Jackie Chan: 'Warcraft' Success in China "Scares the Americans"

hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackie-chan-warcraft-success-china-901868

>""If we make a film that earns [$1.5 billion], then people from all over the world who study film will learn Chinese instead of us learning English," the action star said during the Shanghai Film Festival. "

How good is your Mandarin user?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3440781/A-multilingual-mogul-training-Ivanka-Trump-s-four-year-old-daughter-Arabella-serenades-family-Mandarin-ring-Chinese-New-Year.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EBRafrCvUuc
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
variety.com/2016/film/news/wanda-legendary-buy-china-1201678463/
boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2016&p=.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't he just get caught dodging his taxes?
Why aren't the commies executing him?

oh jackie.

Except Warcraft is an American movie. Nobody globally gives a fuck what happens in the Chinese domestic market, same as with Bollywood.

IF is the operative word here.

>A film made by americans succeeding scares americans

What the fuck is this retarded slant saying

he's right, thats why every film the world over is only made in english; just to pander to americans

Good

FUCK Hollywood

shut up you stupid chink

Same reason his son wasn't executed for being a drug dealer, Jackie has worked very hard for the communist party and he has contacts on the high spheres

What a dumb stupid man

>Chinese
>Making films

>If we make a film that earns [$1.5 billion]
That's a big if, Bruce Lee...

all the commies are corrupt

you get executed if you don't have friends and jackie chan has tons of those

literally has nothing to do with justice or equality

LITTLE YELLOW DICKS

time to deport the chink

I never would have thought he was such a scumbag

lol... all these poor anons in denial of reality.

Hollywood blockbusters already do a huge amount to pander to the Chinese market, and that trend is not going to stop.

Me Chinese

Me play joke

Me put pee pee in your coke

>you should be scared that chinks and euros are soulless consumers of american garbage

Stupid user here thinks he is talking about "Warcraft" specifically and not the overall state of the movies where it is increasingly going to Chinese - both in the business side (for example Wanda buying Legendary Picture and other firms partnering with major Hollywood studios) and talent wise (where Chinese actors will be in Hollywood movies).

He is absolutely right because Hollywood does cater to Chinese marketplace and will increasingly do so in the future.

I don't get it, Warcraft was made by the Chinese?

It's pretty clear our children will be learning some sort of Chinese in school, China's economy is accelerating at a super fast pace and with their large population it's only a matter of time before they're dominant

For someone who owes his success to America, he's pretty ungrateful

Can't wait for the Army Dog remake for Chinese audiences where his entire platoon gets eaten

Warcraft gonna make dat money

Has he always been an ultra-patriotic communist lackey, incapable on being critical toward his iconoclastic dictator party? Judging by his actions in his personal, he also seems to be a rather unpleasant person.

>learning some sort of Chinese in school

Ivanka Trump is making her children learn Mandarin
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3440781/A-multilingual-mogul-training-Ivanka-Trump-s-four-year-old-daughter-Arabella-serenades-family-Mandarin-ring-Chinese-New-Year.html

Chinese is too hard, they'll just learn English.

Chinese is literally the most retarded language.

English is straight forward, actually has an alphabet and there is logic in the creation of words.

Chinks are literally retarded.

Why do the Chinese have such terrible taste in movies?

it took some research (IMDB is now 100% shill) but it's a Legendary Pictures co production with Blizzard that filmed in Canada.

Canada is the tipoff. Probably a lot of chink money from individual investors.

Still, it's a western movie. Don't quite know what Jackie Slant is on about.

>Chinese creativity

lol

Even for generic summer blockbusters, there's a minimum amount of soul and human spirit involved. Chinks are soulless ants, they can't design anything by themselves.

Warcraft doing well in China doesn't mean that they're going to take over the world, it just means that Hollywood has an easily exploitable market in which they can leverage shitty films that didn't sell well in more human parts of the world.

Yes and they pay to watch it. Mr Sparkles seems to think that his fellow Chinamen Chinamen will be able to mimic this success by making their own film. But no one wants to watch good shit.

>Learning a tonal language like Mandarin

Literally a fucking nightmare. Even something like Russian would be easier for a native speaker of English to learn.

their taste in movies pales in comparison with their taste in nearly every other area:
> music is dominated by lugubrious balads
> architecture makes cities look like public lavatories
> style varies between 1990s Korean twink to old man in wifebeater and flipflops.

truly the worst race. (nigs aren't human)

This from a country where that awful new Star Wars movie where it was a scene-by-scene remake of the original Star Wars made almost $1 billion.

