The great debate

the great debate

One won a WC, one has not.

There is no debate. Messi needs to play amongst great player to be GOAT.Maradona was always GOAT,even with shit teams

They're both manlet criminals

One evades taxes and the other one did shittons of drugs and had his daughter fucked by Sergio Aguero

riquelme

on one hand, messi is a manlet. on the other hand, diego is a manlet.

>maradona club goals
>messi club goals

i think this """debate"""" can end now. thanks for trying lads. don't hit your heads on your way to r/soccer/

>pele club goals
more than 1400

It's a known fact that Missi is a choker on the international level

>I just rate goals
>Gerd Muller club goals
I just found the GOAT lads

Maradona forever

no

Different eras, who gives a shit. Messi should be compared to Ronaldo and literally no one else. Maybe Zlatan if he wins CL with ManUtd (he won't), maybe with Bale if Bale becomes even better in the next 3-5 years (he will).

>Maradonna was goat with shit teams

>bankrolled 1980s Napoli

b8

oh god the retarded bosnian messi faggot is here

>leaf
>football

Literally kill yourself and your family, cocksucker. I actually strongly dislike Messi, you delusional faggot.

So?

Messi

Most of the player of the current year are better than the players of the 70s and 80s.

>Rating players for collective achievements
Ok, then Iniesta is the ultimate GOAT
>4CL
>8 leagues
>1 WC
>2 Euros
>many meme cups
And he's only 32

his teams are stacked though. maradona won the WC all by himself. it's obvious why he became a legend, and it's not much about being the best ever. he was the savior and this primitive people is pretty religious desu

>maradona won the WC all by himself
This meme needs to die, if Valdano, Burruchaga and Pasculli hadn't scored their goals, Maradona would be Zico tier.

The only player who carried a team alone was Platini in Euro 84

Only in fitness levels. You can tell by watching videos that Maradona's ability with the ball is still miles ahead of everyone now apart from Messi.

>Messi

Iniesta is one of the all time greats though

What does Messi have to do with Ponch from CHiPs?

This

Also Redondo

maradonna until messi gets a wc

also maybe until messi plays in another team/league and gets anything close to the stat padding league that is lel liga

As someone who never watched Maradona I can say with certainty that Messi is far better

Messi is easily the better player. The only argument for Maradona is "he won this one particular team trophy that Messi did not", also known as the Pedro > Cruyff argument

>maradona won the WC all by himself
What a load of bullshit, like 7 starters on that Argentina teams were part of Copa Libertadores winning teams in 84-86. And this was at the time when SA leagues were just as good as European ones (2 of those Libertadores winning teams won their Intercontinental Cups, 1 lost on penalties).

>also maybe until messi plays in another team/league and gets anything close to the stat padding league that is lel liga
Like the Champions League knockout stages? Because the only player who can compare to Messi in CL knockout scoring is CR.

>also maybe until messi plays in another team/league and gets anything close to the stat padding league that is lel liga
Also, by any objective metric, La Liga has been the best league in the world for the past 3-4 years

It has the best 2 or 3 teams sure, but it's still the easiest top league for forwards to score in.

>And this was at the time when SA leagues were just as good as European ones

No they weren't. Nobody has or ever will care about the club world cup here so don't bring up that shit for why SA teams are as good.

Also the 1986 WC is the only major NT in history where the winners had only one player in the all star XI.

>It has the best 2 or 3 teams sure, but it's still the easiest top league for forwards to score in.
It has 3 of the top 5 teams in the world and 3-4 more that consistently get far (and win) their European competitions. After that we're getting into pure conjecture territory.

>No they weren't. Nobody has or ever will care about the club world cup here so don't bring up that shit for why SA teams are as good.
>South American club teams won most of Intercontinental Cups until the 00s
>South American NTs composed largely of players from South American clubs were winning most of World Cups
>South American clubs always sucked
Once again, by any objective metric, South American clubs were not any worse than European ones until the mid 90s.

Copa Libertadores =/= Club World Cup
Don't talk when you have no idea what you're saying. Like said, SA clubs were on the same level.

Yeah but players from that era would be even better nowadays with advances in technology.

why do people who never watched maradonna talk about him?

one is an std ridden, bloated, ugly, loud mouthed, cheating, manlet CUNT and the other is the GOAT

By this logic, Rooney is better than Zidane.

