Mastodon's New Single

but why
youtube.com/watch?v=mdxZ4YXFcpQ

Jesus it sucks so much

It's not terrible but they're capable of so much better it's absurd. I actually like The Hunter but it really was the beginning of the end for them

Just awful, post-CTS Mastodon is a pathetic shadow of its former self

Their two newest albums had some pretty decent songs, but you're right about that.

The Hunter is a prog masterpiece compared to this.

This song is good you fucking nerds.

Wtf I hate Mastodon now. How can you go from Oblivion to this garbage. Everything went sour from The Hunter onwards, but this takes the fucking cake

100% radio buttrock. I don't get how people have defended all their latest stuff.

Atleast when a band like Dillinger Escape Plan did more pop-rock stuff they still sounded like DEP.

this

it really is a letdown. sultan's curse was a good single, following that up with this is disappointing. literal dadrock

LOL at the music nerds not liking new Mastadong. You're all pathetic. Give me another opinion so I have one to shit on and one to cover it up with?

>this was recorded down the street from my house
>I could have stopped it and didn't

What happened? This is worse than anything on their last two albums.

I liked Sultan's Curse, but I'm really not gone on this song at all

They got too lazy to play proggy, 10min+ songs live. So now they only write short pop rock in order to make performing live as easy as possible.

I know. It hurts though. They used to be so good. Now they write radio trash and sell their own signed equipment and merchant in eBay for 4 times what it's worth.

Merch on*

Same

Sultan's Curse was amazing. Like an heavier CtC

This is everything that made the worst songs on The Hunter times 10

>they will never release another Leviathan

end me

>he thinks that mediocrity touches Skye or once more round the sun

Wew

or blood mountain*

cool art

didn't like the guitar solo, other than that tithe song was fine

i hated the hunter at first and now i've accepted for what it is

this is just a continuation of that sound first sludge then prog now pop

if this was radiohead people would be jumping on their dicks... lol especially now that they sound like coldplay just a couple of threads bashed radiohead

anyone else here sultan's curse sounded like they had parts of seabeast in it?