Has Duncan Jones done an interview or made any comments since finding out Warcraft was badly received by critics and...

Has Duncan Jones done an interview or made any comments since finding out Warcraft was badly received by critics and likely won't do well at the box office? Or is he just hiding from the world? I really want to know what he has to say now since being so exceptionally vocal about how good the film was prior to its release.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/manmademoon?lang=es
youtube.com/watch?v=lyblkxGJB68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shucks! No replies at all? Darn it. I'm real curious about this.

What about comments from any of the cast, writers, producers, etc?

Rob Kazinsky said he doesn't understand the hate it's getting in the US. He says that while he doesn't think it's a perfect movie, people who watched it told him that the movie was an 8/10 and higher, and not 1/10.

I think the content of the movie was good, but it was poorly acted (the humans, mostly) and poorly edited which triggers critics a lot more than it triggers ordinary cinema goers.

Was the Vikings guy good? I remember them bringing him out at Blizzcon a few years ago and the crowd realy not giving a shit at all.

Legendary Studios just got bought by the Chinese not long ago. The hollywood jews aren't happy about the chinese horning in on their turf.

I'm sure its more than a passing conversation in the national security sector as well...as for the interlink between those two monsters...well, its always been tight. I'm sure they both think they have their hands on the leash...the real question is who's right

>Hasnt done well at box office
Its the highest rated movie ever in China right now

>a director who has spent 3 years making a movie claims its "just a movie"
Yeah i doubt that
Warcraft means so much to him

Jew studios vs Chinese studios who will win? Jews are making every attempt to pan the movie atm.

>chill out, its just a movie

so odd for someone whose life is making movies to say this.

Source?

No idea why. Is it because American Hollywood only want remakes and hate anything new?

They are idiots

>stop being so buttblasted on the internet user, go see my movie or get the fuck out

But its true. Why is every American reviewer writing bad about it?

Yet a movie like Sharknado gets 82% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Something is up

I really fucking hope Mute doesn't die for Warcraft's sins

Most of the critics I listen too, have given it a passing grade, saying that it's by no means horrible but has a few big flaws hampering it.

I think the problem is that reviewers are herd animals. When a particularly influential critic says something is bad, all his toadies will dogpile on it.

And video game adaptations? There's probably at least a little bias going into that.

I saw it and liked it.

Half orc was weird though. Didn't even know that was a thing.

Orcs should be genocided to be honest.

his character was bland, his acting was bland - cant decide whether its his or script's fault

on the other hand, dominic cooper and paula patton are horrible

well yeah rexxar was a huge character in TFT and he was half orc

But how is she half Orc if they just very recently made contact with humans? I didn't understand that.

Almost like an unneeded thing to try and push the whole "forbidden love" thing movie makers love.

Wasn't terrible or anything was just wondering why that was

There are a lot of races besides orcs and humans in WC universe.

She even says I'm neither Orc nor human, implying she's a mixture of both.

I heard they made Garona Medivh's daughter in the film. Is that true? She was his lover in previous cannon.

>But how is she half Orc if they just very recently made contact with humans? I didn't understand that.
That's something that always fucked around in Blizard Lore. Originally the time between the 1st and 2nd war was much longer, which gave enough time for a human-orc rape baby to mature. Then Blizzard made the time between 1st and 2nd war much shorter without addressing Garona's parentage, just shrugging it off.

THEN (in a book) Medivh says that Draenor must have "humans or something close"
THEN they said she was half orc, half Draenei and just happened to look half human (lol).
THEN they made her half orc half human again and she was ages quickly by Fel Magic (A wizard did it defense).
I haven't seen the film, so I couldn't say what she is now.

what a fucking bro

the studio is trying to avoid another Sad Affleck meme.

they're actively denying us our memes, guys

More just problems with condensing a lot of lore into a 2 hour movie type thing but yeah it was kinda a big plot hole when this is supposed to be the first time they've met. I know the Alliance sends a scout team in in the lore but that might be Burning Crusade stuff that I'm mixing in timewise.

That scouting party was ater the 2nd war. They send a group consisting of Turyalon, Alleria, Khadgar and a dwarf to close the portal from the other side.

>I heard they made Garona Medivh's daughter in the film.