Messi has STDs?

Maradona

Carrying your NT to glory > Statpadding with Uefalona
Dinking a bottle of whisky every night and doing a line of coke to get out of bed before match > Autism and total lack of personality

>different positions
>different football eras
>different careers

There's no point of comparison

yes he got them after he shagged your mum

Scholes

drinking a bottle of Sprite every night and doing a line of grinded cheese pizza to get out of bed before match > Dinking a bottle of whisky every night and doing a line of coke to get out of bed before match

>drinking a bottle of Sprite every night and doing a line of grinded cheese pizza to get out of bed before match
kek

Messi.

I can't imagine Maradona doing his antics with the athletes the modern football players have become

>actually comparing the GOAT to Diego "Reddit" Maradona

'no'

Gerd Müller is the Goat 9 ,tho.

>implying

>comparing a mollycoddled system babby to the GOAT

kek

>muh athletes

Lack of athleticism was compensated by the fact defenders were deadly compared to today where light contact = foul

>Losing 2 finals to Chile
>GOAT

The GOAT poacher maybe, but nobody in their right mind would pick Muller over van Basten or Ronaldo for their team if all players were at their peak.

Messi is the undisputed GOAT until someone better comes along in the future
Only people who don't watch football think there's even a debate
Take your contrarian faggotry back to r/soccer

>undisputed

Plenty dispute it. You just think nobody compares because he's playing during your era.

>mexican Farca bandwagonner
These are my favorite posters

messi isn't even the greatest of his era

>Ok, then Iniesta is the ultimate GOAT
you're not wrong.

truly my least favourite meme

>players of yesteryear competing against the modern era
Now tell me how lashin was the GOAT kek
btw I'm old as fuck and watched Maradona play and I used to make that argument myself many years ago but for quite some time now I've realized Messi is in fact the superior footballer
Not even going to entertain anyone who thinks Cruijff or more laughably George best as any sort of GOAT
I used to think zidane was the greatest thing too then I stopped being a nostalgic teenager

namibia knows whats up

Messi is the GOAT but euros need to get the fucking chip off their shoulder. La Liga is the best league in the shoulder and is the only league that has at least 3 quality title contenders.

No English team can win the league and the CL right now.

shh let them think the "premier" league is still the best. it's all they've got

loooooooooooooool

>I used to think zidane was the greatest thing too then I stopped being a nostalgic teenager

So you were a teenager when Zidane was around but you're also old enough to have seen Maradona? Kek.

You're fooling nobody yank, you're probably some 18 year old faggot who started watching football with the 2010 WC.

Pedssi is a lab experiment. He needed drugs which are now banned to become the player he is. So he's the best project, but not the best player, there's a distinction. It's like saying a computer is the best chess player in the world - technically true but misleading.

I was born March 1980, I was just implying you were but I imagine you were probably still in single digits
>yank
Lol no

>they don't think Messi the KING is the bestest ever
Lol dumb haters, just look at Facebook everyone agrees

Hm, difficult. Maradona singlehandedly made Argentina world champion and won the scudetto with fucking Napoli.

Whereas Messi has a goat knitting factory behind him that does 90% of the work for him.

Really difficult... I'd say a tie.

Not sure if big dog, or just very small man.

>slav attempt at wit
stick to robbing people and drinking your misery away

Citations required

So you were under 10 years old when you saw Maradona play at his peak and you think you're an authority on it?
Fucking Amerisharts.

This, it's very close but Messi has more FIFA cover appearences so he's the winner for me :DD

>Mexican teenager who has Barcelona's FB fanclub opened in another tab right now attempts to discuss football
Everytime

>it doesn't count if you're too young and just saw him on YouTube
>it doesn't count if you saw him live but were only 10
>it doesn't count if you're older because you're just a nostalgic edgy grandpa
>whoever you are, whatever you did, it just never counts lel

Yeah, fuck off.

I'm more of an authority than you, my child

>Maradona singlehandedly made Argentina world champion
Debunked earlier.

>won the scudetto with fucking Napoli.
aka one of the richest clubs in the world in the 80s

We might as well say Aguero is the GOAT because he won the EPL with fucking Man City.

