If the U.S and A had the same structure and interest they have for apehoop...

If the U.S and A had the same structure and interest they have for apehoop, eggball and the most random "WTF that's a sport" sport. Could they kick ass in football, tennis or some other sport that is actually relevant outside of murrica?

Yeah, probably. If I had to choose, it'd be football/soccer.

>tennis
I don't know, what do you think?

>tennis

Tennis has been at times hugely popular in the US, in fact the dearth of talent at the top level in the men's game is a pretty new phenomenon.

But soccer yeah, you can't really answer that because it's never been big here except in certain communities. If it was our number one sport i'm sure we'd be at the very least England-level in terms of the national team.

Yes. Not saying >we would win every World Cup, but the USA would be a consistently elite nation.

That's basically saying "If a country had everything to be succeful in a sport, would they be succesful?" They wouldn't destroy everyone in football but they would be one of the strongest nation.

Tennis champions for the past 10+ years have been spanish, swis and serbian. It's nowhere near basketball where at least 40 of the best 50 playera of all times have been american

They already have a better structure tham most countries for football but their players are too schematic, they need a few flashy pacy nigs

Hockey?

Soccer regular season. With playoffs.

Think about that.

Oh wait, MLS already implements that; although, it should do away with that two-legged shit.

No because the retarded NCAA system would always hold them back

idk I kind of like the fact that soccer here is like the 6th most popular sport because when we overachieve in the world cup it's fun to shitpost and annoy euros and when we lose to jamaica or trinidad and tobago we can always fall back on the "we don't care about soccer" meme

But seriously, how in the fuck does a country like England justify their shit performances when soccer is their number one sport?

That would be like if the New England Patriots lost to the Alabama Crimson Tide in a tournament.

but the real question is, would we be good per capita

college soccer is probably the best thing if you're good here, you're probably not going to get proper development anyways

M8 we already are England-level.

2002: both made quarters
2006: USA did worse than Eng. here
2010: USA finished ahead of Eng. in group, both lost in R16
2014: Eng didnt get out of groups, USA went to R16

They should be better at hockey honestly

>But seriously, how in the fuck does a country like England justify their shit performances when soccer is their number one sport?

Our repressed mental attitude means we create unskillful but hard working players.
All the best players in the Premier League (bar a tiny handful) are foreign.

Alabama Crimson Tide a better ranked team than them then?

But for the 30 years before that it was mostly americans. And for the last 20 years Serena has pooped on pretty much anyone that wasn't named Henin.

Idk if a ten year mens drought in an era of extremely competitive tennis means america sucks at tennis again.

Britbongs are worse at sports than jews. Tennis and Soccer are their major sports and they're mostly garbage at both. That's why "c'mon" andayyyyyy" has become a national fucking tagline.

Anyone remember that dribbler we "scored" against Hart? That's British sports in a nutshell

Speaking of crimson tide....

>the past 10+ years have been spanish, swis and serbian

england B team got to the semis of the euros m8

>Britbongs are worse at sports than jews

We just came second at the olympics lad!

Up until recently we did kick ass at tennis you retarded beaner.

>wtp

this country literally owns like 30% of the world
in terms of infrastructure, grandeur, money, wealth, and amount of jews, there's no way we wouldn't dominate every sport if we cared
just look at the last World Cup, we finished ahead of Portugal, England, Italy, and Spain
and 99% of the country didn't know the tournament was happening. And no, youtube clips of random sports bars doesn't mean we "care". There's a reason why we need the "Ourlaws" to even have 300 dedicated fans from the entire country.

yes, i believe usa could easily dominate football if they wanted.
Their women team already does it.
But thank fuck they hate football, otherwise the FBI would have never started that FIFA investigation.

I don't follow divegrass. So what's the deal with MLS? Does this league really not have enough /elite/ American players to compete with the rest of the world?

If they were 10 years younger the MLS would be pretty good but they only get players who are past their prime like 5 or more years before going to the US