Jane the Virgin

Why are you not watching this?

Hard mode
>you can't play the "it's for normies" card
>Don't get pissy about politics (big ask, I know)
>Try to realize that it's meant to be lighthearted
Honestly though, it's comfy, funny, light, just a great show in general and doesn't force any messages down your throat. The theme of it being a spoof of telenovellas makes it pretty charming too.

Since when was ask a noun, retard?

Because I'm not a 13 year old girl that watches this kind of shit?

Fuck off CW marketing team.

I can play whatever card I want, normie scum.

>I know literally nothing about the show
>Lol pregnant woman must be for women!! xD

too much relationship drama.its inspired by telenovelas so idk what i expected.

Read a dictionary sometime moron

Does she have hairy arms? If not, I'm not watching this shit.

I should have added no shitposting to the list it seems.
It's funny, what it takes for something to be taken seriously. It has to seem conventional enough to not be "edgy" but unconventional enough to not be "for normies". Anything else literally has no chance and it's sad. This is legitimately a high quality, fun show with good writing.
Oh sorry, it's mass appeal so it can't cater to Sup Forums's obsessive standards.

I watch. It's cute. BUT, too much product placement (Simon & Schuster).

Fair enough. I personally enjoy the emotion of the show. It gives it a good energy and the family dynamic is believable, without straying into "teenage girl" territory.

Seinfeld was also mass appeal and everyone loves it, fuck off shill.

I'm not interested, but Gina Rodriguez is beautiful.

> pregnant woman must be for women
But it is? Women like those stories, men usually don't. I don't see the issue.

Really? I've not noticed a single example but maybe the products are less obvious to someone who's not from the US. It is cute. It's just a very comfy show in general.

I just looked her up to see if she has hairy arms and of course she waxes everything, but she has cutting scars on her left arm. What a dumb whore.

watched it. its shit

Oh, I agree. But when she was about to get a book contract with S&S, I looked it up and they are owned by the same company as the CW. I was kind of irritated because she did this whole "OMG, the greatest publisher in the world!" thing. But I still like her and the show.

9 times out of 10 Sup Forums is going to hate anything mass appeal like this show. Seinfield is quite an exception. Jane the Virgin is mass appeal while also being about a pregnant latino, based on a telenovella. The show doesn't have a chance to be taken seriously here regardless of how well made it actually is.

>lowest rated television show on network cable
>a beaner ripoff show like ugly betty
>the cast is browntown
>it's on the CW

Does that cover everything?

okay

Well that's fair enough but it doesn't need to be ridiculed, or underestimated. I am a man who has watched this series and it's only when you get into it that you see that there's more to it than "aw muh feels and emotions, aw, pregnant women, hormones". That's only a catalyst for the story while tying into complex relationships and family dynamics.

Are you the same piece of shit who shilled the Jew girlfriend or whatever the fuck that musical bullshit was called?

>it's comfy
Your argument and opinion is invalid.

Easy mode.
>She's a shitskin bean, I won't watch it.

>lowest rated television show on network cable
Both series are critically acclaimed
>a beaner ripoff show like ugly betty
confirmed hasn't watched a single episode
>the cast is browntown
:^) le obligatory racism
I should have included "talk about the fucking show" on the list.

shitposting on Sup Forums is fun, isn't it.

OP you might be gay. Go to your local gay club and ask for help.
Look out for Muslims.

My sexuality is irrelevant. The show is well made, Sup Forums cannot criticize it beyond using buzzwords or memes. Rather than, you know, talking about the show.
>le brown people!!!
>ugly betty ripoff
>low ratings
>for normies
fucking hell, this board is called Sup Forums right? Let's talk about T.V then instead of shitposting, hard as that may be.

>My sexuality is irrelevant.
lol faggot

Definitely better than most of the shit on other network shows (Shondaland trash, Dick wolf procedural crap, superhero crap on ABC,CW,Netflix)
Was pleasantly surprised by it.

it is faggot

>tfw if I'd have incorporated a meme into that sentence, you wouldn't have replied
and they call this board Sup Forums

No one gives a shit about your shitty ass shit woman's show. If you want to be a gaylord and watch it great but don't go around trying to force others to validate your faggy viewing habits.

Is "it" your preferred pronoun?

Man, why are you vehemently defending a telenovela spoof on the television section of a Japanese cartoon imageboard? You're replying to ever post passionately arguing for this show... how did your life come to this?

I'm not forcing anyone. I'm just trying to understand why Sup Forums will tolerate capeshit and got and not something less conventional. People judge stuff like this way too much on a surface level, as you are. I'm only trying to have a discussion here. You can get mad about your precious board culture not being adhered to if you want though.

He gets paid to shill this and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Validation.
Homo McButtfuck is insecure about the show he watches and wants someone. Anyone to amen his actions. Notice none of the post that are positive about the show have no reply because he's samefagging.

How did your life come to shitting in threads about shows you haven't watched because of your preconceived biases? :^)
Shouldn't you be making meme threads kekking and s m hing in /got/ generals?