You really think a small child seeing a player play has an authority on it?
I remember thinking my local team were the best in the world at that age, it doesn't mean that it was true.
I didn't say any of the other things either, Abdul. So who are you quoting?

You're two years older than me, Shartquel

>Debunked earlier.

Then how would you describe his rush against England?

That is the example of singlehandedly making a team world champion, by at the WC quarter final, picking up the ball on the halfway line and dribbling past an entire team and then scoring.

>aka one of the richest clubs in the world in the 80s
even if true, it says not much at all, cos it's in the 1980's and football wasn't nearly as cancerous as it is now, money-wise. also, by any means a club that wins a title, outside of traditional ac/inter/juve, is more special.

let's put Messi in AS Monaco kek

You're assuming the guy 1) had no judgement whatsoever back then, 2) has never re-watched anything on YouTube or old tapes since then to confirm his judgement.

Big assumptions here.

>So who are you quoting?
Sup Forums and the 300,000,000 edgy fags who were having the exact same reasoning about Pelé or Cruyff 20 years ago.

>Maradona would be Zico tier
The gap between the two is really small, though.

I'm not Mexican and have no Mexican ancestry; what use do Slavs have aside from boosting the knife and track suit economy?

>even if true
If you don't know that fact why are you even arguing?
>he was better because he scored against England

Basic football knowledge, it seems
>you now remember how Sup Forums used to unironically like Messi some years ago, but the meme got exposed and it's the same four shitposters making up excuses for him in every thread
kek

>Then how would you describe his rush against England?
In the same way I'd describe Messi's rush against Real Madrid in the CL semis.

But obviously when Messi picks up the ball on the halfway line, dribbles past an entire team and scores it's just because of the system.

>even if true
It is true, Maradona was signed for a world record fee and Napoli were the highest Serie A spenders until Berlusconi took over Milan and bought van Basten/Guulit/Rijkaard in 1987.

>it says not much at all, cos it's in the 1980's and football wasn't nearly as cancerous as it is now, money-wise
It says a lot because having the ability to sign Maradona is an advantage over clubs who do not have the ability to sign Maradona.

>by any means a club that wins a title, outside of traditional ac/inter/juve, is more special.
Preben Larsen won the Serie A a year before Napoli with Verona. Why isn't he the GOAT? Verona were much poorer and their history is even worse than Napoli's

>exposed
>Sup Forums is a knowledgeable base
Edgy teen

>If you don't know that fact why are you even arguing?

Because I'm right. What is a fact? I was unaware of Napoli buying all the best pokemon in the 1980's (they did not). I always thought they were mid-table southern chancers that signed El Maradon cos he liked it there, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, because money is not everything, as Manureited have prooved for the past few years.

Precum Larsen is probably the best player of all time, I have said this many times on Sup Forums

>as opposed to 13 year olds on facebook
Messsiiii

>whining about kids on social media
So you're just one of these contrarian teens who claims film/band x is shit because it's so popular and normies like it
I bet you start hating a band you like one they become too popular
Typical lonely bitter 4xhan cancer

>Precum

>trying this hard to label me as a teen because he has no arguments
There's a reason why only people under 18 and clueless casuals (flag is usually helpful to spot those) consider Missi to be the best of all times. Don't get me wrong, he's still in historical top 5, but Barca/Messi bandwagonners in general are the most ignorant fans out there. Luckily, most of them grow out of it.

You've done nothing but whine about facebook kiddies, that's been your argument
Who the fuck is doing to take you seriously you imbecile, hitler should've cleansed the world of Slavs

>this 100% butthurt already
Literally zero valid insights posted ITT except and , why should put effort in the topic we've been over a hundred times and it's only the same four shitposters defending Missi. In Messi/Barca's case, fanbase is very fitting and telling of football knowledge of those people
>underaged bandwagonners
>Mexicans
>clueless casuals (check flag)
If they get more serious in their interest in sport and actually educate themselves on the topic, they drop >le Messi GOAT kiddie opinions very fast

>that's insight
you're a joke

MESSI MESSI MESSI

This. One could think that football players train just fitness, without a ball.

Maradona is the greatest.

Pele had goat national team career
Messi has had the goat career at club level
But only Maradona has had a good mixture of both

Messi>Maradona

Messi is the greatest player I've watched since Di Stefano.