LOTR General

LOTR General

This scene gave me goose bumps aragorn absolute bad man

Do you guys think the battle of amon hen was one of the more underrated battles in the trilogy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fP6QrESd7Fs
youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=AZnymkpsCH0
youtu.be/9Vetg_e5fJQ?t=109
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the best sequence in any Tolkien movie ever made.

It's everything Hobbit failed at being, building tension while a small group of people survive the attack of a superior force.

Amon Hen and Moria were so good not even the huge battles in later movies could come close.

One of the 3 goosebumps worthy moment of the trilogy, along with the lighting of the beacons by Merry and the charge of the Rohirrims.

lothar shouting at the end of warcraft was better.

FOR AZEROTH!! FOR AZEROTH AND THE ALLIANCE!!!!!

>warcraft was better.
summer is here

Fuck off shill

Kill yourself, pleb.

I love it.
There's no build up to it and it feels really isolated and grounded.

Amon Hen is my favourite battle in the trilogy

Shit sorry lads thought the thread was pruned you lads think there should be a
silmarillion adaption but Jackson actually put time and effort into it unlike the hobbit

>underrated

its definitely not underrated. one of the most memorable sequences of the entire trilogy. ill never forget the first time watching it.

No. Jackson fucked up with the Hobbit.
LOTR is good and well where it os, let it rest now.

Anyone know a good youtube clip of it?

How did Aragorn not get hacked to bits here?

youtube.com/watch?v=fP6QrESd7Fs
Literally the first result

I can't wait until Warcraft fades until oblivon in about a month

He's literally a demi god

>I would have gone with you until the end
>Into the very fires of Mordor
Fuck I forgot how good these movies were lads. Feel like marathoning the extended editions now.

Viggo has even stated he was really nervous making this scene. Can't say I blame him.

he had the high ground

LOTR was good but its a bit dated now. I think something like Warcraft has overstepped LOTR in terms of filmmaking using the technology available today.

>They will look for his coming from the white tower, but he will not return
;___;

Only thing dated about LotR are the visual effects yes. Thankfully it doesn't rely on them like say The Hobbit and Warcraft.

LotR will always be highly regarded.

The soundtrack to LotR is actually perfect

Also, FotR comfiest movie of all time

look at this, kiddo there were no such scene in the whole Warcraft movie, it was mostly ridiculously badass characters with zero personality.

Name a more powerful scene in movie history.

youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

fanx for the (You)s
:^)

Well time to rewatch them back to back

Watching two towers extended edition I didn't know it was on for so long I am so happy

You have empty soul.

And you are stupid.

LOTR still looks great, because it is not about cgi. Warcraft will look like a shit in ten years.

>general
why the fuck do you need a general you autist
you didn't even put it in the subject field

youtube.com/watch?v=AZnymkpsCH0
"Let This Be The Hour When We Draw Swords Together."
No such thing in the whole history of cinema. The respect, the romance and the glory between Theoden and Aragorn.
No matter how much CGI and effects you put in it will never overstep this atmosphere

Stop being baited so easily with the warcraft shit
Jesus fucking christ people

How fucking perfect is LOTR? Seriously, every time these threads come up I have the urge to watch the trilogy again.

GOAT films imo

Suck a fart out of my ass

It bothered me how the Uruk-hai, the ultimate warrior orcs, were so easily killed.

The greatest 3 films I have ever watched the fellowship also being the comfiest

I'm glad I got to see LotR when I was 11-13 before I turned into a cynical cunt.

Apparently Christopher Tolkien sees the LotR films the way we see the Hobbit films. A scary thought.

You're a fucking dumbass.

Nobody cares what Chris thinks, he completely missed the point of his father's work anyway.

Tolkien doesn't really make it apparent but characters like Aragon are the equivalent of greek heroes like Hercules.

In fairness, after what they did to The Hobbit, he is right to not let them near any of the other works

Fellowship is a legit good movie
the sequels are Hollywood blockbuster trash

why do they always trill their r's?

Ha! I get a maximum comfy feel when I see those run times.

No homo, when Sam and Frodo are first leaving the Shire and Sam pauses because he's never been so far from home makes me insanely nostalgic and homesick.

It's more likely that he's one of the very few people who actually get his father's work. Don't be so mad because he dislikes your favorite movies. They're shit adaptations.

literally one of the strongest being on middle earth
The non-hobbit members of the fellowship are the strongest members of their respected races, and Aragorn is a pretty much a demi god (while gandalf is a zapped demi god)

>Really fucking hot outside and inside
>Nearly naked, drinking cold drinks, AC going
>Still fucking roasting
>Watch some LotR clips
>Get chills at every scene

LotR saved me from heatstroke.

>demigod
Why does everyone keep saying this. He's one of the Numenor. While this does make him very long-lived and a bit stronger than his fellow men, he's still mortal and has no magic powers beyond some mild elf shit. Also mad herbs yo.