It's 3 am and I felt like going on Sup Forums.
If this were got or capeshit I would not get any sort of reply like this.
Again, I simply wanted to discuss this without it snowballing into memes and shitposting, obviously Sup Forums isn't above that. And that's FINE, I expect no less from any part of Sup Forums, it's no big deal to me. I'm just here to see what I can get. Call the police.

>Are you the same piece of shit who shilled the Jew girlfriend or whatever the fuck that musical bullshit was called?
Answer this faggot.

I hope they draft you next year because your defense is topnotch

Mindless cynicism, one of Sup Forums's finest traits. You help uphold this board's lovely culture.

I've seen the show, it's just your average run of the mill cw comedy, mindy project tier, bit less funny than new girl, whatever. don't think it requires this level of dedication or anger

>guys give this show a chance
>no
>FUCK YOU FAGGOTS YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF CAPESHIT NERD WAAAAAAH
That's you. That's how obnoxious you are.

Why are you fucking here?
If you have the "board culture" then why don't you fuck off to somewhere else?

probably because its cheaply made and not funny

>Gets called obnoxious when defending against people literally spewing buzzwords, memes and anti-criticism
yeah, that's so obnoxious of me.
I have no iddue with people like they've simply watched the show and don't like it, fair enough.
But let's imagine if this show had a larger following here. The shitposters, the ones I'm shitposting to in reposnse with capeshit insults, would get BTFO quite quickly because there'd be people here trying to actually discuss the show, instead of throwing mindless insults and cynicism. But as one of only about six people here liking the show, I'm inevitably going to come off as obnoxious when all I'm doing is playing with the shitposters.

ive dated a few latinas and they are the most obnoxiously self-assured dipshits on the planet...

...so i don't want to watch a show that has a bunch of them. anyone with any experience with latina/hispanic/mexican/whatever bitches will know what i'm talking about.

oh and when they're not calling you "stupid" because you "didn't load the dishwasher right" (and insisted on never showing me "the right way" and just laughed like a fucking bitch) they are amping it up into full "crazy fucking cunt mode"

Who said anything about me having the board culture? I specifically said that guy was upholding Sup Forums's culture of mindless cynicism.

i'm not a teenage girl

I doubt that.

Fair enough. But I do think you might change your mind if you gave it a try. The characters in general are actually very likable.

No one gives a shit. Shut up.

Do you work for CW or something? The man said he wasn't interested yet you still want to tell him to give it a try.
God you're annoying.

You'd think it would be a show for teenage girls. It obviously can be. I mean it's about a pregnant latina. But there's more to the show than that, it's more about the actual plot, centered around a crime ring, of course the more immediate theme of family is big too but that makes it interesting and gives the show depth.

She's ugly.
Cleft chin and crossed eyes. No thanks.

I don't watch television, sorry. I don't even watch films anymore. I've just been coming to this place since 2009, to shitpost.

>waaa waaa he replied civilly to someone

Are those male or female goats?

>Why are you not watching this?
Because I never heard of it, that title card doesn't interest me and your overly defensive OP suggests that at heart you don't think much of this show either.

The show's entertainment is actually centered around the lead's attractiveness.

She's not a virgin if she's positive
The end

So it's a fantasy show? Because bitch if an uggo.
Probably fat too.
How many "I'm so fat but love to eat" jokes are in there?

Literally none.

It's difficult to not come off as defensive when basically everyone's attacking you for trying to discuss something. Am I expected to take it like a bitch? I'd rather have some fun if no one's going to take this seriously.

>lets a doctor fingerblast her
>still pretends to be a virgin
lmao

>everyone's attacking you for trying to discuss something. Am I expected to take it like a bitch?
You started the conversation on the defensive. No one said a word to you. You weren't taking a thing.

>I am a man
By the standards of today, yes you are.

Needs to stop removing her:

arm hair, including shoulders, knuckles, hands
armpit hair
leg hair, including thighs, upper and inner, as well as feet and toes
ass hair
nipple hair
belly hair no matter how far up it goes
mustache and other facial hair

and maybe I'll watch it then.

So it's defensive to try and tune out shitposters?
As far as I'm aware using "hard mode" or "why are you/are you not" is not defensive.
Yeah, I'm an idiot for thinking Sup Forums would ever be satisfied with not shitposting about the show, or making superficial judgments. Hey, I tried.

You seem to know enough about this board
If anything you are the shitposter here. You're trying to force other people to be nice and stop not liking what you like.
Give it a rest.

>So it's defensive to try and tune out shitposters?
Tune out means ignore. That's the opposite of what you did. You created opponents in your own mind and started arguing with them before they appeared.
>As far as I'm aware using "hard mode" or "why are you/are you not" is not defensive.
It is the way you did it.
>I'm an idiot for thinking Sup Forums would ever be satisfied with not shitposting about the show
I think we were all quite satisfied before you got here.

