WARCRAFT BOMBS DOMESTICALLY

>B-BUT MUH GOOKS

variety.com/2016/film/box-office/conjuring-2-box-office-warcraft-2-1201793738/

muh spoopy mobies

This happened last night
>go to the theaters late night after work to see the last screening of Warcraft
>finally find a parking spot, see a bunch of thuggish niggers walking into the theater lobby
>awww fuck, they're going to go see the Warcraft movie
>go inside, see a line of teenagers and thuggish niggers waiting
>fuuuck the theater is going to be packed with loud kids
>turns our they were all going to see The Conjuring

I don't understand the appeal behind these horror movies, they're all clones of each other and never scary

>warcraft movie is fresh and original

go watch some arthouse before you critisize other plebs, you massive faggot

>muh american bubble
LAFFIN

You really thought a bunch of niggers were going to watch your gook chink money machine movie? lol. Do you know anything about niggers?

>SEE AD ON TV
>"BASED ON A TRUE STORY
lol wat

>Everyone on this board defends Warcraft purely because of the Disney review fiasco and not because they like the movie

how do we fix americans, Sup Forums?

I'm so glad this movie bombed.
Can't wait for Assass Creed to bomb too, coming out the week after Star Wars lol.
Maybe then Hollywood will get the picture to leave gameshit alone, it's not going to be the next capeshit.

Yes, because both legitimate praises and critcisms I have written were purely spawned by the review fiasco, and not my own movie experience.

>Everyone on this board defends Warcraft purely because of the decade they spent avoiding losing their virginity playing the game and not because they like the movie

FTFY

demons are real in fatistan

DEPORT THEM ALL

I'm not surprised. It was really shit.

>"Hello Warcraft, my old friend..."

CAN'T CAN THE WAN

>>B-BUT MUH GOOKS

Because $$$ from China doesnt count? Or that a Chinese company doesnt own Legendary Pictures - the studio that made Warcraft? This isnt the 1950s where the US reigned supreme in the world and nobody else mattered. You are living in the world today where China is economically on par with the US.

FYI : James Wan has another hit on his hands - Conjuring 2 was projected to do in the low 30s and it did above $40 million - proving again that he is one of the biggest directors in Hollywood today.

I don't get it either. Babadook was ok but not worth $10, glad I saw it for free. And that movie shits on most 'horror' movies.

Wait let me get this right.

A movie about a "horde" of immigrants invading another world, raiding the local natives, then teaming up with them because of a larger evil (Deus ex machina) wasn't popular?

Gee, I wonder why...

It made its budget back in two days in China.

>thinking threads like these aren't a response to all the vidkakino assholes that have been spamming the board

It made $90m in China in its first 2 days, 25% of which goes to the studio ($22.5m).

The film's budget is $160m.

55% of what it makes in China is lost through taxation and theater cuts.

what is this, babbies first day at business school?

Any source on those percentages?

90 mil is 90 mil.

Not really the % they get from ticket sales in China is very low.

>what is this, babbies first day at business school?
>>tv
>>business school
pick one and only one

>25% of which goes to the studio ($22.5m).

Wanda bought Legendary Pictures last year. The 25% that Hollywood movie studios get from China doesnt apply here since a Chinese company owns the studio that made Warcraft.

>eurocucks and chinks are solely responsible for the decline of cinema

How do we stop them?

>>Everyone on this board defends Warcraft

Nah its just the shills and wowaddicts, it was dogshit

>tfw no sequel
>tfw no more guldan or orgrim
>tfw no grom or kargath main roll

Fuck call me a pleb but I liked the orc parts of the movie, the human parts however kinda sacked

geniune question. do you know what taxes are?

Even if it was 50%, it's a $45m cut. The budget, again, was $160m, and that doesn't even include marketing or other costs.

To claim that "it made its budget back in 2 days in China" is bullshit, you fucking idiots.

Let's face it it's a pretty bad film. Remove all the Warcraft-specific elements and references and what you get is a bland, extremely messy fantasy adventure with bad actors.

movie was too late, 5 years ago it would've been top grossing, now no one really cares

Amazing how many don't realize that everything costs money.

But then again we live in a world that Sanders gets a following and people think money literally appears from nowhere.

>5 years ago it would've been top grossing
>this is what blizzdrones actually believe

I mean, I agree with you, but if they're young they've probably not seen much, which makes them unaware of the clones aspect, and for scary... well, that's subjective.

They live in a bubble. They played it and all their friends played it. They think everyone played it.

The cut is much higher than 50% in China since Wanda is entertainment congloremate that owns movie studios, is a distributor and exhibitor (it owns the largest movie chain in China just like it does in the US where they bought AMC Theaters).

When it is all said and done, Warcraft will make about $250 - 300 million in China.

It's not socially acceptable to like high fantasy in the US. It's not cool nerdy like sci-fi, capeshit and low fantasy

>When it is all said and done, Warcraft will make about $250 - 300 million in China.

kek

Have you not been keeping up with what's happening? The daily grosses so far have been:

Wednesday - $45.7m
Thursday - $46m +0.7%
Friday - $32.9m -28.5%
Saturday - $21m -36.2%
Sunday - $10.8m -48.6%

It's dropping like a fucking rock. At $156m through Sunday, it's going to be lucky to crack $240m at all, let alone cruise past $250m into the $300m region.

>GOOKS
It's "chinks" you stupid faggot. The only gook out there right now is James Wan, who's kicking Warcraft's ass.

Of course Ameritards won't go to see the movie that's not trending on twitter and tumblr. Their opinion makers said it's bad, not enough blacks and no gays. What if you get called racist for seeing it?

Lol, good lord you are stupid.

