Einstein should be up there seeing as how science keeps the world and the human race alive

There's videos all over youtube saying he's anti interracial breeding you cretin

sure you're not being a salty liberal with not giving any credit at all?

NEW LIST
NEW LIST
NEW LIST
m.ranker.com/list/greatest-americans-ever/jacariah

This one actually used a poll. It's much better but it still has some funny ones on there

There's plenty of video evidence of this, you can find it on youtube.

Shrunk the middle class and caused the crack epidemic of the 1980s

I'm giving Reagan plenty of credit for ballooning the national debt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_American

>The Greatest American was a four-part American television series hosted by Matt Lauer in 2005. The show featured biographies and lists of influential persons in U.S. history, and culminated in a contest in which millions in the audience nominated and voted for the person they felt was the "greatest American". The competition was conducted by AOL and the Discovery Channel and reported on by the BBC.

Nominees: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_American#Alphabetical_list

>Kanye not on top of the list

This list is already trash

>and culminated in a contest in which millions in the audience nominated and voted for the person they felt was the "greatest American"

I think the lesson we can take from this is that there are millions of idiots out there

I don't think I understand lmao how can he be the most influential american if all he did was bad stuff. you are biased, both of you.

>I keep it 300, like the Romans

>audience nominated and voted
Ah, so all the old white people that watch american history on tv voted for reagan.

Intelligent conservatives will agree his policies were mostly disasters

> Be American
> Not know that Ali was a racist piece of shit

Fucking embarassing.

because it was the golden age of america! make america great again! #votetrump

Why doesn't Clinton get the same undeserved credit for 90s America that Reagan gets for 80s America?

I'd put him over Jefferson and Washington definitely. Franklin was a G tho. And I'm black!

He did some good stuff too. He gave good speeches, he told funny jokes, he ended detente with the Soviets, and he was behind brilliant government operations like Iran-Contra.

>r-reverse racism!
no one is under the impression Ali was racist because relative for his time he wasn't. he's more known for his reasons for rejecting the draft (VC never called him a nigger, never denied him rights). i've seen conservatives condemn him for not serving his country but i've never seen any autists call him racist until this thread.

Clinton does get the same undeserved credit for the 90s. Democrats still shout "he ran a surplus!" and "the economy was booming!" as though Clinton was responsible for all of that.

>1. Ronald Reagan
>6. George W Bush
>11 Billy Graham
>13 Walt Disney
>14 Albert Einstein
>20 Lance Armstrong
So much wrong with this list

>bob ross

he invented aids and gave it to every nigger for free

Both horrible eras so idk why they would

>Iran-Contra.
what's that?

>no tesla
triggered

Eugene pls

This

>Intelligent conservatives
Like Pat Buchanan?

It's abundantly clear you're from reddit so fuck off

>Reagan
>Clinton
>Elvis
>Oprah
>Billy Graham
>Edison
>Bob Ross
>Lance Armstrong
None of these belong here.

Based Lance would be in the top 5 easily if he wasn't forced to accept the bullshit drug charges which he easily debunked.

Fuck them. Armstrong is the greatest American sports hero.

I've been on Sup Forums since 2008 but have barely bothered with this site in the last few years because of all the edginess and Sup Forums overflow

>that flag

Seriously? Your country was right in the middle of it all.

>Reagan offered to pay the Israelis to sell weapons to the Iranians as part of the negotiation for 7 hostages
>We had an arms embargo with Iran
>some of the Iranian money was used to fund violent paramilitary groups (Contras) in Nicaragua
>Reagan got caught
>Reagan admitted to it
>Everyone forgot about it and kept loving Reagan

All very bizarre tbqh, not too different from the Democrats ignoring JFK's role in Vietnam or the Bay of Pigs

Yes I'm aware you're from reddit you don't need to reaffirm it

Really? Because the passive racism of reddit would fit more in line with this thread lmao

That one is missing a lot of the obvious ones....

>no Andrew Carnegie
>no John D. Rockefeller
>no J.P. Morgan
>no Howard Hughes
>no Cornelius Vanderbilt
>no Lewis and Clark
>no Robert E. Lee
>no Ulysses S. Grant
>no Pocahontas
>no Hellen Keller
>no Ansel Adams
Frank Lloyd Wright
>no Andy Warhol
>no Bob Dylan
>no Marilyn Monroe
>no Frank Sinatra
>no Jim Thorpe
etc

Scandal where Reagan funded cocaine smugglers in South America which effectively led to the crack epidemic of the '80s; Sup Forums will dismiss it as a boogeyman because it doesn't affect them

Fuck, that song is so good but that line irritates the shit out of me.

America quite literally BTFO

israel has been involved in a lot of stuff I can't know all of it

also sounds like it wasn't his fault where the iranian money went, he did his job and brought back the hostages. that's what I got by your explanation atleast.

>Elvis
The greatest at being the most fucking overrated singer to ever live, maybe.

>not rating based Bob Ross

You can fuck off to whatever shit hole you crawled out of, you piece of sub-human garbage.

It was looking so good until the 3rd name

>Diana 3rd

Most of the top 10 looks solid, but what did she do other than die in a car crash?

What the hell did Bob Ross do other than MUH TREES

>also sounds like it wasn't his fault where the iranian money went

It definitely was, Reagan was a strong supporter of the Contras. He initially gave them direct financial and military aid, but then Congress banned it so he needed an alternative method to give them money.

>he did his job and brought back the hostages

The problem is that he lied about it, repeatedly. First it was "we didn't sell the Iranians weapons", then it was "we sold them weapons, but not for hostages", and finally "we sold them weapons for hostages".

>Diana
what meme is this? is she only on the list because she died and that made some people sad?

>Diana
>Crawford
>Cromwell

fucks sake

Lance Armstrong was the greatest American at European sporting events. Nobody watches bicycling here. Here are the ratings for each sport by viewership:

sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/most-watched-sporting-events-2015-nfl-college-football-basketball-nba-womens-world-cup-viewership/3/

Replace Diana with Wellington, swap Wellington and Cromwell, and that's a solid list.

>Reagan was a strong supporter of the Contras.
why? he did that help him?

also keep in mind every president has been shit right? no president did only good stuff without getting his hands dirty. who do you think was your best president?