How many Uruks were at Amon Hen?

Amon Hen has got to be the prettiest and best set in all of the trilogy. It's just pure nature

>Boromir gets shot in front of the statue and the light shines behind him
Absolutely Stunning

>demi-god
>one of the most powerful beings on middle earth

you guys love to jump to extremes. thats not the case at all

>>one of the most powerful beings on middle earth
well, that kinda sorta is the case, at the time of LotR

Because destiny is a huge deal in the LOTR universe. It's almost a flaw with LOTR both film and book that its quickly apparent Aragorn is effectively so blessed he's invincible.

Why was so perfect as Aragorn? Who could've played as him instead?

russell crowe

could have swapped emeor and aragorn and i wouldnt notice, just get karl to shave

Stellan SkarsgÄrd

GOOSEBUMPS

We almost got Nic Cage as Aragorn.

I'm not joking.

guy pearce could've definitely worked as aragorn

>How perfect
Perfect to the degree that pretty much all of Sup Forums can agree it's perfect

>The non-hobbit members of the fellowship are the strongest members of their respected races
>Legolad
kek

yeah you fucking hype them for whole movie, and then they turn out to be just as cannon fodder as any. this turned the movie in to capeshit tier

dun dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN DAH?
WHAT IS THE SONG!

youtu.be/9Vetg_e5fJQ?t=109 this one?

Isengards theme

fuck yes! whenever I hear this I want to rewatch the entire trilogy!

legit every 6 months me and my mates get together to rewatch all 3, everytime its so great. Even in the booze haze

the special effects used to impose the actors onto the set/miniatures is pretty noticeable now. a panning shot of a tower in osgiliath and gandalf vs the balrog come to mind as prime examples

>post yfw you heard in Two Towers that they had an entire army of Uruk Hai after watching Aragorn struggle with just the one in Fellowship

Over the years I've come to hate Towers and Return, they're camp and cringeworthy in many ways.

Fellowship is absolute GOAT and I wish we would have two more LOTR movies in the vein of it, instead of love story grand strategy military simulator bullshit with big battles.

I want a D&D simulator.

He would have made a great book Aragorn.

Aragorn didn't struggle, he killed them by the hundreds, he only struggled with their captain for boss fight reasons

subtle troll

how old are you?
i get the feeling young kids think cgi looks real because they're so used to it.

Pretty much all new movies CGI looks awful, the orcs from LoTR were all makeup and it is visually better than anything made even now

How on earth is it subtle?

someone pls stream the trilogy
pls

The make up and effects are great, the CGI is terrible

Legolas surfing Towers
Legolas climbing the troll in Fellowship
CGI elephants in Return
Legolas climbing the elephants in Return

God fucking awful

He probably meant the CG in LotR, which does look dated for the most part(I think the Balrog still looks great). The practical effects are excellent though.

Yes that's what I meant.

That's about as subtle as killing fifty people in a nightclub to take a stance against homos

kat.cr

It's funny because he was their second choice after they realized Stuart Townsend was way too young to play Aragorn.

Why do people say Game of Plebs is better than LOTR? Are they fucking retarded?

Nigger i don't want it i own the movies i want to watch it with Sup Forums again
it's glorious

Stuart could have been a great Legolas.

For a character who did not have that many lines overall, Viggo Mortensen acted his ass off just with mannerisms. I don't even know how many scenes came through as genuine because he did shit that wasn't planned, like parrying that dagger mid-flight or breaking his toe.

You are not alone in those feels.

>LotR was good

Can not wait for this meme to end.

One of the Dunedain, descendents of Numenoreans from Numenor
Sorry for the autism

They're both good for different reasons. Tolkien is much moreso classic fantasy. You know what's going to happen from the start desu. You know Tolkien wasn't going to end the story with Frodo failing and darkness ruling middle earth. With ASOIAF, it's really a realistic possibility that everything ends horribly, even though most of us would rather it didn't.

fuck I love original costumes. it really shows they put a lot of time into pre-production of everything.

>nigger
rude

It started what you now consider classic fantasy. You would not know shit if you read it back then.

I was more so talking about the Movie vs the show because plebs don't read and that's what they always talk about. With the books I agree both are fantastic.

lotr cg power rankings

high tier
>gollum
>massive armies
>ents (although they did use physical models for treebeard)
>"putting on the ring" effect
>army of the dead
>shelob

mid tier
>balrog (only in mid because it didnt look perfect the entire time. some brief moments it looked bad)
>armored trolls/giants
>fellbeasts
>intro sauron
>editing actors into the miniature locations

bad tier
>elephants
>unarmored trolls/giants
>eagles
>the river horses
>watcher in the water
>dead marshes underwater scene

dont know where to put the eye of sauron

>It's a LotR nostalgia thread

Is there a better fantasy piece produced, movie or series wise? Can you name it?

Pro-tip: You can literally not do that.