>Legendary Pictures
Haven't you heard, user? They are a chinese studio now

Vae Victis.

Dong, where is my automobile?

im not sure if I trust anyone who uses the term 'lugubrious' casually

Jackie Chan narc'd on his son's marijuana possession to the CCP, he is nothing more than a propaganda tool for them at this point. he drank the kool-aid

Americans can't even learn spanish

>Ratting out family just for a small amount of weed

This is correct. Google's AIs could make art with more originality and humanity than a Chinese.

>American movie subtitled in Chinese makes $1.5 billion in China
>Everyone is going to learn Chinese now

Yeah, okay.

Barack Obama does not care about Asian people

What is it exactly with all these foreign fucks who seemed so chill for years, suddenly coming out all "DEATH TO AMERICA"?

All this tells me is that it's been one slow yet deliberate conspiracy to erode the US, and they're all choking hard in the final act because this Trump business is throwing them for a loop, undoing all their work.

He's batshit senile if he's serious.
Love ya Jackie.

>Barack Obama does not care about Asian people

except his mom married an Asian guy
he lived in an Asian country with an Asian stepfather for his entire youth
he lived in Hawaii (majority-Asian state) for his teeanger years
his sister is married to a Chinese guy

>China's economy is accelerating at a super fast pace

It's slowing down a lot. Economically, they're entering rough waters.

>and with their large population it's only a matter of time before they're dominant

Nah, they're in trouble demographically due to 1 child policy. In the long run, they'll become more dominant in global culture, but in the long run we're all dead.

Jackie Chan doesn't even know english.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBRafrCvUuc

jackie is a meme actor

I hope Jet Li remains pure.

Jackie Chan is literally retarded.

No one is going to learn Chinese.

>some dumb whore is making her children learn some dumb language

Trump did a good thing by marrying whores outside of the country but they are just as dumb as americans.

>they're in trouble demographically due to 1 child policy
They cancelled that some time ago I think

English will always be supreme for an international language. limited character, no dialect, no tonal inflections, simple grammar that even if you fuck it up still has meaning.

It's what airports use globally. I think if people learn chinese it'll just be a show thing,not a real thing.

see
Does the daughter of the future President of the US count?

yeah after rush hour 3 he learned it. he was pretty sure he didn't need t learn english, he knows better now.

It was a joke about Kanye west saying George Bush didn't care about black people. Or whatever that incident was.

>movie
>made in America
>by Americans
>for American profits
>does well in China
>meaning American companies profited off of this entirely aside from the money the Chinese government raked off on the side to have it be there and not interfere with Chinese propaganda

Meanwhile no Chinese """"company""""" could produce a competent movie since it would have to exude propaganda and not appeal to anyone else.

Oh, Jackie. You so crazy with your blatant senility.

dude at this time of year, no one knows any reference before 2010.

most of them were like 10 when that happened, and didn't watch the news.

China is going to collapse in on itself.
India is the true super power of the future.
Once they learn how to poo in the loo they will be unstoppable.

>he lived in an Asian country with an Asian stepfather for his entire youth

>4 years is your entire youth

What do you think he's talking about?

You just took his point...

>Jackie Chan is calling on Chinese people to buy tickets of Warcrafts
>a movie which is purely or largely American from conceptualization to execution
>a movie that is heavily animated and has no stunts or choreography

Nothing you say will reduce your place in my heart Jackie. Nothing.

It was very recent, it's still being phased out, and it's essentially too late. There won't be a population boom now since China has the same negative demographic pressure as the First World.

If their movie wins they win

Legendary is a Chinese puppet company. It was made by them.

>(((Ivanka)))

I wanna pound his boipussy so hard

>Mandarin

Never ever.

shhhhh don't tell the fool this, he thinks it's about movie production that's going on in china.... as opposed to china should start producing movies like this and import them to USA.

China actually has been making some good films recently. I just watched the Fall of Ming two weeks ago and it was surprisingly pretty good, the opening scene in that was Private Ryanish. Their long as fuck series are enjoyable as well, like the Three Kingdoms.

He's holding a Singaporean passport now right? Singapore has been on pretty chill terms with the west or at least has lesser of a hateboner than China. Also Jet Li himself has been considerably scandal free since forever.

Legendary Pictures is owned by China.

I don't know why everyone's suddenly getting triggered by a Chinese man being proud of being Chinese.

Also, China is basically the only reason WoW is still running and why Warcraft and other movies that got a lukewarm response in America (see Pacific Rim) would get sequels at this point.

And he's right when he says Hollywood didn't give a shit about the Chinese market until just recently. In terms of theater audiences, they're set to overtake the US market within the next 5 years.

