Witch House

What the fuck is the deal with this genre.

I was abroad in 2012 when it was everywhere, then came home to find it was gone

There's a few absolute gems from it, what's being recorded these days, if anything?

I heard White Ring and Salem were still active but that's about it.

Starter pack for those unfamiliar:

youtube.com/watch?v=pEbCrQxjfQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=1nejAPcxROI
youtube.com/watch?v=_sGSntTw_Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=BXdejDXE7hU
youtube.com/watch?v=38ILurzcziw
youtube.com/watch?v=weDQIkGhEkY

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/deathinplains/air-max-95
soundcloud.com/catsjam/the-cats-pajamas-human-fantasy-machine
vimeo.com/13316230
youtube.com/watch?v=d6t6nD6u6HY
youtube.com/watch?v=8CBlsoazq28&list=PLyCufikLEBwN-gUwRh_7afX1F-9tkk9D0
youtube.com/watch?v=ku5uJNiBNp8
youtube.com/watch?v=OYouTsnCk8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

No one?

some of the artists moved on to power electronics and harsh noise

The trend died and the artists died with them or adapted and switched genres. It died because no matter how good it was you can't really market it towards roasties

Killed by vaporwave.

Any upbeat witch house like these?
soundcloud.com/deathinplains/air-max-95
soundcloud.com/catsjam/the-cats-pajamas-human-fantasy-machine

vimeo.com/13316230
Does this count as witch house?

youtube.com/watch?v=d6t6nD6u6HY

man remember when this was a shitstorm?

>tfw you will never smoke weed and listen to oOoOO for the first time ever while getting beaten by a professional domme

i didn't listen but 666vandal is p upbeat, give him a shot

Most is shit these days. Salem were supposed to release some new music last year, guess it got delayed. Ritualz is touring Europe in March. White Ring just got back together and say they will announce something soon. Balam Acab makes shitty prog rock now. Holy Other is still around.

Everyone else ran out of ideas and quit. It's only popular in South America and Russia, and the acts there are not even real Witch House. It's all Crystal Castles and Die Antwoord rip-offs of extremely low quality.

ic3peak are pretty good, and recent

And one of the Die Antwoord rip-offs I was talking about... Their new video is so, so bad.

Basically, If a witch house band didn't release something between 2008 and 2012 it's not real WH nor important.

how in the fuck is this youtube.com/watch?v=8CBlsoazq28&list=PLyCufikLEBwN-gUwRh_7afX1F-9tkk9D0 even remotely similar to die antwoord?

OP isn't asking if the music is important. shit, if i'm being pedantic, no one involved in this thread or in the music industry in general is really IMPORTANT.

ic3peak are the most unique-sounding witch house i've heard since producers jumped on the genre's dick 7 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=ku5uJNiBNp8

The high pitched squeaking and their clothes. Whatever man, why do you get so mad? They're not WH, if you like it, you like it.

i'm frustrated by how obtuse you're being.

they are most definitely witch house. if you asked ic3peak "hey, ic3peak, would you describe your music as witch house?" they would respond with "da" because they fucking are.

Yea because that's the audience that pays their bills lol. There is nothing in their sound that sounds like any of the original acts from 2008-2012, sorry. It's closer to whatever you call Crystal Castles and Die Antwoord.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYouTsnCk8s

crystal castles are pretty much proto-witch house

get a fucking clue dude. i'm not telling you to like this band. i'm trying to help you stop being a retard.

>There is nothing in their sound that sounds like any of the original acts

whoa its almost like music changes as time goes on

How can they be proto-WH if they borrowed from the sound AFTER it came out? Should I remind you they were a Chiptune band first? It was after Salem, White Ring and Ritualz made heavy trance tracks that they went with that sound.

Clearly you're new to the genre, I don't get why you get so mad tho. Chill.

You can't make Black Metal without the distinctive tremolo guitars and high-pitched screaming. Music evolves but defining traits in a genre are there forever. WH is Trance and Southern Hip-Hop with a tint of Shoegaze. I hear nothing like that in Icepeak, sorry.

>WH is Trance and Southern Hip-Hop with a tint of Shoegaze.

while i agree that those are definite trademarks of the sound, groups like holy other have more garage and r&b influence but are still considered witch house

i don't listen to ic3peak so i can't speak on them, but the term is a lot more broad than it's roots lend

Due to timing. That's why I say there are very few real WH bands. This new wave should have a different name.