*mumble mumble* horse head *mumble mumble* family *mumble mumble* don

>*mumble mumble* horse head *mumble mumble* family *mumble mumble* don
ITT: terrible films that everybody pretends to like because cineaste street cred commands it

What am I supposed to do with this bait?

You don't have to pretend here.
This is a safe space.

The Deer Hunter

1/3 of it is the stupid wedding
and de niro just pops out and back in to vietnam with no explanation

it's terrible. it's 3 hours of terrible.

This whole board is locked in a constant and infinite battle between people who actually want to discuss movies and people who put memes before everything else.

Reminder that Brando was a hack fraud.

b8

That proves nothing. What you see when you watch the movie is all of the proof.

That's my mind, user. That's my mind!

>mfw the plebfilter works

that don't mean a thing.

>this thread and a thread on how fun Warcraft is exist at the same time

The Witch was a shit poor film but every time you try to explain why your whole argument is ignored and you just get "OH SORRY DID IT NOT HAVE ENOUGH JUMP SCARES FOR YOU?!"

It was a bad movie that would have been ten times better if every scene that actually showed/alluded to a witch had been removed and if the end had cut out before she wandered into the woods.

It still makes me mad that people fellate that poorly made piece of trash.

>it's a 'edgy teen hates popular and highly acclaimed films' episode

So you'd rather the old Italian guys to yell nonstop?

The Russian Roulette scenes are still kino though.

>"Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of foreign cinema"

the godfather was pure kino

Absolutely correct

>hack fraud
>doesn't even need to remember his lines to kill them
I don't think you know what "hack" or "fraud" means.

How has this not been posted yet? In fact add half of Hackovsky's work to this.

I hated Godfather but Stalker is in my personal Top 10.

you are the definition of trying way too hard
but you'll grow up, I'm sure

>no plot
>why is he seeing aboriginals in his vision?
>muh car chase
>feminist road
>Max gets only like 5 lines to say
>Max isnt the main character
>first 5 minutes was the best thing about this mediocore trash

How can you not like The Godfather? It's so fucking cool and it can be enjoyed by both novices and aficionados. Please, explain what you didn't like.

Get out

A good film poses existential questions, challenges your world view and ideally makes you ponder your own life for weeks.

What existential question does "The Godfather" submit? None, at least not to me.
"The Godfather" just informed the viewer blatantly. It might as well be a documentary. If you read anything about the Mafia previous to watching it, "The Godfather" is a waste of time.

Actually good films:
* Stalker (Tarkovsky)
* Lessons of Darkness (Herzog)
* Lost Highway (Lynch)

>no plot

How is this bad? There's no plot when you visit the grand canyon, it's pure spectacle. You're probably not very smart and therefore need your hand to be held in order to understand something.

>why is he seeing aboriginals in his vision?

See: You're probably not very smart

>muh car chase

Car chases are exciting for those of us who aren't sticks in the mud.

>feminist road

You might be an actual misogynist if you get triggered by female protagonists. Fucking pussy

>Max gets only like 5 lines to say
>Max isnt the main character

You don't understand the Mad Max universe. You haven't watched the other films.

>first 5 minutes was the best thing about this mediocore trash

See: Stick in the mud

Addendum:
Ironically Lessons of Darkness _is_ a documentary, albeit with faux commentary in the second party, that provokes more questions than "The Godfather"

>A good film poses existential questions
Study philosophy instead, you huge pleb.

I already did.
BSc in mathematics with a minor in Philosophy.

>A good film poses existential questions, challenges your world view and ideally makes you ponder your own life for weeks

How did you reach this conclusion?

Hello to you. I'm the Governor of Florida.

>A good film poses existential questions, challenges your world view and ideally makes you ponder your own life for weeks.

That is an incredibly narrow and stupid view of what constitutes a good film but you're free to hold that opinion.

By being too pleb to study actual subjects, to the point where watching a few hours of visual entertainment is routinely enough to make him reevaluate his worldview.

I agree that the pseudo-intellectualism on this board is perfectly captured in his post and that the people like him should go read some philosophy, but he's right to some extent.

We can all read Wittgenstein to death, but at some point just reading the text isn't enough. The work can lose its initial magic and we can be left feeling that there's nothing left to be gained. A movie incorporated with the philosophy can provide a fresh lens on the tired material. This gives us an opportunity to flesh out points we might have overlooked while reading.

I liked the wedding scenes because they reminded me of my grandparents who grew up in an ethnic neighborhood like that. It feels like a historical record of muh heritage. I wouldnt want to sit through watching them again, though.

Also, I want to whine about how they live in PA and take a trip into the mountains and are suddenly in the fucking Cascades with glaciers and shit.

>He didn't think the roulette scenes are GOAT

This would've been great if every scene was half as long.

>A good film poses existential questions
kys asap, you don't have a right to 02

I unironically love the magnificence of The Godfather but I pretend not to in order to look cool before my neckbeard Sup Forums friends.

I always thought Godfather was shit, never bothered with the next 2.
It probably didn't help that I watched this masterpiece beforehand so I had high expectations.

because people are too pleb to have read the book which is infinitely better

amazing cinematography though

>insulting people just to make your point

Looks like it was you who got triggered

Thus or the edgy teen audience.

He's right though, none of your criticisms are legitimate.

Why the fuck should a film have to be some philosophical tripe to be good? You sound like a pretentious fuck.

>addendum

literally fucking murder yourself you subhuman piece of fucking dog shit.

Ingmar Bergman films.

Truffaut movies suck.
Tarkovsky's Solaris sucks.
Kurosawa's movies SUCK!

everything by Quentin Tarantino

literally edgemaster - the movies.

this

Most European movies about mundane stuff or a depressive character focused movie SUCKS SOOOOO BAD!! No matter how they move the camera it still SUCKS!

Kurosawa is the ultimate answer to this.

Every faggot tries to sneak one of his snorefests into their lists to seem "credible".

Why do those people praise him for being good at russian roulette?

How can someone be good at russian roulette?

whole film is garbage. can't hear a thing, never goes anywhere (under the guise of being 'character driven')

i recut Deer Hunter down to 80 minutes for a highschool project
every one i showed it to loved it
i'd put it up on youtube but i don't want to get sued

i cut out the entire wedding, kept them exiting the plant and going hunting though

>muh familia
>muh power
>muh control
>muh Italy
>muh respect
>muh lasagna
>muh drugs

How can anyone take this shit seriously?

>A bunch of people hanging out in Casablanca doing nothing and some romance it's impossible to care about.

Such classic masterpiece 10/10 kinoma

>not appreciating the best action movie of the century

Sup Forums doesn't like Godfather

Never change you millennial plebs

How does it feel to have shit taste? Millennials just can't stand a slow story that builds characters because it doesn't exist anymore nowadays.

>Millennials just can't stand a slow story that builds characters because it doesn't exist anymore nowadays.

You can't argue that in a world where people marathon shows like Mad Men and Bloodline.