Can anime be Kino?

Can anime be Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AWnCWnCWjVzNsE
youtube.com/watch?v=AWnCWjVzNsE
youtube.com/watch?v=XzK42SI48RQ
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Evangelion, Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Legend of the Overfiend.

Akira, Ninja Scroll, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion are all kino

I KNOW, I KNOW I'VE LET YOU

>Yu Yu
Nice

He's a big guy

DOWN

I'VE BEEN A FOOL TO

>can anime be meaningless meme words

It sure can.

What did Anno mean by this?

Original anime ending is way better than this melancholy shit, was no need to make this and the rubbish remakes they are currently producing.

People irritate me.

It can if it doesn't rely on cute girls doing cute things or waifus.

While the broadcast version ending was bretty good, it didn't tie up the loose ends that were foreshadowed throughout the show. EoE is the missing piece of the evangelion story that, at the time, couldn't have been realized. I happen to think EoE was perfectly executed and wrapped up the story very well.

I agree on the rebuilds, totally unnecessary movies designed to make money by cashing in on the evangelion name

Sure but Eva was shit

EoE is the only good anime movie made

Not true.

Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll are both great action-adventure films.
Millennium Actress is the closest thing to a good anime drama that doesn't feel too anime yet makes good use of the medium.
Spirited Away, Kiki's and like half of the Ghibli output are great.
Mind Game is good.
Cowboy Bebop movie is a good sendoff to the series.

I miss when anime wasn't 99% moeblob bullshit pandering to fatass neckbeard waifufags so they buy their PVC figurines and bodypillows.

I know right, user, we need real anime like Card Captor Sakura and Seinfeld again.

Sailor moon?

sm is pure kino m8

Yes.

Not if it keeps people creating stuff like this.

The Seinfeld anime was my favorite slice of life anime.

Of course.
>pic related.

Paprika and Perfect Blue are both kino

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

ルルーシュはキノーです

correct

also pic related

MUSHISHI all the way.

God's trips confirm.

youtube.com/watch?v=AWnCWnCWjVzNsE

Shinji just killed his best friend a few episodes prior
He was very mentally unstable because of that

Lets try that again
youtube.com/watch?v=AWnCWjVzNsE

>trigun
No

of course

there's shots in the opening taken from EoE, and if you look at the preview at the end of episode 24 they use storyboards for the movie, so EoE was always intended to be part of the ending which they ended up delivering late

they complement each other quite well imo. Watching episodes 25 and 26 after EoE made me appreciate them more

>Can anime be kino?
Absolutely.
>Can Evangelion be kino?
Not a fucking chance.
It's neo-freudian garbage filled with meaningless symbolism, excessive self hatred, a fucking crayola drawings. It doesn't even deal with all of these in a manner that might be considered acceptable.

Some examples of actual anime that can be Kino:
Ashita no Joe
Texhnolyze
Berserk
Ping Pong the Animation
Bubblegum Crisis

Yes, but not that one.

>Legend of the Overfiend

>Legend of the Overfiend
youtube.com/watch?v=XzK42SI48RQ
Kino at it's finest.

>tomino apologists

gundam is shit and cliche and like a really dumb star wars. i've seen 0079 and it does have a great ending but the other 45 episodes before it don't justify it, it's still a shitty show and evangelion is very much a deconstruction whether or not you get asspained because it's a popular show. yeah, amuro ray is a similar little asshat to shinji but evangelion's entire story is about shinji, whereas amuro ray is a smaller piece in a larger story where his teenage angst is just a phase rather than the focus of the plot.

Sword of the stranger was kino as fuck

That last fight was kino/10

Evangelion is "holy fuck I blew the budget way too fast, let me pull some bullshit out of my ass. btw what's a character arc?"

No

No as even the so-called "great" ones do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

Back then shows like CCS would be made for little girls, now it's made for greasy neckbeard otakufags.

I liked Genocyber for how fucked up it was.

But I hate kids with psychic powers.

>Tips with great vigor
Uncited author? I'd be embarassed of this scribbling of falsehoods as well.

Yes.

The prime example being JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, the most kino animation to ever grace this earth.

cat soup, innit

Tomino has made very influential works, but there's no denying he's a mediocre director at best. Name any of his renowned contemporaries and their track record is much better. 0079 is much more than "dumb star wars", though, let's not be disingenuous.

>Berserk
Get the fuck out of here you shitty stripper faggot pleb. Berserk's manga may be kino, but to say that the anime trumps Evangelion, the pinnacle of post-modern animation, is an exhibition of completely garbage taste.

As if liking Bubblegum Crisis wasn't enough of an indication he was a retard.

Kino is anime

Leave animekino to me!

>pinnacle of post-modernism animation
Kill yourself. Everybody knows that's utena which even anno rip off for the rebuilds along with devilman (again)

Literal Kino

I see this more as an introduction to Kino. A lot of ideas there, while presented masterfully and beautifully, are nothing new and only imitate the philosophical genius of pure kino. It's a great show, but only a gateway to good taste.

In fact, what is described in episode 25 and the first part of 26 is the thought process of the characters during EoE.
The TV channel didn't want the dark ending that Anno had in mind so rather than showing the event, he portrayed what was happening in the mind of the characters.
The second half of episode 26 is the happy ending that the channel wanted. That's why it feels forced, why Shinji goes from full depressed to optimistic in a few seconds.

>Berserk

read the manga bruh

It could also be said that the tv ending actually takes place at some point during the instrumentality of EOE as judging by the fossilization of the mass produced Evas such possibly takes place over centuries.
Shinji makes up a happy ending for himself and then later on faces the reality of the situation as we see in EOE.

>I agree on the rebuilds, totally unnecessary movies designed to make money by cashing in on the evangelion name
Unnecessary doesn't equal not good or not a valid interesting new take.
The 1978 Invasion of the body snatchers wasn't necessary as the original was fantastic but it still turned out extremely damn good, offered its own thing and ideas and some consider it to even be superior to the original.