When will indie rock make a comeback? How long must we do this hip-hop trend thing?

When will indie rock make a comeback? How long must we do this hip-hop trend thing?

Pussified indie killed rock msuic

It won't. It died in the early 2000s.

Rock music is dead.

But I hate niggers.

in 10 years hip hop will be in the same state that rock music is in now.

it's all going to be forgotten. in 100 years, it will be like none of it ever happened. take for example kids being born today. you think they're going to give a fuck about rock music at all? of course not. it's old people music. the same way jazz and classical used to be.

>indie rock
posts pic of an album released by Warner Brothers

The trend is more on edm from what I hear on the radio.

Truth be told, the central banking system co-opted and then phased out not only indie rock, but most elements of independently owned media/culture.

What's your favorite album after Perfect From Now On?

This. Pussified indie actually was way better than any rock music before it was all bought up and commercialized

elliott smith and death cab for cutie started the whole pussified indie thing

those "artists" were the death rattle of rock music.

People thinks this is joke, but it's pretty accurate. There is a reason shit like dance punk was pushed so hard after 9/11. They were depoliticizing the culture.

Incorrect. it was released on Nonesuch records

>When will indie rock make a comeback?
It never went away. Get out of your house and go see a local show.

Which is Warner Bros

lmao

nigga plz, shit like Beat Happening existed for more than a decade before ES or DCC.

And Nonsesuch is owned by Warner Brothers. Fake indie.

How so?

Do you also think Pizza Hut is Taco Bell? No it's Pizza Hut.
Not relevant.

If trap is a devolution of rap like grunge was for rock, does that mean we're about to witness the genesis of the next big genre?

>Not relevant.
Extremely relevant. Kind of the point really.

>elliott smith and death cab for cutie started the whole pussified indie thing
if you want to ignore Television Personalities, Hurrah!, Biff Bang Pow, and the entire genesis of twee in the late 80s then maybe, but even then that's dubious at best

>Do you also think Pizza Hut is Taco Bell? No it's Pizza Hut.
b8 or moron?

Not really. If they were the same label, it's just say WB, not Nonesuch.
Not an argument.

Nonesuch records is not an independent label.

Not sure how someone is arguing that it is.

The point of Indie Rock was INDEPENDENCE. It was literally the defining element of the genre you moronic blowhard.

That's a really simplified view. Music development won't play out the same way as the last 100 years. There aren't many more genres to develop.

They did.

Wilco made the album themselves without label involvement. Are you retarded?

do you think that makes Pizza Hut an independent restaurant?
because that's what you're implying with your analogy

The thing that fucked over indie music is that they ran out of ideas and just switch to electronic. Just look at the most generic groups like Wye Oak, Other Lives and David Bazan.

>do you think that makes Pizza Hut an independent restaurant?
Strawman
>because that's what you're implying with your analogy
No, you are implying that one label with a distribution deal from another is the same company.

it's not. I'm really sorry you don't know how it works, don't take it out on me.

You seem to be struggling with understanding what indie rock was.

Records released by billion dollar corporations, where by definition and inherent concept, NOT INDIE ROCK.

>talking authoritatively about stuff you're completely unfamiliar with

that's my Sup Forums

ive forgotten more about music than you'll ever know

>Records released by billion dollar corporations
Nonsuch doesn't make a billion dollars. Are you retarded?

>Strawman
lmao
>you are implying that one label with a distribution deal from another is the same company
there has been one person that has said that. the point isn't whether it's the same company, it's whether it is independent or not, and being under such a large parent company means that it isn't an independent record company

that wasn't really a strawman.

its your fault for making a fucktarded analogy

2020 will be thhthe time of post-psychedelic noiserockkscreencap this p ost

what's next? the black keys are "indie" because they're on nonesuch, a Warner music label?

i swear the people on this board are fucking retarded

>that wasn't really a strawman.
You weren't misrepresenting my argument?

Read it again.

>its your fault for making a fucktarded analogy
Don't be too upset that you've been proven wrong.
I don't think you understand what indie rock is

That dude is baiting I think. His argument is basically

>Delta blues doesn't have to come from Mississippi

retard-tier

>When will indie rock make a comeback?
it never left

Black keys aren't indie rock.

your argument doesn't make any sense at all. the pizza hut/taco bell thing made you look like an idiot.

nonesuch is not an independent label

this isn't up for discussion

no one cared about those bands tho

Kek.

more $Warner Music Group$

neither is wilco

also yes, death cab for cutie and elliott smith streamlined pussified indie and were major contributors in ending rock music. don't think you're knowledgeable because you know about K records. that shit was a nonfactor that reached a tiny audience. it was shambolic and punk like.

>the pizza hut/taco bell thing made you look like an idiot.
Oh you just don't understand what I'm referencing I see.
>nonesuch is not an independent label
Not relevant
Pic related

melody (i.e. the craft of songwriting and arrangement) taking a backseat to rhythm is the reason "rock" music is in the shitter

>neither is wilco

>Oh you just don't understand what I'm referencing I see.
you're referencing two corporate companies owned by a larger corporation. so yeah, you're an idiot and hurt your own argument with that analogy.

feel free to leave this thread if you're unwilling to concede. it's a good thing you don't use a tripcode.

Wikipedia isn't a credible source retard
did you not graduate highschool?

This guy knows what's up.

>quoting wikipedia
lmao
also, this clown think independent is a genre lol

>you're referencing two corporate companies owned by a larger corporation
Correct, Like WB Recrods and Nonseuch, both owned by Access Industries. They are still two separate entities though, independent of eachother.
There are citations for both contained on the wiki. Did you graduate college?

The fact that someone is trying to claim corporate beer commercial faggot garbage like the black keys as "indie rock" shows you how detached and far removed kids these days are from what "indie rock" actually was.

I feel bad for you.

>citations what's that?
Also
>this clown think independent is a genre lol
Nice goalpost shifting
See I didn't claim anything. Just showing a fact.

>screenshots the Wikipedia page
>didn't link the citations instead
again did you graduate highschool?

>>didn't link the citations instead
You can clearly see the citations in my caps. They are the numbers contained within brackets.

Glad I could be of some help.

Trash thread

>still doesn't link the citations to backup his claims

>doesn't think indie is a genre
>thinks that labels aren't important in determining whether something is independent or not
so what actually is your argument then? how is Wilco an indie band if indie isn't a genre and they aren't on an independent label?

>>doesn't think indie is a genre
It's not. its a release method and DIY ethic.
>thinks that labels aren't important in determining whether something is independent or not
What's even more important is how the artist made the album -- which was independent. They were dropped form their label, so they finished the album as an unsigned INDIE band.

Please research before you discuss things

so why don't you like "indie" rap?

>so they finished the album as an unsigned INDIE band
They were still with a major record label when they recorded and produced the album though. The label just wouldn't release it so they streamed it by themselves. Your argument is weak.

>Your argument is weak.
They have literally been releaing indie albums (on their own label dBpm Records) for the last decade.

Try again.