Sup Forums, is there any patrician country?

Sup Forums, is there any patrician country?

Or bluegrass or like, even just any folk singers who have a twangy country sort of accent

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!jw0zCZJD!JsbAXz-m_ibp98xltJoQNA
youtube.com/watch?v=24Ebqt1vHrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

email joe bussard and ask him

ESSENTIAL ALT. COUNTRY 2016
mega.nz/#F!jw0zCZJD!JsbAXz-m_ibp98xltJoQNA

well shit that answers my question
thanks kindly pardner

TOWNES
VAN
ZANDT

np.
the mega folder's incomplete and missing a few albums on the chart but i'll update it before the weekend.

thank me later

Check out some John Prine

Blaze Foley
Marty Robbins
Sturgill's first album

what in tarnation

Pic related and 12 Golden Country Greats by Ween

"alt country" is the gay shit the poseurs on mu will rec and say is "good" country

try shit like tony rice, ricky skaggs, john hartford, norman blake

>joe bussard

Indeed.

Nice of you to join us, Joe.

Who is joe?

i like both old and new Country.
unfortunantly Sup Forums is full of Country Traditionalists who don't believe that good Country stopped being made once the '70's ended.

listen to this immediately

aside from "muh johnny cash", you should check out gene clark. lots of reverb, and influences from gospel, funk, and regular blues rock. as patrician as most country gets

fucking

>i like both old and new Country.
good for you man youre really knowledgable

mu is more full of faggots that cant lik something unless it has "alt" in the genre, most modern country is shit and "alt-country" is usually worse than top 40 country

excited to dig into this. I love Pinegrove and Richmond Fontaine and that Karl Blau album.

>alt-country

put it into the trash

>alt-country
literally worse than mainstream pop country
mumford and sons can suck my dick

>Enter thread
>You're the only one to post Townes

This board is absolutely fucking disgusting his self titled is essential.

Also Dylans first album and Guthrie's discography

well I like my 16 horsepower a lot

but for something truly patrician listen to american primitivism

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

easy way to spot a poser: they like townes

his music is utterly average just muh unjustified melancholy

if someone likes him but shits on other country they are just such a pathetic poser

i love townes and I think he's great but it's true that if people think he's somehow "above" other country they're just morons lol

i discovered this album by Luke Brindley yesterday and you wouldn't think much of it judging by the cover art and the album title but it's a great instrumental country album from last year worth hearing.
youtube.com/watch?v=24Ebqt1vHrg

All fine albums.
The Luke Bell was a recent find that I reallly dug.
Reminds me of Dwight Yoakam.

whether Sup Forums wants to admit it or not, alt country was the genre of the 2016. hip was too schizophrenic and every other genre underwhelmed, whereas alt country kept on delivering all year long, from the beginning of the year with that fine lucinda williams album to the end with that ambitious double album from miranda lambert.

you're thinking of hipster country mate.
there's fine country being made off the charts by legit musicians who're steeped in this stuff and not poseurs just looking for a scene to make.

This, stop saying albums are shit just because they become memes on a website

dolly is better