This isn't exactly news, people.

>Even for generic summer blockbusters, there's a minimum amount of soul and human spirit involved.
Go watch any Marvel Marvel movie.

Puppet company in the sense that some wealthy Chinese businessmen hold controlling shares of the company. It's still entirely in the US. How does this "scare" anybody in America?

Legendary will never produce a major work in China, nor will a major work in China be produced primarily in Mandarin and then exported around the world because of former points.

Jackie was drunk or senile.

hollywood has been designing movies for asian audiences for a minute now, this is nothing new. Michael Bay was an early adopter of that trend with transformers.

also jackie's a legend: youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

the chinese should be gassed

That is until their bubble pops

Legendary hasn't exactly been producing good works lately either. Not like their previous titles were amazing but still.

Just because Legendary is owned by Chinese businessmen doesn't change the fact it's still primarily in 'murrica. It's quickly becoming Lionsgate-tier in it's quality.

lol

>movie
>made in America
>by Americans
>for Chinese profits

Fixed. It's amazing how everyone is behind the times on this.

variety.com/2016/film/news/wanda-legendary-buy-china-1201678463/

>The transaction, for about $3.5 billion, gives the Chinese conglomerate control of the production and financing operation behind Hollywood blockbusters such as “300,” “The Dark Knight” and “The Hangover” films. More importantly, it is the most obvious bow by a U.S. content generator to the power of Chinese capital and the tractor-beam allure of the fast-expanding Chinese market.

S U B H U M A N
U
B
H
U
M
A
N

i'm not triggered by a chink being proud of being a chink. i just don't like chinks

>Just because Legendary is owned by Chinese businessmen doesn't change the fact it's still primarily in 'murrica.

If you say so.

TOP 10 Movies so far in 2016 by worldwide box office
boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2016&p=.htm

3 out of the 10 are Chinese productions (Mermaid, Monster Hunt, and Kung Fu Panda 3 which was a joint US/China production). If you go the TOP 20, 7 of the 20 are Chinese productions (if you count Warcraft as a Chinese-produced movie since Legendary is owned by Wanda)

damn that video reminded me why i love that man

Great green-text points but please point me in the direction of links where those movies were filmed in China and were for Chinese profit entirely.

A few Chinese owning a company based in America does not equate to an idea of a Chinese version of Bollywood which is what I'm trying to guess Jackie is implying here.

The Juden fear Fu Manchu

That already happened. Their economy is slowing down but not enough to derail their trajectory. And at 6+% growth, they're certainly not collapsing anytime soon.

You must be Indian or something if you try to bring up Bollywood to compare it to China because it isnt even close to the $$$ that China brings (see for the hard figures).

>ITT: Sup Forumstards begin to feel the steel of their chinese overlords' collar and deal with futile lashing out
top kek desu
>americans

The next few years are filled with enough guaranteed bombs to put Hollywood studios in a desperate enough position to sell to Chinese companies, and by extension the Chinese government. Out of the major studios, maybe Sony and Disney are safe, one because of Japan's policies and the other because they're fucking Disney. I could see Comcast unloading Universal very soon though, with many Legendary-sized production houses following.

>I don't know why everyone's suddenly getting triggered by a Chinese man being proud of being Chinese.

Because pride isn't necessarily intrinsically good and you can have it for stupid reasons? Saying he likes being chinese because movies are going to let them take over the world just sounds stupid.

>Wanda chairman Wang has shown his willingness to do more than talk: In 2012, Wanda purchased AMC, North America’s second largest theater chain, for $2.6 billion. And on Jan. 12 in Beijing, Wang boasted in a joint announcement with Tull that the acquisition had made his company “the highest revenue-generating film company in the world.”

>Some analysts initially described the AMC deal as a vanity acquisition, but it turned out to be just plain old good business: The market value of Wang’s stake quickly doubled. Now, some experts believe the latest Wanda investment might spur other Chinese companies. Stanley Rosen, a USC political science professor and expert on the Chinese entertainment industry, predicted the Legendary deal will move Jack Ma, executive chairman of digital merchandising juggernaut Alibaba, to try to complete a Hollywood deal, which he has been very publicly coveting for more than a year.

>Mermaid
>Monster Hunt
>Kung Fu Panda 3

Kung Fu Panda 3 is the only one on that list that probably made money. It wasn't made in China and depended heavily on studios in America.

Again, a few Chinese businessmen owning shit that barely makes money does not equate to China taking over Hollywood and everyone is "scared" about it.

>Nobody globally gives a fuck what happens in the Chinese domestic market