>If anything you are the shitposter here
>Trying to start a reasonable discussion about something makes you a shitposter

>You're trying to force other people to be nice and stop not liking what you like.
Nah. I was literally trying to have a discussion here without mindless cynicism or shitposting. I accept that people dislike the show, but it's funny how people like you will ignore any thing that comes my way that's obviously shitposting, but when I shitpost in response, it's met with criticism. Like how are you even defending this? It's a matter of being reasonable vs. shitposting. Sup Forums IS capable of the former, but it's somehow unacceptable to want that if the thing you're discussing is something that's hated or is unconventional.

Maybe it's because you're a dull faggot who doesn't even understand shitposting? It's not something everyone gets, and some people, like you, are just annoying cunts who appear as unfunny tardmeisters when they attempt it.

>Tune out means ignore. That's the opposite of what you did. You created opponents in your own mind and started arguing with them before they appeared.
Please. I didn't create any opponents. Introduction or not, the thread would be infested with cynicism and shitposting regardless.
>It is the way you did it.
And do you realize why it's defensive the way I did it? Because I'm using it for a show which would never be liked in the first place here. If this was a got thread we would not have a thread like this right now. Shitposting is a common thing, to try and filter it in the way I have CAN work, but has no real chance with something like JtV.

>Why are you not watching this?
Because I've never fucking heard of it until this thread and you sound like an obnoxious cunt so I'd rather avoid watching it just to spite you, regardless of any merit the show might have.

There's your hard mode you son of a bitch.

le cynicism
Why don't you go post on reddit about this show and be gay there?

So basically it's okay to shitpost but as soon as the opposition tries to do anything in defense or does something reasonable, they're cancer?
Admit it. You like a hated show. You try and have a discussion. You get shat on. You defend yourself against shitposters? Yiu get shat on. You shitpost against it? You're fuggen amazing.

>le reddit meme
nice attempt to sidestep the fact that what I'm saying is true.

>Introduction or not, the thread would be infested with cynicism and shitposting regardless.
Certainly that's common here, but what you did was call it forth.
>And do you realize why it's defensive the way I did it?
Because you're defensive about this show for some reason.
>Because I'm using it for a show which would never be liked in the first place here.
I don't know what could have happened to you. You're here. You like the show. Why are stamping your feet about all the people you expect not to like it?
>If this was a got thread we would not have a thread like this right now.
I assure you if you wrote a passive aggressive OP like yours about got there'd be lots of negative comments directed at the show and at your person. Or you'd just get a couple "go back to your general" and the thread would 404 in 20 mins.
>to try and filter it in the way I have CAN work
No, it can't. The only filter you have is the one in your perception. Can you ignore the demons nipping at your ankles and discuss a show you enjoy with others that enjoy it?

No one gives a shit about what you have to say.
Go away.

>tfw Rose was Susanna all the damn time...
Based

So how much lesbian kissing does bridget regan do in this show? is there any lewd lesbian panty action?

this and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are my two favorite shows on tv
people who don't give them a chance are mostly faggots who watch GoT and The Flash and say that has good writing
people are the worst
but she's a gem, won a Golden Globe and actually deserved it
it's actually one of the funniest shows on tv

>I assure you if you wrote a passive aggressive OP like yours about got there'd be lots of negative comments directed at the show and at your person. Or you'd just get a couple "go back to your general" and the thread would 404 in 20 mins.
Well then it's obviously my mistake. I've seen this sort of thread type work before, I guess a show like this has no hope regardless.
I don't know what could have happened to you. >You're here. You like the show. Why are stamping your feet about all the people you expect not to like it?
Where exactly have I stamped my feet? People seem to think that reasoning with others = getting mad and overly defensive.
The only hints of aggression in my posts are those directed at shitposters. I see no issue in responding in an equally immature way to them, but I suppose the problem is that it makes you look overly defensive.
At the end of the day I attempted something here and it failed utterly and completely. Someone said I understood this board's culture. Perhaps if I really did I could have had a chance at having at least SOME sort of meaningful discussion.

Alot, plus she is literally the best bad Guy of the show.

no, that's me
I'm also the iZombie intern and at least that's working

It really is a gem of a show. The humor is top notch, and the character relationships feel very believable, though at times Jane and Rafael's moments felt forced.
Not loads. There are a few scenes though. One near sex scene. Two inseminations if you're into it.

Well I'm only at the start of s.2. Is this a spoiler? Eh, I don't really care. Rose is okay but she seems a bit cliche, like the sort of villain you'd see on Ugly Betty. She's alright though.

>All of this shitposting
>Nobody's posting pics of GOAT milf Xiomara or Diane Guerrero's ass
Shame

It's okay. Certainly not on the level of iWaifu, but it's watchable

great show, one of the best right now
very consistent

This. My last 2 exes were the only Hispanics I've dated and they were both giant cunts who thought they were much hotter shit than they are.

beans give me hot shits so they were probably right.

I just don't care. This has the same problem of telenovellas, zero rewatchability, ironically even though it's spoofing soap operas. I could not watch half a season and nothing will be lost in the second half

Oh, and they were both crazy with borderline.

A young woman being a virgin is such a rare thing in America that they actually had to make a tv show about it?

There's a slew of other countries that lose their virginity before us, you obsessed neckbeard. Leave this site, then kill yourself