Medivh kind of implies it. There's a scene where she talks about how she is having trouble finding acceptance in either culture and Medivh answers by telling a vague story of him traveling to another world and finding a woman of another race that accepted him as he was. Garona asks about him leaving her alone, and he doesn't answer.

I wouldn't have any problem with this retcon. Garona because it clears up the timeline issue if she's half-human and makes it easier to explain compared to her only thinking she's half-human but actually being half-draenei.

Also, no Med'an. That's a huge upside.

i don't care for the movie but i feel bad for him, i enjoyed moon and he seems like a nice guy.

Medivh is not her father, he does mentioning traveling the world and finding love and it makes it sound like it may happen but then it doesn't.

Don't. He's rich, talented and succesful.

Dude, he was at the cutting room. He directed this shit. He knows exactly how embarrassingly bad it is, he doesn't need to hear it from critics or audiences.

>Why is every American reviewer writing bad about it?
Because the movie is terrible, get a grip.

Saw it and loved it, the effects were pretty dope, don't understand the hate.

I hope this faggit now kills himself.

I was expecting to hate the thing to bits and was pleasantly surprised. I give it a 4... out of 5.
You should all go see it with your friends before h8in.

Just saw it in the theaters, loved it. Best fantasy movie in ages.

Not a warcraft fan, I thought it was pretty neat. Can't understand why all the hate.

There's a rift between the two worlds before Gul'dan makes the portal and he was scouting it. There's also concept art of Medivh and Gul'dan together next to the portal.

Standard big studio contracts all have a clause that the director has to promote the movie.

You forgot to turn off the trip my friend

Whoosh.

>you

>The hollywood jews aren't happy about the chinese horning in on their turf.
/thread

Good job.

Ayy, what a bad movie, very unlike the quality Disney (tm) products.

His "brooding warrior" character works better on his show than it did in this movie.

>u can't say anything bad about le movie or ur a shill XD
That's a neat defence mechanism there. Are you a rape victim?

>The Mermaid

>Are you a rape victim?

yes, son

With his wife getting cancer at the start of the film, his dad dying of cancer shortly before its release, three years invested into rewriting what he called a cliched script, plus making a movie he went above and beyond to express how proud he was of, how much he loves being the one to build this world, and how excited he is to turn it into his Dark Knight franchise, I highly doubt it's just a movie to him.

Holy fuck... I feel so bad for him

>dominic cooper and paula patton are horrible
People saying Garona was a highlight really baffles me. Several weak performances to be sure, but her's was the worst imo and it's not even close.

All the other actors created a character, even if that character didn't work, but her acting was CW tier generic.

you shouldn't. its what happens when you sell your soul.

Yeah, the thing this board needs right now is another director offering "profound" insight as to why his film is actually good and why it's disappointing critics "didn't get it".

If you watch him talk about it before its release, it REALLY doesn't sound like he does.

I just watched an interview where he flat out says he wants to follow Nolan's career path by making smaller indie movies on the side, with this being his big budget mainstream franchise; and that he wouldn't be interested in working on a Star Wars film, because he wants to keep being the first to create the film world of Warcraft.

So, no, I doubt he knew it was bad.

TOPKEK
O
P
K
E
K

It's doing well financially. Enough to warrant sequels.

if he talks badly about or intimates in any way the movie is shit, he forfeits his fee.

boilerplate contract.

It's too soon to say that even with its success overseas. It reportedly needs 500 mil to break even. So it needs to more than double its opening week to not be a loss, and pretty much triple it to bring in a decent profit.

it only made 11 million in china on sunday

they staggered the release so hard so each opening weekend could imitate regular revenue, when in reality its completely fallen off in every market after only a week.

its over.

NOOOOOOOOOO

;_;

So this is how capeshit wins... with thunderous applause

really? worse than Khadgar's? because I can't think of a worse performance I've seen in a big movie in fucking years than that shitshow. Garona's was at least passable to me.

500 million? Have you been listening to Hollywood accountants? There's hardly any promotion. At most another 50 million on top of production costs.

To me, yeah.

