Do the Coens "click" with the modern quipshit movie-going public?

Do the Coens "click" with the modern quipshit movie-going public?

you have no idea how funny it is to see people act like "the majority of people have shit taste" is some sort of new phenomena.

Hail, Caesar was crap though.

I liked it. Far better than burn after reading. Debate me.

>Hail, Caesar was crap though.
Confirmed for not understanding the penultimate scene

>pleb thinks Coen's are some high brow humor only intelects like himself understand

Mah nigga. I thought the film was pretty good and was surprised to see it panned.

So, would you guys leave for CEO of Lockheed or be #2 at what is supposed to be MGM?

>PG-13

I usually don't win arguments this fast.

>Hail, Caesar was crap though
spotted the capeshit loving plebian

Would that it were so simple trippingly.

>a comedic tour de force

Who unironically writes like this?

would that it were

but the movie was shit

Is that supposed to be wordplay on "Tour de France"? I've seen it hundreds of times but until now I haven't really tought about it. What a shit expression.

Neck yourself m8

>confirmed for not having played sonic spinball

would that it were so simple

anyone else get that intense feeling of vicarious embarrassment when a scene was written/filmed specifically to force a maymay?

I've never had it but I imagine it would be extremely painful

This movie was the worst Coens' movie to date.
Great idea and cast, but shit execution.

tdkr wasn't filmed to force maymays, it became maymays because it was simply that incomprehensibly, inexcusably bad.

Intolerable cruelty.

>inb4 haven't seen it

there's a reason. But you also owe it to yourself to see it so you can round out your ability to judge movies.

True, I haven't seen it.

I actually really enjoyed it. It's one of their few comedies I've found really funny

Intolerable Cruelty was cool movie, I don't get the hate. Same with The Ladykillers, I loved that.

The worst for me is Burn After Reading

Not him but pic related was PG-13
And is one of their best films

How to tell when intolerable cruelty and ladykillers were someone's first coen movies.

Christ this movie was terrible. I had it pegged just from watching the trailer. Glad i never wasted my time actually watching it.

>Burn After Reading

Brad Pitt alone makes that movie worthwhile.

The only reason I was able to remember that intolerable cruelty existed was because I watched it twice, completely forgot it the first time, then watched it again and suffered constant deja vu until I was able to remember I had seen it before.

My first Coen movies were Hudsucker Proxy and Raising Arizona tho, which I saw long before Intolerable Cruelty and Ladykillers were even made.

Faggot.

Am I only one that actually loved Hail Caesar? The movie had balls to go after the Hollywood commietards. Even the Communist turd that is Clooney got in on the joke.

>intelects

>MGM since 1951: constant financial problems, eventually filed chapter 11

>Lockheed since 1951: basically swimming in sweet, sweet taxpayer bux the entire time

Confirmed for missing the point. It wasn't about the money in the end.

>work for lockheed
>most profits go to the corporation

>work for not-MGM
>most profits go to your pockets

I want the tilda twins to click me if you know what I mean

>the worst coen brothers movie intolerable cruelty
>a-audiences don't understand it because capeshit, swear

Darling, you're exposed