Did Yami lose this duel on purpose?

Did Yami lose this duel on purpose?

I have trouble believing Yugi of all people could beat him. He was the King of Games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3ggoyqXmU
youtu.be/9KSGUVcNfZM
youtube.com/watch?v=iSrrMRF_0F0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the fuck is he wearing a belt around his neck?

It's a BDSM thing

Yugi knew Atem better than anyone else. It's not that surprising.

But Yami was the King of Games.

This. Also, he believed in the heart of the cards OP did you even watch the show?

The pharaoh wanted to go home, so he didn't cheat as much as usual.

Also Yugi's deck was still strong.

It rubbed off on Yugi. Also, this

He is laterally the perfect fuccboi
he is made of pure sex and cute

It's so the chain didn't burn his skin

Yugi was a great duelist even without the Pharaoh. It just so happened that he got scared easily and left every major duel up to him because he was a pussy.

No. Yugi was there for every duel and knew Atem's deck and how to counter it. For example, using Slifer's second mouth was a tactic that Atem used to defeat Slifer before and Yugi just reused it.

Atem had the same deck he always used. Yugi created a counter deck from scratch.

>laterally

But what about longitudinally?

Why didn't Joey win more? Nigger had time wizard.

Remember that time the girl Yugi liked went on a date with the Pharaoh? Remember when he changed back into his normal self, and she told him to switch back to the Pharaoh? Yugi's cuckshed is literally his own body.

Yes. Yugi is nothing without him.

You realize that 90% of the time in all seasons of this show, they design the cards AFTER they write the scenes.

>Okay so let's have Yugi win on turn X to fit the time budget
>Gotta increase the tension though so let's have Yami pull out something big on turn Y
>Maybe have Yugi wipe the board at some point
>Good idea. By the way my nephew is really into legos. Let's give some toy-themed cards to Yugi and have the card guys make up some effects for them.
>etc. etc.

Plot demands he lose.

Fucking Christ, yeah, that's what I always disliked about Tea. You could tell she was thirsty for Egyptian dick, and didn't want anything to do with the manlet Yugi.

Yugi probably didn't face on his opponents because of how emasculated he felt all the time.

Dude probably suffered from depression too.

He had a rough life.

Did he ever fucked Mai?

Lol

He wasn't allowed to move on to the afterlife if he threw the duel. Yugi is just that good.

He won enough considering he kept having to fight cheaters

Yami>Yugi

That was such bullshit, can't the guy have his moment? Nooo, fuckin Yami comes in to steal his thunder

JUST

What

I had fun with xyz, but this just looks ridiculous.

He kept losing at the beginning, but got progressively better. I remember watching YugiOh GX and holding some interest, but the characters were pretty shit.

This actually makes me want to rewatch YugiOh

Did they ever explain what happened to his parents?

I remember when I had Summoned Skull.

He was good because he had 2500 attack, and only required one sacrifice.

>Good idea. By the way my nephew is really into
I'm pretty sure the only time this has ever been applied is DRAGONS. Otherwise, everything else is thematic and symbolic. And if it's not that, it's reader submitted.

This is making me feel old

That nigger isn't even holding the card on the far left. It's just floating in the air.

He got cucked by an Aussie.

>Did they ever explain what happened to his parents?
His mom is in the comic and lives with him and his granddad. His Dad I don't even fucking know.

Apparently they have a new version of the old show.

I wonder if there's a dub.

Ah alright, his parents are never shown in the show.

By the way, Manga is superior.

This is true

I had one of the early, early volumes.

Yugi killed a man by burning him alive.

Who cares? they're both humongous cheaters.

It always is. But watching anime is comfier.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3ggoyqXmU

I only watched the first series
Are the other ones any good?

definitely. Wish they stuck with making new games every encounter though.

He had it coming

youtu.be/9KSGUVcNfZM

No.

>not liking Yu Gi Oh DMX

youtube.com/watch?v=iSrrMRF_0F0

Wtf they all look like anime characters

The other series are stronger in BUY OUR CARDS, but they do have some fun in them.

I love the original more because it's not so much about the card game, but rather it's like a love letter to games in general.

yeah, there is a reason I often kept rereading the first volume just because Yugi didn't give a fuck. There is a reason all the other Egyptian spirits that possess other people's bodies are evil as fuck, in the show Atem was portrayed to be good from the start.

It's an HD remaster.