I think Khadgar's actor didn't fit the role. He played sort of a goofy, comic relief, butt of the jokes, character that becomes a hero or whatever. Idk, it didn't fit into the epic scale of the movie, the character wasn't well done, but the acting wasn't bad in the way Garona's was IMO.

To me Garona was stale and seemed like she was reading a script. It felt like she was trying to act the whole movie.

>It's too soon to say that even with its success overseas. It reportedly needs 500 mil to break even. So it needs to more than double its opening week to not be a loss, and pretty much triple it to bring in a decent profit.

Most of these sources pulled numbers out of their asses, . For example, they completely ignored tax return .

If you actually read what the critics have said, you'll notice they just feel the story isn't deep enough and that the movie is 100% fanservice because they didn't really know what was going on. They are also sick of fantasy movies.

The rest of the world loves Warcraft, it's only Murrica that shits on it.

Source?

It's doing better (well?) financially in other markets, but are critics in other countries giving it better reviews? Where can those reviews be found?

I really liked it tbqh.

Anyone going in expecting a revolutionary experience was setting themselves up for disappointment or intended to shit on it from the beginning (likely the latter). It's a fantasy flick based on a video game with B actors at best, and considering that, it turned out really well. The CG was top notch with the exception of dwarves, which were hardly in it at all, and they stayed true to the story and games to an astounding degree. Stormwind was a 1:1 copy, Ironforge/Dun Morogh looked like it was ripped from the game, etc. It wasn't perfect by any measure, but it is definitely getting an unwarranted amount of hate.

I liked him, but I haven't seen vikings. I hear others think he sounds too similar to his role there, but it doesn't bother me of course.

I loved Medivh, liked Lothar, disliked Khadgar.
Garona was alright I guess.

>I love warcraft
>therefore I am going to heavily rewrite the warcraft movie
>because I don't love warcraft, I think it is cliche and dumb

Blizzard entertainment never acknowledge failure OP.

In the movie Medivh used magic to get to Draenor and banged an orc.

In warcraft 1 it takes like 20 years after the orcs arrive for Llane to die, so she could've been a rapebaby.

>There's also concept art of Medivh and Gul'dan together next to the portal.
>you will never take a photo of medivh and gul'dan as they smile and make peace signs next to the portal and other dumb playful gestures

This was such a comfy movie to me.

Actually she's half Draenei. That her who thought she was half human even if that makes absolutely no sense.

It makes even less sense in the movie that she's half human.

But friendly reminder that the warcraft story has been rewritten and retconned so many times that it's just a giant pile of garbage by now.

>it's real
>it's a stickied one
twitter.com/manmademoon?lang=es

>The hollywood jews aren't happy about the chinese horning in on their turf

He is right (no racism).

I just don't understand how a movie does so much right and so much wrong at the same time it's mind boggling. There's a lot to like and yet they gave haters so much ammo.
>Spellchucker
>Smallties
>Black queen, white brother, white son
>Medivh looking like the 40 year old dirty virgin hippie gamer everyone thinks Warcraft fans are

>it only made 11 million in china on sunday

I feel bad for him, but at least the neckbeards sucking off this flick are now gone.

>similar movies tab
>all flops

>It's a fantasy flick based on a video game with B actors
You're acting like it didn't cost 160 million dollars.

>Bowie died for this

youtube.com/watch?v=lyblkxGJB68

so I guess OP doesn't follow his twitter, which basically comments on the film or retweets something every 2 seconds

wtf was that interview

>Father was an absolute legend, constantly changing and innovating and trying new things

>Son is every dime a dozen white guy you see at tech meetups and video game cons, with glasses beard and le nerdy t-shirt

I'm embarrassed for Bowie, quite frankly

Holy shit. Who the fuck was that asshole interviewer?

How are you gonna attack someone on how they do their job when you come off as such a shithead interviewer?

>fucker even changed his own name
Retard.

Next time you post, try to make some semblance of sense.

His real name is Zowie Bowie.

If only Bowie actually fucked a qt looking woman instead of Angie then Duncan would have had top tier genetics

dude... you really think David Bowie was his real name?
Think before you write.

David Robert Jones was David Bowie's real name, so you see his son didnt change his name.

Not that guy, but Bowie's actual name was David Jones, he changed it to avoid confusion with Davey Jones of The Monkees