Last Week Tonight

What do you guys think about this segment?

youtube.com/watch?v=YS8cm3kmyWs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Examples_of_organizations_and_acts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Culwell_Center_attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

YUP. I think these guys always handle this sort of events tastefully, and with utmost grace, but others will say they're a bunch of faggots and hacks and faggot enabler baby killers or whatever...

Daily show and Colbert Report do well to pay respect without it seeming forced and robotic.

C U R R E N T
U
R
R
E
N
T

lol fuck you

leftist political tripe

What's his name again?

He did the best thing he could have done.

Going fucking apeshit over terrorism enables them

john "come on" oliver

That was handled very tastefully and completely on point.

I dread the Islamic damage control that's coming though.

That's probably the best thing he's done in quite a while.

Do people really feel sorry about this tragedy, or is it just an act?
This is like the 3rd news presenter I've seen that got choked up

Actors.
I think the whole Jon Stewart crying after September 11th thing became symbolic and so now they all try to do it "because they care so much"

These people are no more empathic than you or I. Probably less considering they're in showbusiness and their routines are to put on a facade.
It's all about appearances.

The edge is real.

not everybody is edgy nihilist jaded cynical deviantart character come to life like you

The funny thing is that the shooter was a child of privilege whose father ran for President of Afghanistan.

Do you think the shooter got Bacha Bazi'd in the first place?

>they fell for the sincerity meme

Nice try faggot. Not giving you views to tell me the current year, I have a calendar for that.

Yeah did you choke up? How about your gf or family?
Kek weak b8

>doesn't mention the shooter was Muslim

I wouldn't call it edge. Just cynicism, which in right doses isn't unhealthy.

The news should definitely be reported, but in an image-based society where people's careers are sustained by public support, choking up, or displaying exaggerated concern for an event such as the one occurred today, it shouldn't be thought of as 'edgy' to wonder if certain public personas aren't just playing up their role for effect.

I'm neither here nor there with it. Just adding my two pennies. Either way it's an unfortunate and senseless loss of life.

That's it John, don't mention the elephant in the road

>That terrorist dipshit is vastly outnumbered
1.6 billion Muslims is more than a couple dozen guys standing in line.

Things I thought about I today:
>stuff I have to do
>stuff I have to do tomorrow
>my family
>what am I going to eat?
>etc.

Things I didn't think about today:
>What was the last thing to go through some homo's mind (besides the bullet)?

They're TV people. They don't actually give a shit about us regular folk. They just act like they care to fit in.

>elephant in the road
I hate autocorrect tbqh senpai

Terrorist attacks aren't representative of Islam or Muslims

IT'S 2016

>haha guys look at me and how smart I am, i'm super cynical and depressed and nihilistic all the time so that makes me superior. yeah life is just one big charade you wouldn't understand it, just end it all hahahahah

I think it's a combo of both. They probably do care a bit, but most comedians are informally obligated to talk about it whether they want to or not.

No one cares about 50 dead floridians, but no wants to look homophobic.

Right, and I don't think that's anyone's fault--just a symptom as part of an overarching sickness permeating our culture. Celebrities and public figures of all sorts have to weigh in on topic issues whether they like to or not, and whereas some are probably sincere, others likely feel awkward, and others may appear opportunistic, we (the public) inevitably start to develop a suspicion of motivations.

It's the odd little kink in the slick cog, I guess.

religion literally created by a 5th century terrorist

>not representative

holy fuck user

Such terrible bait

Fuck off, retard.

I'm not giving that muppet a click, but when even Bernie is called for destruction of Islam, maybe its time to stop being a leftard

I get legit mad when I think about people being hunted down like animals by some piece of shit mussie

sure john oliver is chomping at the bit to talk about gun control though

Just tell me how much you cried today and I won't say it's bait

is anyone surprised when they see another us mass murder anymore

they couldnt even get any laws passed after another school shooting

Fuck off, retard.

are you crying at this very moment then?

"leftards" from Christopher Hitchens to just about every feminist have been calling for addressal of Islam for over a decade.

The characterization of "libtards" on Sup Forums probably makes you feel good, but just because some loud people are apologizing for Islam and calling themselves liberal doesn't actually mean all liberals are on board with that.

i would come on him, if u catch my drift

So you didn't cry. But John Oliver crying is authentic and not complete horseshit muh feels

> he's just a comedian!

Fuck off, retard.

>it's just the loud minority guys, trust me

Can someone just give me a quick recap of what he says?

If it's

>muh religion of peace
>muh gun control

I'm not interested

This guy is no longer relevant in 2016. Le liberal tv funnyman is a dead meme from the 00's.

>muh two thousand and sixteen

What exactly is wrong with how he handled this?

>gay latino nightclub represents the best of America

mention that it was a GAY club, don't mention it was a MUSLIM

30 people got blown up by a car-bomb in Bagdad yesterday. Including women and children.

How many tears are you shedding right now?

None? I guess you're an edgelord.

Then why did he mention that the victims were faggots?

Just another edgy manchild on Sup Forums. Nothing new. No other response is needed.

Fuck off, retard.

>there are people here who legitimately support ISIS now

This place is killing me inside

You've been BTFO.
You did get five Yous with one post though, call it a win

>no response
>get mad instead

Well, thanks for conceding your loss, I guess.

