Based liam

based liam

the engineer and the people who worked on the album besides the star need the money to keep doing what they're doing.

>tfw my dad has a similar wisecrack
He shoplifted all the cassettes he bought and calls it "downloading before it was cool"

All he contributed was vocals he would never even consider that

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY, YOU MANCUNIAN CUNT!?

No but seriously, Liam... you DID buy the albums, right? Would like to see some receipts

stealing from artist's is scab shit

now more than ever it's important to make sure they get paid, or else you'll only have corrupt sock puppets like Beyonce, Jay-Z etc.

the best way to support artists is to see them live

barely exists anymore. And going to these festivals and all these Live Nation and Bowery Presents etc. companies is just feeding the machine.

If we're talking a legit DIY show sure, but I think that's becoming increasing economically inviable.

>"He's like a man with a fork in a world full of soup"

- Noel Gallagher on Liam Gallagher

Engineers don't get royalties, they get a flat upfront fee.
This is only an issue for songwriters who give their songs to performers

>buying music
>current year

Jesus fucking chirst

There's a ton of independent venues with legacy and brand new acts ........ there's loads of good gigs, I'm gutted I'm missing them all

This so fucking much.

Piracy of albums isn't a bad thing, and Death Grips has proved this time and time again. If I have no fucking clue who you are, I'm not gonna buy your album. But if you let it be pirated/give it away for free, it's basically free promotion so people who want to support you will and those who don't would've never supported you in the first.

yeah enjoy all the free propaganda and native advertising.

You really beat the system.

>live shows barely exist anymore

Wew.

user, just show me the receipts... just want to make sure... you DO know I worked hard on those albums, right? I deserve pay for my work...

The receipts, user.

>Piracy of albums isn't a bad thing,
OF COURSE IT IS!!!!

Oldfag here. You kids have no idea how much better the music scene was in the 90s.

And if you starve out artists all you get are 'artists' who aren't beholden to financial independence or even solvency....ie propagandists. ie: the shitty urban outfitters/ festival culture that globalisim has thrust on you.

In life, nothing is really free,.

No live shows that exist outside of corporate venues and outside the control of large booking conglomerates barely exist.

But you knew that.

Suck my dick, old fuck. I downloaded all your albums. Receipt my ass

>And if you starve out artists all you get are 'artists' who aren't beholden to financial independence or even solvency....ie propagandists. ie: the shitty urban outfitters/ festival culture that globalisim has thrust on you.
Then how come it's all the rich artists that are anti-piracy and many of the underground artists allowing flexibility in how much their fans pay for an album?

can you recall the 1st thing you downloaded when you were younger??? I think it was ddr songs, I honestly can't recall that far back. also dialup was fucking brutal.

It's all bullshit.

Artists today can't really substain an independent career. That's the reason the music scene is weak and corporate as all fuck right now.

Bands like Black Flag or The Minutemen or whoever couldn't finaclly exist in today's climate.

That's why all you get is corportae shit, or trust fund kids attempting a faximilie of the bands of yesteryear.

Starving out artists isn't good for any art scene. It's common fucking sense. I don't give a fuck what corrupt cucks like Steve Albini say.

lol

A woman sucking 2 pints of horse cum and spitting it on the floor.

Thank you for restating your point and not responding to what I specifically said

A CD (or mp3 download) costs what, $10 or $15? That's not really much. Granted, artists make more money off of touring, but that doesn't mean they make nothing off of selling their music, especially with stuff like Bandcamp.

How come Metallica et al. where anti-napster in like 1999, and young bands who don't have a financially solvent career (and almost certainly never will) don't care in 2017?

I mean, it kinda obvious.

Eh, because when you're a small band you don't really have a choice. You don't want to potentially alienate the little fanbase you have.

Did young bands not care, or did nobody care what young bands thought?

ignore this guy
if you live in any city of vague note you can go to shows every single night of the week

Are you saying that if those young bands did care they'd have a career of note?

Spoiler alert: the answer is no

Stopping piracy (if such a thing is even doable) wouldn't increase sales to a notable degree, instead people who would've pirated the album would just not buy it

It wouldn't change anything

i wonder how much the "big" indie artists (mac demarco, real estate, etc) make

It was considered gauche by the young bands in the late 90s/early 00s to say anything publicly, but of course they cared. No one likes money being taken off their plate.

I live in Brooklyn. And for the second time (since you're thick) I didn't say any shows, I said shows free of corporate influence. Yes, they exist, but they're harder and harder to find.

I'd say that if at least the music aficionados of the millenial generation woke the fuck up and realized they're being fucking duped and started to pay for the art they consumed, it would at least be a step in the right fucking direction.

probably like 30K a year.

Too bad that's not gonna happen

You can stay stuck in the 90s with your memories of Nu Metal and Post-Grunge and people buying music before they even know what it sounds like, but it's not gonna change the future where try-before-you-buy is the norm

>live shows that exist outside of corporate venues and outside the control of large booking conglomerates barely exist.

No, they do. You're just not lpoking hard enough. Nice goal post shift btw.

*tips tin-foiled hat*