If you can't appreciate how crispy and dense this is

If you can't appreciate how crispy and dense this is.
You're a piece of shit who falls for memes.

>if you disagree with my opinion then i will insult you

The praise this album gets is why DG fans aren't taken seriously. It's a bad album from a great band.

>I talk about music I clearly don't know about

Bubbles buried and Spikes are best songs

Yes

Nice post juxtaposition. Totally not an ironic statement about the people who dislike this record.

>not Hot Head

Personally, I started liking Darth Grops ironically. Then after taking uppers and listening to Exmilitary, it all clicked and now they're one of my favorite groups.

>says its bad
>doesn't offer any insight on why
wew

Same. Disliked DG until I took stimulants with weed one day.

Weirs how that works.

Bottomless Pit is definitely one of their best. Up there with NOTM and NLDW.

>I started liking Death Grips ironically
What the fuck does it mean

>Not falling for memes means you fall for memes

k

it means nobody has a damn clue what irony means

I always took it to mean they pretended to enjoy it, even though they really didn't, for hipster cred, but ended up stockholm syndrome'ing themselves into actually liking it.

>THIS ALBUM IS SHIT
>Uh, Why?
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Later

>Why are DG fans so fucking stupid, can't they take ANY criticism?!?!?

this album sounds like doing mushrooms in an empty arcade

scruffy's gonna give this a 7 based on how he ranked their previous records. maybe a 6.5, because Trash really downplays the aesthetic

>Is a fan of Death Grips
>Talks about falling for memes

ExM>NotM>>>>>>>>>everything else is outdated shit

It's the only album of there's where I only skip 2 tracks. The really need to embrace their more aggressive side.

Not gonna lie, I enjoy everything they have released. I have so since TMS. But the memes overtook the actual musical content of the band on the internet, and thus I never really cared for all the memeposting which brought it mostly ironic love for the band.

I feel the same way for Animal Collective, Swans, and Deathspell Omega as well, also all musicians I love but have become these dumb memes so serious discussion about musical content becomes rare.

Which ones are the skip tracks?

I skip "Giving Bad People Good Ideas" and "Hot Head". I'm really in the minority here.

The memeposters are insufferable but seriously dude, skim through the archives of shit they did before they really nailed their aesthetic down. They were definitely shooting for a sort of contagiously absurd vibe which ultimately boils down to memetics. I mean, just look at the types of photos they featured in the I've Seen Footage video.

>how crispy and dense this is.

>they need to embrace their aggressive side
>skips most aggressive tracks
Are you a retarded person?

Those are aggressive in a really boring way. Just being fast and loud isn't enough. I'd say the first track on Government Plates and No Love (the song) are the directions they should have gone. Also the title track for Powers That B is aggressive as fuck. Just going "DUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUN NAAAA DUNUNUNUNUNUNUUNUN" with MC Ride chimping out over it just feels like extremely fucking week punk.

Great album. At first I didn't like it but now I love it. My favourite is NLDW but I honestly love them all. It's genius.

I like this album more than The Powers That B. Am I retarded?

Those songs are very similar to "I break mirrors with my face in the United States" sonically. Do you not enjoy that song too? Or what separates these two songs from I break mirrors?

I've only listened through Jenny Death and Niggas a couple times. I'll have to check out that track again and see what I think.

I just listened to it. I think that one's pretty weak and a little boring. It lacks the punch a lot of their other songs have and just gives me the image of a really boring house party playlist. Songs like Houdini, BB Poison and Bubbles Buried have this loud ass punch to them that makes them really sweet bangers. I wish they'd go that direction more instead of just yelling over a bunch of muted "DEW DEW DEW" synths.

It's the heavy, slow shit or the loud rave shit that really stands out to me.

This. It's the single for a reason.

Bottomless Pit makes a good ringtone

It's better than Jenny Death, worse than NOTM

No. It means he listens to it like you'd listen to viper. And what usually happens when you listen to Viper - you find out he's actually a genius and start to like him! 'My Hops' has made me cry, literally and honestly.

>DEW DEW DEW synths
You have no idea how to talk about music stfu

Turned Off is the best track they've ever made. The other two are on Jenny too, btw

Any reason in particular why Come Up and Get Me is their only song with that sort of sound? It's so fucking good but segways right into Lil Boy which is pretty boring.

I always thought Stockton was similar to Come Up and Get Me, albeit slower and more subdued. Still has heavy drums and bass

Well I mentioned I break mirrors because the songs have a very similar effect on the album as a whole. They are more to get your blood flowing and ready to take on the rest of the album. you gotta look at the album as a whole to see their value.

hey guys waht do you think of my opinion ?? :)

It's good, thanks for giving your input

There's nothing to criticise about any Death Grips album. All their songs are perfect; if you don't have the intellectual capacity to realise that, then just accept defeat and move on.

eat shit and die

Nice bait but it backfired because you're not wrong.

I love Death Grips, they're probably my GOAT group, but I don't think ALL their songs are good. Maybe 80-90%

Dem thangs dem thangs, don't even eAAAASK me

>crispy and dense

What's the deal with the praise they get for their lyrics? Shit's retarded.

Lyrics don't have to make sense. It's all about the imagery and how it sounds. Come back when you're cultured

>All my palm lines running, stretching
>'Cross my palm like blind cross etching
>Palm mummified chimera filming
>Bronze my palm now, all brown palm now

>Gimp just kept shaking so I had to braid him like this
>Comfort over freedom, pave a path of leisure, have it all
>Freedom over comfort, give you back so much leisure, feel small

>Pervin' while they cletch the BOTTOM
>FEEDERS suck like stuck in Stockton
>Least three a month prestalkin'
>Noted symptoms hid like Laden
>Bin through shit like sodom

>Hole in this platinum ship of fools nomadic rule concept no rules
>Mobile shrine of this destitute wasteland mute
>Screaming at me winking at me like I love it
>Fucking wit me fuck it

>I'm chain-linked fence that splits dream and dreamer
>I keep 'em hangin' from my balcony, shrivel in my sun
>Warm piss showin' through his cheap slacks, this bitch is done

inb4 hurr durr that shit's retarded and despite the compositional diversity there's not a single lyric I'm capable of liking.

L M A O
M
A
O

>people are so stupid and naive they think all surrealism is good by default

Death Grips is very rarely surreal though. You've never actually listened to them before and just look at the cherrypicked strawman shit here, right?

I don't think all surrealism is good by default. It doesn't all have good imagery and it doesn't all sound good. Come back when you can read?

I get that, but to be honest I don't really care. The music itself is what matters to me the most about any artist.

People who dislike Death Grips purely because 'they're a meme' are everything that is wrong with the world.

im gonna say 4.5-5, it's nothing new for them and theres nothing more he hates than stagnation

this

He used that same logic when he reviewed NLDW negatively even though it shares nothing in common with their previous records besides the sheer abrasiveness. If anything Jenny Death was a sign of stagnation.

but Bottomless Pit actually does resemble most of their previous work. Jenny Death does too and he also was not a fan of it

Jenny Death was rated 6.5 which is the second highest after ExM

oh man i must not have remembered correctly. He'll probably like Hot Head though and virtually nothing else

gbpgi and title track too

Oh yeah probably. Honestly besides those 3 and Eh I really havent liked this album and have barely relistened to anything

Its not bad I just think its alot weaker then any other of their projects it was still in my top 3 of last year because most of that album is so fucking strong but theres songs that just weigh it down

So what footage did he see anyway?

this is a good album