Nothing. I doubt a lot of the responses here watched the video. Insult first, watch the video after, contemplate in silence later.

This is the Sup Forums way.

Liberals are pretty scary.

So long as it's anti-white, anti-male or anti-Christian, they will support it.

a buch of faggots ded, what's the lost? it's not like gay fags can increase our population count to help out the aging population problems.

See:

since I'm not an american I heard about that on the news and was glad I live in the west

You're worth less than dirt.

Surprisingly tasteful and good.

Based Bens cartoons don't even need edits any longer

lmao no one gives a fuck about sandniggers

even a western fag is worth more than a disgusting eastern sandnigger

It's concerning that a comedy show feels the need to editorialize

Because they know it's where most young idiots turn for current events

Muhammad, the ultimate representative of Islam, would be classified as a war criminal, a terrorist, and would be tried for genocide, prejudicial hatred, bigotry, and crimes against humanity (slavery, beheading, torturing, stealing / looting, massacring innocents, warmongering, etc.)

Please educate yourself before you spout off how Islam is some kind of peaceful brotherhood or whatever fairytale reality you live in. The religion is founded on bloodshed, violence and oppression of those who opposed Muhammad and refused to convert to his cult. Is it founded on the massacre of innocents and the destruction of opposing religions ideologies. The end goal of Islam, as outlined by Muhammad himself, is to conquer the entire world, and spread its ideology in order to wipe out all others. It has no desire to peacefully co-exist.

>it's just 'satire,' bro

Liberals everyone.

Go ahead and scroll down this list, won't you. Don't worry, it might take quite some time, but I think it speaks volumes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Examples_of_organizations_and_acts

Christopher Hitchens was far from a traditional leftist, and was called an Islamophobe more than once. And that was before our current era where cucking for Muslims went into the fucking stratosphere.

The point is, there are MASSIVE social pressures put in place by certain segments of the population that keeps people from connecting these kinds of events to Islam, when they'll happily call out 'white privilege' or 'patriarchy' or Christian fundamentalists.

He's not suppprting ISIS. He's saying dead degenerates are not a major loss to the nation.

nah

not killing them enables them

letting them come into our country no questions asked enables them

not rooting out their cancerous religion for the plague on the world that is enables them

bloodbank turnouts aren't going to make up for the damage our pussified, blind, stupidly PC culture enables. And they know it. And they're laughing about it.

>Going fucking apeshit over terrorism enables them

Flooding the country with Muslim fundamentalists is what "enables" them.

>making a LE EPIC SERIOUS broadcast

I thought this was a funny comedy-show that wasn't meant to be taken seriously?

if you kill your enemies, they win

lmao

he's the only relevant talkshow host left you spaz

>le 2015 drumph man
>relevant

lmao

So am I supposed to take this seriously now or is it still just "satire"? I can't keep up with libtard doublespeak.

Protip: there are none left.

You suck dick ya?

i don't think it is how it works in my video game
which i remind you is a very accurate depiction of real life

I hate John Oliver but I can admit he handled this pretty well, but
>dipshit terrorist
Something sounds off with this, like he's not clever enough to articulate what he wants to say better. It's like calling they guy a "wanker terrorist" or "plonker terrorist".

>its a 'youre a selective sympathiser' episode
die liberal scum

>Oliver
>relevant

To millennials, maybe.

Hosts always do a good job when it comes to these type of things.

What did he mean by this?

What does 'millennial' even mean at this point beyond 'somebody I don't like'?

I got a little choked up when he started to get the most heart-felt

you're right, we should kill all white people so they can't become school or theater shooters

I find it hard to believe people who post here aren't millenials. They would have to be 36+

>pretending he cared about terrorist attacks in Paris

are there still people who don't realize this guy is just a troll?

>Going fucking apeshit over terrorism enables them
also doing nothing enables them. Inviting them in enables them.

The only thing that really stops them is being armed. That's why Garland didnt make national headlines last year.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Culwell_Center_attack
>Texas town has a Draw mohammed contest for keks
>van full of ISIS faggots shows up armed to the teeth with AKs and other decades old russian hardware
>van door opens
>ALLAHU ACKBAR
>They dont make it 3 feet before some meter maid with a 9mm strapped to his ankle blows all four of their skulls open with zero American casualties.

that's why they only attack gun-free zones and not based Texas small towns.

You post here. How old are you?

dont judge

>muh gun control
Yeah gun control did so much to prevent what happened in Paris didn't it.

>just about every feminist
Name three.

It's detracting from the seriousness of it, when some politician says something dumb in a speech you call them a dipshit, when some nutter shoots 50 people it calls for something a bit stronger. But he had to lower the tone like that because it is after all a comedy show, gotta keep the people entertained even when talking about horrific crimes.

I would ejaculate semen on his nerdy geek face while he says in his quaint brit accent, OI MATE ITS 2016, GIVE US A CREAM PIE GUVNA!

>Texas town has a Draw mohammed contest for keks

Considering how much of Texan culture I hate, I take everything back just for this gem of a find. But why the fuck did they have that contest in the first place lol? I thought the french satirical journalist would've killed all cheeky desire. This made my day