Tfw in my 20s and have always had mild acne but the past month have been breaking out like crazy and I don't know why...

>tfw in my 20s and have always had mild acne but the past month have been breaking out like crazy and I don't know why and today it's so bad I'm not sure I wanna go outside

Music for this feeling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3LPa2VmyUyk&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ0jdSPTj_PDX1UU8snszbft&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-UFKxDq5o
youtube.com/watch?v=4GpDvupcVfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=3LPa2VmyUyk&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ0jdSPTj_PDX1UU8snszbft&index=2

hope this helps

Do you drink enough water?

>don't use any anti-acne creams or anything
>tfw practically no acne ever

Drink water and eat some green vegetables. Also, if you've been using topical products with active ingredients, try stoping for a while. That shit can do a lot more harm than help in the long run.

Also, cut down on sugar/soda, caffeine, and dairy if applicable.

>cut down on sugar/soda
fucking this. most people have no idea how much their diet affects their physical and mental health.

stop dipping your face in piles of feces

Go to a fucking dermatologist senpai.
I really wish I had done it a lot earlier

Thanks.

Yeah, always.

I've tried to notice a correlation but I don't think I have.

I was strongly considering it, but I noticed Differin was just approved for over the counter, so I bought some at Target yesterday. Fingers crossed!

Do you have a stressful job or work in the city? Are you high T?

>Are you high T?
does low T cause acne?

Does working out help? I fucking hate these blackheads on my nose that I can't pop

Normally high T does. But I believe too much estrogen does as well.

Black heads are from oil. I have them too. Exercise open the pours. I run and would recommend it. Wash your face more. Make sure your showers aren't too hot. Get a blackhead kit.

No, no stressful job, but I am sorta bummed about not having a girlfriend anymore. I was also starting to break out towards the end of our relationship, when I was less happy, so I do wonder if slight depression is causing it - I broke out a lot 2 years ago under somewhat similar circumstances when I was also sorta depressed because I had no girlfriend (and never had one) and was lonely. But, I dunno.

>Are you high T?
I doubt it since I can barely grow facial hair.

just the extractor or does the glue method work too?

so she breaks up and u break out? :DD

If only all my acne was blackheads. I love blackheads, they are so hard to notice and so easy to get rid of, and even after you get rid of them a minute later and it's like it was never there.

Note that that stuff on your nose typically isn't blackheads by the way, if you've got a bunch

dilated pores then?

No I think they're called sebaceous filaments or something. FWIW I have used BHA, AHA, and benzoyl peroxide, none of it has had any effect on them. Beware of physical means of extraction because that can cause scarring and they'll just come right back

I'm on differin (OTC, thank you FDA) now, not for the nose stuff, but I'm putting it on my nose just out of curiosity, it'll be interesting to see if it has any effect

I've never heard of the glue method. I'm not an expert on the stuff. I'd say google it. Make sure you're doing it right or you could fuck up your pours.
There is a good chance that your condition is stress related, but do you live in a city? Air pollution can have a big effect.

I used to have really bad acne as a sophomore in college and never left because of it.

I listened to a lot of pic related at the time and didn't kill myself so I guess it worked?

you should leave your house OP, just go on a walk by yourself so you don't have to talk to anyone. you'll be glad if you did

also don't be afraid to get accutane

>There is a good chance that your condition is stress related, but do you live in a city? Air pollution can have a big effect.
I don't. Also, for most of last year my acne was fine and I was living in the same place.

;^)

Interestingly enough she started breaking out around the same time

>tfw woman can take birthcontrol and/or wear coverup to cure/hide their acne while men can't take birthcontrol and if they wore coverup their reputation would be destroyed forever

>if they wore coverup their reputation would be destroyed forever
no it wouldn't
no one cares

Ah. Yeah probably stress. Listen to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-UFKxDq5o

I had this exact same thing last month and I'm 26. Get a good cleanser like Cetaphil, and good moisturizer, clean face twice a day, use moisturizer after, and STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE. Cut down sugars in diet. See a dermatologist too. I've used all kinds of antibiotics to kill acne, and it always came back. A good cleaning routine is the most important thing, so when/if you feel a new painful zit rising its ugly head, it will go away without leaving a scar. I use benzoyl peroxide that I rub on my skin after applying moisturizer.

>believing this
If people found out (they would) it would be like if they found out you slept with an anime body pillow and go to furry conventions. they might talk to you. but they would feel embarrassed for you

nice trips tho

>tfw acne has been mostly non existent for the past few months but in the last two weeks my eczema has broken out worse than it ever has before in my life and I think it's probably a cutaneous yeast infection caused by using a new corticosteroid ointment that my dermatologist gave me that fucked up my immune system
I've been eating fucking cloves of garlic in every meal and trying to cut down on sugar. Taking benadryl every few hours helps to calm down the itching but it always comes back at night and gets fucking terrible.
tfw been unemployed and out of college for a month and have to look for jobs but i can't focus on shit when i start compulsively scratching and ruining my skin all day

youtube.com/watch?v=4GpDvupcVfk

I developed bad acne at age 21 that lasted about 2 years. I got rid of it by cutting out all topical creams/cleansers/soaps and only washing my face once a day GENTLY with nothing but lukewarm water.

Topical products (otc and prescription) work temporarily but in my experience they do more damage over the long run.

Overwashing is bad, especially if you use hot water.

I'm of the opinion that shit like benzoyl peroxide and salycylic acid help your current acne (until your skin develops a tolerance to it) but will cause you to break out more in the future. I too cured my breakouts for good once I broke the cycle and stopped using them.

Facial skin is really sensitive. Water is all you need.