Harry Potter General /hp/ - bitches love the BVC edition

>Cursed Child is fanfic tier garbage
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/10/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html

>Rowling insults those reading spoilers and retweets Muslim apologists
twitter.com/jk_rowling

The play script goes on sale July 31st, mark my words lads this is going to be a bigger fall from grace in the eyes of a fanbase than Lucas. Rowling is literally finished.

What are Harry Potter movies, user?

Theatre is both /lit/ and Sup Forums related plen

LITERATE PEOPLE ON SUICIDE WATCH

Not what you mongrel /lit/ rejects are going to be crying about in this thread
Hold on
Are YOU calling me a plen you complete and utter plebbo?

Thoughts on this? I'm cautiously optimistic.

>claiming that theatre shouldn't be discussed on Sup Forums

No, you my friend are the plen in this instance.

There is theatre and then there are plays

Much like literature/stories and film/movies

This trash is plays which has no business being on an art board like Sup Forums

You are just salty that mods won't let you remove the GoT threads and is trying to relieve your anger by shitposting on HP threads, aren't you?

>DUDE MY KIDS FRANCHISE IS BEING RUINED:((
i can't stop laughing. even worse than bvs kino memers

>Rowling is literally finished
She's a billionaire and the Redmayne movie will come out soon and be quirky enough that everyone will see it.

Yes, yes, well done Harry.
HOWEVER

You realize Sup Forums is full of cape, vidya, meme, muslim and youtuber posting, don't you?

Because of memesters like you

We never had this level of pleb pandemic before you found baneposting on your social media feed.

Lucas is incredibly wealthy but is an artistic joke. This play will destroy her reputation among Potter fans once the full script comes out.

>This play will destroy her reputation among Potter fans once the full script comes out.

no it won't
she knows these retards will eat up anything. you wannabe Sup Forums teens aren't "potter fans"

>muh board is ruined
How so? Stop crying like a little bitch. Sup Forums in general is getting more widespread, so of course there is going to be less quality content. That being said, you aren't obligated to post in any thread if you don't like it. Just stop being crybaby manchild and grow the fuck up. You want a thread? Make it yourself.

Not really, as the series grows older, so does it's fans. I think this will create a fair amount of controversy, screencap this.

You low cinema brain children want to encourage the Sup Forums sensibility on this board because it makes your job easier. you want "dude everyone get hyped for the latest movie, ha ha I love fun popcorn times aren't movies fun and comfy. you booked your tickets yet? look at the rotten tomatoes score! oh, you didn't like it? well that's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion" Facebook environment

I rage against this drift towards hugbox on a daily basis. cinema should be a slaughter house. This is a medium of suffering in the name of authenticity and the board should reflect that. This isn't 'fun times "/r/books buff" clubhouse'

>Not really, as the series grows older, so does it's fans.

and? there will be a whole different generation growing up with this new series(assuming it happens) nearly all of its fans will be excited that this next generation gets their own version of hp

This is Sup Forums. People say and discuss whatever the fuck they want. Sup Forums was never elitist. You want a proper "true cinematography" discussion, go find other forums. Or make a thread. It's just simple like that.

>This is Sup Forums.
This is Sup Forums, Not your home board, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /vg/ or whatever pleb hole you crawled out of
>People say and discuss whatever the fuck they want.
>I rage against this drift towards hugbox on a daily basis. cinema should be a slaughter house. This is a medium of suffering in the name of authenticity and the board should reflect that. This isn't 'fun times "/r/books buff" clubhouse'
>Sup Forums was never elitist
Sure after 2013 when most of you apes showed up.
>You want a proper "true cinematography" discussion, go find other forums.
Again
>You low cinema brain children want to encourage the Sup Forums sensibility on this board because it makes your job easier. you want "dude everyone get hyped for the latest movie, ha ha I love fun popcorn times aren't movies fun and comfy. you booked your tickets yet? look at the rotten tomatoes score! oh, you didn't like it? well that's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion" Facebook environment
>Or make a thread. It's just simple like that.
Who will stop you from forcing your pleb culture on an actual art board then?

Terrible plot aside, every cast choice outside of the Grangers seems okay.

>written by Jack Thorne and not rowling
>a playwright
lmao fuck off. who cares

>avatar

Nice b8

Moaning Myrtle a qt

The only reason this is creating a lot of controversy is because Rowling said it was canon.

im not getting a comfy vibe from it yet, which is my favorite thing about the HP series, im hoping im wrong though

>ywn spitroast Delphie with your nigga Scorpius while Rose watches

So, are all leaks true then? I'm still having a hard time believing that the plot of "the next chapter in the HP lore" is this fanfiction tier shit.

>ywn cuck your shitty dad by getting a dark mark tatto from qt Voldy's qt daughter

even worse then.
it has no place being on here or even on /lit/. keep your "controversy" on your subreddit or harry potter fan forum if there are still any of those left in 2016.

JUST

one things for sure, fanfag, its still easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

:^D finally

Daily reminder that Deathly Hallows pt 1 is true kino

>Deathly Hallows pt 1
>not Prisoner of Azkaban

t. reddit

Rowling brings back Snape
Alan Rickman is dead

Is Delphi the best female character on the HP universe even though she's in the shittiest installment?

>silver and blue hair
>secret daughter of Voldemort

Literally Mary Sue

Kill yourself pleb

>under the delusion that Sup Forums was ever a good board

>tfw no loli ghost gf

Everything leaked was true, even the bizarre "Scorpius is Voldemort's son via time travel" rumor, which was actually a rumor in the play.

>its a subhuman pleb apes the Sup Forums meme to justify his garbage and pretends hes been here since 2007 episode

>Diggory demands Harry uses the seized Time-Turner to go back in time to the Triwizard tournament and save his boy, Cedric, who was killed on the orders of Voldemort after winning the event.

The fuck, you can do that?

>Lucas is incredibly wealthy but is an artistic joke.
Who has enough money to not care about the opinions of anyone else, ever.

>This play will destroy her reputation among Potter fans once the full script comes out.
Do you think she gives a fuck? She can spend the rest of her life writing manuscripts on gold leaf and still continue to rack in millions on royalties alone.

>This is Sup Forums, Not your home board, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /vg/ or whatever pleb hole you crawled out of
Eat shit and die you cancerous fucking normalfag. Television and cinema are quite literally mass entertainment for the lowest common denominator of soceity. You should be happy that your disgusting kind which belong on reddit, facebook, twitter, fucking everywhere else, is even allowed to have a shitty little containment board on Sup Forums.

Drink bleach you fucking tryhard.

>Television and cinema are quite literally mass entertainment for the lowest common denominator of soceity

t. entry level Sup Forums movie buff

>The Bell Jar
>Low tier
RREEEE IT'S MY FAVOURITE

this board's been a dump for a while, no idea why you think otherwise