Can Sup Forums agree on their top 5 point guards in the modern era?

Can Sup Forums agree on their top 5 point guards in the modern era?

Why is Wall in that image over CP3?

Just a random Google image user. Whos your top 5?

Curry
Westbrook
Paul
Wall
Lillard
Honorable mentions: Lowry and (I know he's a headcase but he's still good) Rondo

Literally none of those players are legit point guards. Just a bunch of manlet chuckers that play at PG since nobody uses playmakers at the PG position and guards just camp out at the arc and shoot threes. Welcome to the modern NBA.

Wall and westbrook are both willing and fantastic passers

>westbrick
>passing PG

nope, he's a SG chucker playing at PG

wall is closer to a legit PG since he drives and penetrates more than the others but he's still score first rather than pass first.

1. Chris Paul
2. Steph Curry
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Kyrie Irving
5. John Wall

I think Curry's ridiculous team makes him look better than he actually is, and the opposite for CP3. When Curry got injured, his team won two playoff series without him. When CP3 got injured, his team didn't win a single playoff game without him.

Also, CP3 and Wall are the only legit point guards in the top 5. Curry, Irving, and Westbrook chuck way more than they pass.

The guards both shoot a lot and hold on to the ball for passing, they all have very very high usage rates and that allows them to do both things very well

It's archaic and asinine to want a "pure" point guard because tons of scoring has to be done by guards in the modern nba

> its a people pretend like Westbrook isn't a great playmaker episode

1. Deron Williams

Rest are Irrelevant

>they aren't legit pointguards
Get with the times faggot

>Kyrie over Wall

w/o Lebron, Kyrie has been consistently thrashed by Wall, and has never made the playoffs.

>inb4 Kyrie outscored Wall numerous times
Wall is a pass-first PG

You're probably right, I would take Wall over Irving if I was picking a superstar to build around. I'm only high on Irving and low on Wall right now because Irving is coming off his best season and Wall is coming off one of his worst. I think Wall will be ahead of Irving again on my list by the end of next season.

If we're talking about those who actual play the PG position properly, it's Paul and then a pretty big gap. Wall is good, but the others are more opportunistic scorers (very good ones at that) who use the PG position to facilitate their own interests.

Chris Paul
Westbrook
Curry
Lillard
Kyrie

What do you mean by "modern era"

best PGs in the league right now

Top 2 are CP3 and Deron, of course. I watch Jazz vs Hornets every time just to see this matchup.

>tfw the nets killed D-Will

That entire franchise deserves death

>point guards era
>post a bunch of pleby ass light skin bitch ass pussy niggas
>any of those have as many rings as Tony Parker
>those guys COMBINED don't have as many as Parker
>those guys COMBINED AND THEN DOUBLED don't have more rings than Tony.

TONY PARKER THE REAL NIGGER.