youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl-TodL5sI
youtube.com/watch?v=t1F9KMaVOSM
youtube.com/watch?v=hnM6Ue4m46c
youtube.com/watch?v=s6G68Rh8Mak
youtube.com/watch?v=y5N38h4AybQ
youtube.com/watch?v=V-sYWaOrLdI
en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Great album, I prefer Around the fur/white pony though.

What are more good nu-metal anyway?

limp bizkit's first two albums if you take it as seriously as ween

korn's four sequels after their debut

roots by sepultra

system of a down

its kind of hard to name many, a lot were korn clones, you can also look at korn's influences like primus, nine inch nails, mr bungle/faith no more, ministry, and skinny puppy

I wouldn't say Primus is nu-metal.

primus isn't nu-metal, they were a direct influence on Korn's sound along with other four bands

Right

I agree

Deftones have always had much better lyrics though

kek

Nu-Metal has peaked around 1997-1998 with Around the Fur and Follow the Leader. After that there were no potential left in the genre.

explain this then

pretty much agree

white pony is the best deftones but it's not nu metal at all

Is 2017 the year when 90's/early 00's nu-metal becomes cool again?

I hope so.

bump with an ultra-obscure italian band that was issued on some japanese label

youtube.com/watch?v=jWGZE-GCExg

This sounds like listening to every single nu-metal band at the same time.

I wouldn't call SOAD nu-metal. They sounds more like Faith No More and Rage against the Machine than Korn or Limp Bizkit.

Korn, Life is Peachy, and Follow the Leader are Korn's shittiest albums. It's all thanks to whoever edited that mess of guitar riffs, hip hop bass slaps, high school marching band drums, and Davis yelping about rape.

The song writing started to improve around Issues when Jonathan Davis sobered up but Korn refused to drop the cheesfest lyrics. Untouchables is actually okay since the rape shit was toned down and there wasn't that horrible scat thing. There was another album that was okay I think it was Untitled but the lyrics are so shit.

The only italian nu-metal band I knew of was Linea 77. Their earlier stuff is not bad but the style was a little too indebted to Deftones.

This is good.

youtube.com/watch?v=K4MEjYXL4yQ

The only decent-to-good nu-metal:
Deftones
90s Korn
Limp Bizkit's first 2 albums
System of a Down, most of
early Slipknot
Sepultura's Roots (not exactly nu-metal, but it's often included)
S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus
Mudvayne, occasionally

Everything else is pretty much crap.

You missed Linkin Park before they went generic top 40 rock.

Here's a tune from before they got Chester Bennington into the band.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRf0VZtuFQY

wew

Video is predictably cringy, but From Zero is p good. Mudvayne was decent until Lost and Found.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl-TodL5sI

yeah, but the convergence of funk and metal (alongside numerous other details), influenced Korn to make the sound that became nu metal

All of you are plebs.

Korn had a very distinctive style compared to the rap-metal and funk-metal of the era.
But without RHCP, Faith No More, Rage Against the Machine and Primus, you probably wouldn't have had Korn.

Agreed, fantastic album

First two Deftones albums are fantastic and I've always preferred them to White Pony, Limp Bizkit's first two are solid and even Golden Cobra is fun imo, "Ultramania" by Seo Taiji is an amazing album, Slipknot's first 3 albums are all fun, "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." by Incubus is fun.

As for newer stuff I can recommend My Ticket Home's "Strangers Only", Darke Complex's new album (if you like whiny but fun Linkin Park clones).

Is Celldweller /numetal/ or nah?

youtube.com/watch?v=t1F9KMaVOSM
youtube.com/watch?v=hnM6Ue4m46c
youtube.com/watch?v=s6G68Rh8Mak
youtube.com/watch?v=y5N38h4AybQ

Was Coal Chamber good? I remember this one song only:
youtube.com/watch?v=V-sYWaOrLdI

I like Fiend too but that's it

nice argument

their lyrics are literally just meaningless esoteric bullshit that Chino Moreno shits out, there could literally be a Deftones lyric generator
>inb4 he posts the lyrics to Passenger trying to defend them

>that thumbnail
jesus christ

I know, it's terrible. Coal Chamber were always one of the most consistently terrible and derivative of all the pre-Linkin Park era/first-wave nu metal bands

Everything about the Deftones is generic as fuck.

How old are you? They certainly didn't sound generic in the 90s.

they still don't sound generic tee bee aich

what other bands out there mix shoegaze vocals with nu-metal instrumentation or general shoegaze elements with nu-metal characteristics?

2016 was that year already
this will be the year it finally goes mainstream again

if it's going to be with trap beats and autotuned vocals and token memerap artists I'd rather it stays dead

if young thug is gonna scat sing over limp bizkit's new album i'm excited for it

>and there wasn't that horrible scat thing
uh what?

it's not the same scat you're thinking about.
en wikipedia org/wiki/Scat_singing

That stupid fucking gibberish that Davis would do.

Not the poo poo.