Kek

Warcraft is going to be the next Resident Evil

I was literally the only person in the theatre to see it, snuck into the conjuring about thirty minutes into it

Fuck you Sup Forums for shilling that piece of shit

Geekery has been in vogue for 10 years or more.

Warcraft is just a shit movie.

>even some obscure trash video game sequel managed to outgross Warcraft's opening weekend

T O P
O
P

James Wan is Chinese

Lord of the Rings is high fantasy

Not even that.. Warcraft is going to be the next "Dungeons and Dragons."

So you think cinemas show movies for free? Lmao.

Blizzard fans everyone

Yeah, I guess that's why LotR bombed and why GoT is so popular.

Fucking idiot. Jesus fucking christ.

So Blizzdrones are cuckolds right?
>critical reception doesn't matter it will make a lot of money
>domestic and European gross doesn't matter, it will do well in China
>those fucking chinks can't appreciate great cinema

Yeah sure. That's why LOTR has been such a flop in US right?
stop trying to find pretexts for why your shitty movie is tanking. It's just bad.

And it's shit, what's your point?

It has more to do with the fact is Warcraft. Only fat virgins play it and they waste thier lives doing it. At least that's what a good chunk of normies believe.

That movie was pretty dope, me and my crew still waiting for the rogue to get revived, he was one of us

Neither Tolkien trilogy floppped and both were critically acclaimed

>I really enjoyed the movie, the best part about it wa-
>HAHA it didn't make money

How to spot a kike

>So Blizzdrones are cuckolds right?
They have always been cucks since WoW

>I am going to keep giving Blizzard money because of Diablo Warcraft and Starcraft, even though they havent done anything with them or anything good in 10 years

Blizzard as a company died when they created World of Warcraft and dumped everything else, and this also brought about a turning point in the gaming industry

>You mean we can sell people a product and charge them to play it?

MMOs are the worst thing to happen to gaming

>Maybe then Hollywood will get the picture to leave gameshit alone, it's not going to be the next capeshit.
Hollywood has been fucking up videogame movie adaptations long before capeshit was a thing.

>How to spot a kike

The Hobbit trilogy was garbage and easily worse than Warcraft

That would make sense if those Warcraft threads didn't claim it to be the dawn of video game cinema/the film to be extremely popular with normies.

>WARCRAFT FAGS BTFO

Ok but follow the train of the conversation
>Warcraft flopped because high fantasy isn't popular in the U.S.
>LOTR is high fantasy
>but it's b-b-bad
>both trilogies made tons of money
>but they're b-b-bad
Their quality isn't even relevant to the conversation.

Exaggerated responses play off each other well, they're both trolls.

If you have EVER played Warcraft or WoW at this point you should be made to watch the girl you like fuck a black dude at this point

I'm not a part of that conversation. I just want to discuss the movie.

Fuck this stupid ass movie

lotr was successful because its the most restrained example of the "high fantasy" genre.

Most of high fantasy is shit like warcraft, where people just throw fireballs (or polymorph) whenever the author needs to quickly resolve a situation, but whenever drama is being forced, suddenly magic doesn't work for literal reasons.

Go see the Conjuring then if thats your personal tastes.

>eat shit rather than eat shit

IT'S GOING TO HAVE A 4X MULTIPLIER BY THE END OF THE THEATER RUN!

IT WILL MAKE 100 MILLION!!

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW BOX OFFICE WORKS!!

someone on Sup Forums actually argued this would happen

>Fuck this stupid ass movie

>BLIZZDRONES YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN WHILE YOU LIKED IT

I'm done with this. It's useless to repeat points when the feedback is just "fuck you retard shit nerd fuck fuck cuck".

Hate on this all you want, I'm sure someone will think you a cool guy for it.

Go back to Sup Forums faggot

>Getting this mad most people don't like some movie
It's literally just a flick dude

So how much does this need to make to break even? At least 600 million right?

But what would the number be now that it is going to flop domestically, it wont even gross its budget back.

>lotr isn't real high fantasy
>basically describes harry potter

The problem is not the crowd not liking fantasy. The problem is vidya narratives don't adapt well to movies. Certainly not well enough that you can expect to recoup half a billion.

I read it has to make $500 million to break even.

>domestically
>>muh gooks
>domestically

>it's dropping like a fucking rock
>it's o-only made hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars

Probably around 300-350.

But companies don't make movies to break even. They make movies to make money.

movie bombed cause its already on the net

>Probably around 300-350.
That would be if it made a lot domestically, studios get a much smaller percentage of foreign box office.

This doesnt even looks like it will make 100 million domestically

Horror movies are the best to watch with friends, so you can have conversations about that scary scene, talk about that friend that spilled his popcorn while watching it and make fun of the friend that screamed like a little bitch on that one scene. Basically, normies love it.

Also, they're pretty cheap to make and they always make their budget back, making them Hollywood's safest cash cow.

Forget 100, it won't even make $60m.

anyone else gonna watch warcraft today? i hope the theater is empty.

You're right, but if I'm not mistaken, Legendary Pictures is now a Chinese company (owned by the Wanda Group) so unless there's a lot of international mixing, the Chinese market should have more of an effect in this case.

BASED ON A TRUE STORY.

NO SHIT NIGGA THAT CRAP WILL STILL MAKE A SHIT TON OF MONEY IN EAST ASIA JUST LIKE TERMINATOR GENOCYDE DID THEY DONT GIVE AF ABOUT THE US

going to watch it but not in theater from what I keep hearing...

Dude, this movie has to make more money if they want to make sequels. 200 million is nothing for a move nowadays.

Aww poor nigger
Its one of those movies best enjoyed on a big screen

>best enjoyed on a big screen
retard. I can just get really close to my monitor/phone and the screen will be just as big.

OP should have at least used a better image