What's Sup Forums's opinion on the residents?

what's Sup Forums's opinion on the residents?

Other urls found in this thread:

residents.com/historical/?page=ghostofhope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That new single has me worried for their next album.

Amazing group, Eskimo and Mark of the Mole are incredible.

really need to see them live one of these days

Not Available is a masterpiece. Meet The Residents is also really really good. And Duck Stab/Buster Glen is a lot of fun.

The concept seems interesting at least. Good or bad, I'm eager to hear a trainwreck album.

>Good or bad, I'm eager to hear a trainwreck album.
I hope they'll make some sort of a comeback. I don't really want them to make a trainwreck of an album.

The album is centered around train accidents, I was making a horrible pun

residents.com/historical/?page=ghostofhope

Who here has seen their documentary?

I did, thought it was pretty great. I found the implication that the residents are any musician that wanted to work with the OG cryptic members interesting

This seems interesting. Oh, how I wish it would be a combination of Not Available and Duck Stab perhaps. But the again, not many musicians are at their creative peak in their sixties, so, let's hope that the album is worth listening to at least.

they haven't made a really really good album since demons dance alone, they need to put together another amazing record to get themselves back on the map

Not true by the way, their last 4 albums were overall consistently good.

I don't think we're ever going to get another album like the originals ever again since two (maybe three) of the original cryptic members have moved on. I would like to see them move away from the storytelling phase into something else soon though.

Fedoracore on the level of steam powered giraffe

Thank you for your valuable input and a truly original opinion.

>Oh no he insulted my autistic fedora band
>Better pretend he's shitposting

You're not funny, nor are you adding anything of value to this thread.
2/10

>What do you think of this band
>Tell OP what I think
>Y-you're not following the narrative you're not adding value

You're getting better.
2.5/10

Tell me how they aren't fedoracore

what's your favourite band ?

Time Machine Modulus :^)

All right, I'll indulge you. I'm going to assume that you haven't listened to a song song of theirs, let alone an album. They are an avant-garde band, so the obscurity is almost inevitable. They didn't want to live up to any expectations or be judged by anything other than their music and they decided not to disclose their identity until much later into their career. The music they make is more often then not a satire and a deconstruction of pop music. They have a unique sound and they've never made the same album twice. I don't understand how any of that isn't praiseworthy. In the time where everyone is cashing in on growing trends, they decided to take a different approach and stick with it. I'd recommend Not Available. It's a truly unique and gripping album. Given that you're just baiting, I think I've just wasted my time.

hey this is actually pretty good not cringe at all

All right, I'll indulge you. I'm going to assume that you haven't listened to a song song of theirs, let alone an album. They are an avant-garde band, so the obscurity is almost inevitable. They didn't want to live up to any expectations or be judged by anything other than their music and they decided not to disclose their identity until much later into their career. The music they make is more often then not a satire and a deconstruction of pop music. They have a unique sound and they've never made the same album twice. I don't understand how any of that isn't praiseworthy. In the time where everyone is cashing in on growing trends, they decided to take a different approach and stick with it. I'd recommend Not Available. It's a truly unique and gripping album. Given that you're just baiting, I think I've just wasted my time.

no please be serious. i'm just curious, as to what could be the favourite band of a residents hater. because there's no way you can dislike the residents unless you're a turbo pleb/normie.

It doesn't matter what I say, because the autist fedoralords here will say it's garbage compared to their favourite le quirky band

Just don't respond anymore.
And thank you for throwing in the nose for us and confirming that you're baiting.

>If he disagrees with me he must be baiting
Good work user

They're GROOVY!

Poseur-core

novelty band
they have a few catchy funny songs, yeah. but is that really what you want from music?

Not Available is fucking GOAT

>autistic fedora
Wow u sure r funny xD

ur right id rather listen to shit that all sounds the same

They have numerous excellent albums dum bass

average band with reddit fanbase

>>Steam Powered Giraffe
>wear masks and special clothing to become popular and famous
>>The Residents
>wear masks and special clothing to not become popular and famous
There's a reason why they hide their faces and names, you idiot

Garbage. If someone likes them you can be 99% sure you've got a poser fag on your hands that uses music for image. Usually can't play any instrument either so you know it's true

they are good but too many people pretend to like them even though they don't get what their music is about.

thus they have become overrated and overhyped. like i said they are good but at the end of the day, fairly irrelevant and not really influential. more of a niche group with a couple of solid albums.

i'd say their early stuff were pretty influential

everyone i know who knows the residents plays an instrument

Getting defensive are we?

no, but maybe im just posing

yeah i mean it's hard to say whether such a niche group that was largely ignored by mainstream media and audience during their prime, was really influential. most of these groups gained more attention during the internet age. (except hugely influential acts like for example velvet underground)

i feel like too many people don't understand what tons of these niche avantgarde groups where actually about. they just want to seem eclectic and cultured and not actually establish a genuine connection with the art. i mean it's very important that you are aware what was going on in the world at the time that they were releasing their music and art, it gives context and helps you understand and/or interpret lots of things.

moreover, why do you think that Sup Forums is basically discussing pop music 99% of the time even though the large majority of them have heard of the residents? they don't actually care to establish a connection with the art or at least try to understand what the artist was all about, generally speaking. i'm sure that there are a couple of non-philistines on Sup Forums.

Watch it, user.

WATCH IT ANONNY

user, watch it

me on the left

@70776222 (You)
@70776546 (You)
@70777026 (You)
@70777149 (You)
@70777183 (You)
@70778849 (You)
@70780436 (You)
@70780783 (You)
x^D

Who else thinks Duckstab is their best?

I think people who use words like "best" when discussing music should be stabbed with a duck.

I like them, my favourites are Not Available and Tunes of two cities. I've only heard their stuff from 70-80s though, are the newer stuff as good? I know there are quite a few albums and I've felt overwhelmed looking at them so I have not started listening to it all yet

bump

Sup Forums seems like the kind of board that would love the residents, weird how they don't talk about them very much

Love 'em.
Best thing to ever come out of Louisiana.

They used to be pretty regularly discussed. It's just that the population of this board is a revolving door, so the most of the old Sup Forumstants go out and nüSup Forumstants come in. All the new threads are due to people either just finding and exploring their catalogue or people legitimately wondering if they're the only person on this board who listens to them.

We here at Sup Forums are big fans of the residents.

I like their debut best.

>hide their names
yeah. i guess only Hardy Fox and Homer Flynn know the secret identity of these mysterious minstrelsOH NO WAIT IT'S TOTALLY THE SAME TWO GUYS THAT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FRONT AND CENTER.

AND NOW THEY SAY
THERE'S ROOM NO MORE
FOR SUCH
A FRIENDLY WHOOOORE