Wow Miami

Nice fucking coffee table you guys got there. How many starbucks does it have inside?

Jesus christ what the fuck were you people thinking?

Miami fans were getting burned alive in the sun, this is to protect them from skin cancer.

Also better for soccer so this is GOOD

>Miami's greatest minds couldn't come up with a better way to protect people from the sun than THIS

Education in the state of Florida everybody - First in the Nation.

Sorry we not based like Califorina, but it will have to do

Hasn't the Dolphins' stadium been around for decades now? H-Has the sun gotten hotter?

DUH GLOBAL WARMIN TAKIN OUR BEACHES DAWG

FUG YEAH IT BE GETTIN HOTTER MUH FUCKA

what makes a roof "better for soccer"?

That fact that there is one usually helps out the fans.

and it's called hard rock cafe stadium or some shit. the phins are a joke

Damn the stadium looks like that

Fucking LOL
Even in concept art the fins stadium is empty af

Excuse me, I'll have you know that is the new and world famous HARD ROCK STADIUM

>soccer
>caring

What is with all of those spiraling pathways? why?
Was a broad flat canopy like that really the only way to solve the heat problem?
Couldn't the design seem a bit less... flat? Or less oppressive looking?
The steel rope/mast technology holding it up looks pretty risky desu

Maybe it's supposed to be like the spirally bits at ac Milan's ground

>american """""architecture"""""

>Florida "sports"

It's pretty weird, and I think if you were going for a beachy, Florida kind of look, you could do a lot better...

But at least it's something different than the giant glass and LED bowls everyone's building now.

>Florida

Florida guy here

those are actually minarets to reflect our diversity

come on you gotta know our owner is the most superficial owner in the NFL. He thinks the stadium "experience" will matter on the field.

But hey the stadium is infinite more beautiful then the cookie cutter stadium we had before

what the fuck, that's a pretty cool design

I understand you autists can't handle change or different things very well though

Irony is the most successful Florida team right now is a hockey team.

>panthers have won shit
>heat has won 2 titles in the last 5 years

The heat actually made it out of the first round last year. its still the fucking heat

Let's not kid ourselves here about the real reason for the design
>pic related

They say you can see the logos from space

>United Streetgrids of Americars

>NorthAmericanMosque.gif

>right now
Can't you read?
I wasn't even talking about the panthers.

The spirals make for quick exits for thousands at once. It was very common for stadiums built in the 60s 70s and 80s but has fallen out of favor since because its ugly.

>still better then the lifeless shit stadium we had before

So, Miami tax payers have to foot the bill for another empty stadium?

this stadium existed way before san siro

lol stephan ross privately footed the bill for this one. and more people will show up to dolphins/canes games then marlins games

why is there 40 miles of carparks around the stadium?

surely you yankee doodle dandys realise that it'll be easier to build a train station near the ground and just walk onto the train rather than hike for an hour across searing hot bitumen, then spend another 3 hours trying to get out of the carpark.

Only a few games a year are played in these stadiums, so it's not worth it to put them near city centers, and since they're in the outskirts and would need dedicated train lines or stations so it's easier to just build mass parking lots since everyone has a car anyway. And walk onto the train and go where? Most people also live in the suburbs nowhere near a train station.
also muh tailgating
also people drive to nfl games from tens or hundreds of miles away

we are a car based culture. Only NYC and it's surrounding metro area has a dominant train riding culture. Maybe Chicago has it a bit too. Just building a train station in the middle of nowhere is not "easier" than driving a car and would cost millions that nobody wants to spend.

A screw is an efficient shape.

lrn 2 simple machine

> What is with all of those spiraling pathways? why?

It's so Americans on scooters can roll in and out of the stands.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with this retrofit?

Stadiums are all the same desu. What makes them great is the food they sell.

So are they just putting an awning up at Pro Player or what?

>America
>trains

The Miami has virtually no rail service. There's no real center of commerce or industry. It's just a 100 mile corridor of suburbia with 5+ million people.

Joe Robbie Stadium (the original name) was built specifically because it's at a major road interchange in the middle of nowhere to facilitate traffic.

Joe Robbie Stadium's naming rights change more often than a genderfluid "person"'s pronouns

>it doesnt lok the same as everything else
>hurr du5r lets maek fun

>it looks stupid
>hurr durr don't make fun bcuz diffrint

How old are you, user? You realize that not only will you get underage b&, but mommie will probably take away your tendies.

Public transportation in this country is shit. Trains are mostly used to transport coal, cows and other shit.

american architects are good. its the owners here who are shit. The guys who developed this are american.

Taller does not equal better. This building is impressive but it's not aesthetically pleasing imo. Religious buildings, museums, good stadiums. Those are examples of good architecture.

By your logic, the stadium with the largest seating capacity would be the most architecturally superior. We all know that isn't true.

>spiral stairs are ugly
Jesus Christ Sup Forums, you have such shit taste.

worry about the zika before the sun miami kek

Why not build an indoor stadium in Miami? The locals never want to go outside and leave the air conditioning. It is disgustingly hot and humid outside in Florida.

I like it desu

those stadiums with the cutouts in the roof just make for shitty shadows on the field

just put a big tarp across those pillars

It looks like some of the euro stadiums that get posted here on occasion. I'd give it a few days to see if I like it or not

You can't hide on the bench in the wind of the fans in soccer, you have to stay on the field for 45 minutes before getting in shadow.