What are your thoughts on him? Currently listening to "I Get Wet" I dig it

What are your thoughts on him? Currently listening to "I Get Wet" I dig it.

SO LETS GET A PARTY GOING

YOU BETTER GET READY TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS YOUR TIME TO PAY
THIS IS YOUR JUDGEMENT DAY
WE MADE A SACRIFICE
AND NOW WE GET TO TAKE YOUR LIFE

listening to this album was one of the most fun music experiences ive had, i just wish the production was a little more varied

Yeah, I was surprised by how much fun I had, I can't quite describe it. But it feels sorta addictive. It has just so much fucking energy.

I have this strange, unshakeable feeling that Andrew WK wants to party.

Where did you get that?

I LOVE
NEW YORK CITY
OH YEAH
NEW YORK CITY

does anyone think the Steev Mike incident was a result of government cloning, as the original Andrew W.K. died of blood loss from his nose bleed and alcohol poisoning?

THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD

Met him at a talk he gave. Genuinely wonderful person and his music is fun and energetic.

I Get Wet [Island, 2001]

The music is as simple as it is hard--the Ramones for an era when "Blitzkrieg Bop" plays over the PA system at Shea and professional wrestlers are all on steroids. Beware--this is also a Gary Glitter/Quiet Riot/Kiss record, meaning that there is no expression, tempo shifts, or concessions to human fallibility. If all the songs were the same, it would be perfect, but they aren't and it isn't. A-

The Wolf [Island, 2005]

Average song length on "I Get Wet"--3:15. Average song length on "The Wolf"--3:45. Either the steroids or his frat boy fans are going to his head. C+

>A-
I mean, not bad.

It's funny to compare the old Pitchfork review and the new one.

the album that really got me into music
still listen to it to this day

IGW was almost welcomed by many critics as a relief at the time because a decade of whiny alternative bands had made everyone start to miss simple, loud, dumb party rock.

SLAM. JOHN. AGAINST A BRICK WALL

WE'RE ALL GONNA COME

ON
YOUR
FAAACEEE

>Have all this angsty music
>Next to this

I needed something new alreadly.

Tho i like some songs from it, for some reason AWK sounds like pop music in metal form. Its almost like its so over the top cringe it becomes awesome.

Somehow this.

It's like pop music but it has shit ton of passion and energy and has tremendous of effort in it. Andrew's vocals are pretty fucking insane too.

YOU BETTER GET READY TO RUN
CAUSE HERE WE COOOME

how many times have I listened to this in the PES 4ccup? there were so many goals from / Mlp /....oh boy that was fun

Cool album. It sounds at once as early 2000s as it gets (namely the nu metal guitars), and at the same time almost unique and timeless.

Yeah it was a good way of updating the AC/DC type of music for the 2000s. Or maybe early RHCP, back when they were an underground frat rock band and not sleepy-time soccer mom anthems.

J U S T
U
S
T