But there was a new movie this year that wasn't a crossover and a straight up sequel to the show.

new yugioh

Is it a reboot or HD? I never finished GX, I think I stopped when they introduced the Aster character, and I never bothered with the motorcycle guy.

I preferred GX over the original series

jesus dude you are just playing a card. Don't pretend like those holograms actually hurt you

what a waste of time after the initial monster animation. why the fuck do they need to dedicate a handful of seconds to each person hitting the ground and losing all their LP

General rule of thumb is that if you have no cards in your hands at the end of the turn, it's probably going to be it for you.

Actually the new series uses "Hard Light" so that they can jump everywhere and use the entire field.

would be so funny if there was one character that is an absolute tourneyfag and doesn't give a shit about hologram animations and every time someone announces an attack like that they just stand still and don't move an inch because it's just a virtual projection.

>Solid Vision are interactive holographic projections. Seto Kaiba used this phenomenon to create holographic monsters in order to recreate the Experience of Death Penalty Game and enhance games, including Duel Monsters, Dungeon Dice Monsters and Capsule Monster Chess.

The fuck, Kaiba

So this little shit.

>I never bothered with the motorcycle guy.

You should, it was actually pretty cool. I mean, yeah, still Yu-Gi-Oh, but the story basically revolves around a split society with anyone who isn't elite made to live in slums. The main character gets branded on his face very early on because he was caught in the elite part of the city.

>it's a the first turn takes two seasons to resolve and the player wins in that turn episode

pretty sure most of this duel was written by one guy before the anime ever got around to it

It's so he doesn't turn into a habanero pepper

The background is fine but Yuusei is pretty fucking boring otherwise. He's way too stoic.

Looks like pokemon

the anime messed up this duel anyway
by having Atem use all three of his god cards but never activating Obelisks effects

GX was so much better just because of the quality of the supporting characters

Yeah Jaden is a complete Mary Sue but characters like Chazz, Zane, Aster Phoenix and Jesse Anderson just felt so much more fleshed out and crucial to the plot than Yugi's posse IMO

Because Yugi was the one who actually knew how to play the game, Yami simply relied on his magic super luck

He lost fair and square even with the god cards and his ability to draw whatever he wanted. Yugi used a deck unknown for Atem and made to destroy Atem tactics.
In the new yugioh movie, Yugi is so damn OP he defeats Kaiba and Agami without a problem.
Also if Atem tried to surrender, not fight with everything or go easy on yugi the ritual would fail and he wouldn't be able to go to the afterlife

Atem pls.

All I remember from this show was the final battle with the white haired guy and one episode where they played on like a big boardgame board with dice

Half true. 5D is decent until episode 64 then it goes to shit. And aki/akiza gets cucked by a robot and yusei's bike

Jesse is perfection
But I agree about the fact Yusei is so damn dull

can't keep their horribly animated horseshit on their side of the fence.
Fuck off.

So Yu-Gi-Oh became pokemon and pokemon is becoming digimon...what's Digimon becoming?

I think once they got off Pegasus' island, the other characters actually started to matter. I remember Kaiba's younger brother actually had a decent role when they were stuck on Kaiba island too.

Here's an episode (not recent, but still the current season) of Pokemon

More recent episode with the Ash-Greninja synchro evolution

Why did they turn Pokemon into Naruto?

What the fuck was Marik's problem? That boy ain't right.

Well the starter of the past generation was literally a ninja frog, but they improved the animation from the clusterfuck that was Best Wishes.

I miss when Yugioh Abridged used to be good.

Pissed about being forced to guard a tomb for his entire life and getting a painful tattoo all over his back

pendulum summons are so damn fun

I stopped watching after the Noah shit I didn't even realize there were 2 more arcs after that

Yokai watch

I actually play ygo pro on my phone on the train to work sometimes. The new rules are weird but I just put it on the classic setting. Toonworld master race.

It's a magic card and a monster at the same time.

3 more.
Dartz and the weird "nordic" mythology season.
The lame flower tournament
And then the surprisingly competant Bakura/Ancient egypt plot

What arc was that?

Put down the gun get rid of the lighter.
He didn't burn him to death, he just disarmed him temporarily.
Stupid Yugi.

Someone doesn't know how Death Penalty Games work

>it's a let's halt the momentum of the Battle City finals for a whole season with some VR mind prison bullshit episode

Thanks grandpa

>Pokemon now has animation miles ahead of One Piece

Goddammit Toei stop being so fucking cheap.

>flower tournament
what was that? Didn't it go from the atlantis stuff straight to the egypt plot?