/weightlifting/ 11 Olympic medalists stripped for failed drug tests 8 years later

11 Olympic medalists, including 3 gold medalists, to be stripped of 2008 Olympic medals for failed retested drug tests

sltrib.com/sports/4276157-155/olympics-3-weightlifting-gold-medalists-fail

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_75_kg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_75_kg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like Ilyin is losing not one but BOTH of his Olympic golds.

Do they actually make them give the physical medal back when this shit happens? Or is it just bookkeeping?

I believe they request it back. Whether it's only words or the athlete gets in legal trouble if they don't hand it back, I'm not sure.

Why does this happen 8 years later?

Why not just test once after they qualify and once immediately after they compete?

Because you can only test for drugs you know and athletes have drugs that the testers are not aware of until a few years later.

Because they're not murrikans m8.

Just replace weightlifting with another sport in the Olympics. This sport is so fucked from doping that it has become a joke of an Olympic sport.

>people still upset about PED's

grow up you fucking children

roid rage is a myth, and steroids certainly don't kill you

Weightlifting is no more fucked up than Athletics.

Atleast the Weightlifting fanbase doesn't delude themselves into thinking any of these fuckers are clean and enjoy it for what it is. In Athletics you still have fools hero worshipping.

>mfw there were people who were actually surprised when Lance got caught

Bolt is literally the new Lance m8.

Literally every guy who has gone under 9.8 has been caught... except for Bolt.

Gatlin
Gay
Blake (JAMAICA)
Nesta (JAMAICA)
Powell (JAMAICA)

Just like how Lance was dominating all his doped up competitiors but everyone swore he was doing it clean.

They do, but it's pretty basic chemistry to disguise PEDs. They retest them because they always new altered PEDs being discovered.

The times this year were pretty big red flag lol. A quarter second off the world record.

If Bolt pissed hot do you think they would hush it up like they did for Carl Lewis? I mean if Usain gets outed as a big bad drug cheat how badly would it damage the Olympics?

They would most likely keep it a secret. Bolt is just too big of a star and he doesn't have a country that hates him as much as the French hated Lance. Now they were incredibly butthurt at how he was dominating that shitty sport.

Also the USADA was frothing at the mouth to nail him. They get big names, they get bigger budget.

>the Kirghiz kid that was already banned for doping and has the worst technique but warms up with the world record wasn't legit
no way.

>armsnap

lol who cares

they should just make doping legal. it's so fucking dumb to go back and rearrange results from 8 years ago.

How much of a deluded child do you have to be to believe anyone who medals in the olympics is clean? Unless its a total meme sport like shooting or horse jump. Id strike off anyone who thinks they are clean IRL as a complete spastic.

They'll strip every medal ever won at this point. They've gone batshit crazy.

Just found this.

Like I said, literally Lance Arnstrong.

Why do they get stripped? Why not if they're clean let them complete and move on

Its fucking stupid really that they are making a big deal out of this. Not like Weightlifting is a main event like Swimming/Athletics.

Fucking 8 years.

It's a big event in Eastern Europe and Asia.

Looks like Lydia is getting a silver to go with her new bronze.

At least he is vegan now

Could imagine if Bolt and Phelps got caught? That would kill all credibility that the IOC and the Games have. No one would take it seriously anymore and maybe no one would want to host it except third world shitholes that think it would boost their economy at all.

I use to work at one of the Olympic Training Centers when I was going to school and I overheard they had to ban an Olympic Archer from training there because he refused to pee in a cup one day after a national tournament. Thus they automatically assume he had shit in his system already.

Why do they wait so long? Are they hoping to just sweep it under the rug with normies?

Did you guys watch that Ben Johnson 30 for 30, 9.79*?

Fucking Carl Lewis man. That guy was so ruthless.

>Bolt is literally the new Lance m8.
In terms of domination, but Lance fucked over so many people to cover his tracks, which came back to bite him in the ass. The guy's a sociopath. Maybe Bolt's just as bad, but he comes across as a lot more likable.

Might not have had the tests to catch them until recently. If there's no time limit on retroactive testing, then there's going to be no clean medalists eventually.

looks rare to me m8

Does that mean the medal results change? Like if gold is stripped, do silver, bronze, and the person in 4th all move up or does the medal just stay vacant?

Would he retire if they caught him and covered it up or do you think he'd still race?

>do silver, bronze, and the person in 4th all move up
yes

She's getting gold by the looks of it. All medalists got DSQ'd lmao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_75_kg

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_75_kg

It is just business.
Almost everyone is doping. It is just the ones who are using cheaper alternatives that are genning exposed.
Just look at statistics for chems that are actually banned, especially country of origin.

Cheap drugs from eastern Europe are banned within weeks. Same drugs, with almost non-existent differences, but with 10x price tag and produced in USA/Israel take years and years to ban, if ever.

And then you have all new and "fair" system that actually allows most privileged ones to continue doping like there is no tomorrow.

Just look at all those asthmatic winter olympics countries.

Wow, I didn't know about 2012, I was looking at 2008.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlifting_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_75_kg

Now she has all three kinds of medals. Crazy how she went from sticking out for her beauty and being fortunate to win a medal to having a women's all time great resume within two weeks.

Holy crap, this means that Samoa might gets its first-ever medal at the Olympics, period. Ele Opelege in the +75kg would move up to a silver.

Honestly, it sucks that she couldn't get the glory she deserved at the Olympics themselves if this is confirmed, but it's much better than not getting a medal at all, I'm sure.

Can't wait until all of Kazakhstan of this year gets busted 4-8 years later.

two Colombian weightlifters got benefited from this and got medal. I don't think they are using more expensive alternatives than the Chinks or Slavs.

>mfw Borat has to do the funeral dance

So they can be stripped for somehing that wasn't illegal at the time they did it?

>So they can be stripped for somehing that wasn't illegal at the time they did it?

That's what I'm not getting?

Does the IOC keep a jock's piss for eight years?

If not, just say; "fuck you. I wasn't doping at the time I won."

>Bolt is just too big of a star and he doesn't have a country that hates him as much as the French hated Lance.
Wat.

France loved the fuck out of him, and he got the fucking French President to vouch for him against the USADA.

Lance was caught because the USADA are bloodhounds who'll stop at nothing to do their job. Including the French government trying to protect American athletes.
Thats great.

I think they should make doping a criminal offence. So you don't just lose your titles, you also have to go to jail

Thats just stupid.

Didnt Marion go to prison for lying in court that she never doped? That shit was sad.