I want to get into Industrial, what are some essential bands/albums that I should listen to besides Foetus,Coil...

I want to get into Industrial, what are some essential bands/albums that I should listen to besides Foetus,Coil, NiN and Ministry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_53J5VS_guk
youtube.com/watch?v=jbwSQqtscD0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0oz0xE88S0&t=43s
youtube.com/watch?v=bwPP7B596Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=0gwRG9uForA
youtube.com/watch?v=uhunWV1HfL0
youtube.com/watch?v=OJpfhuYby2E
youtube.com/watch?v=aGWd-SEVH0E
youtube.com/watch?v=KEXCEz6ROqo
youtube.com/watch?v=BeyuaYjqkkU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skinny Puppy - Rabies

youtube.com/watch?v=_53J5VS_guk
This Heat are one of the most interesting industrial rock acts of the first wave
youtube.com/watch?v=jbwSQqtscD0
these guys are more standard industrial if you aren't much into the stuff off of Deceit
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0oz0xE88S0&t=43s
As are these, and their last good album (s/t as well) was more towards the Foetus/Coil/NiN industrial than their debut
youtube.com/watch?v=bwPP7B596Qc
this one is also interesting, and is good american industrial noise rock

And finally, you can never go wrong with
>pic rel8d
For their more industrial stuff, check their post-rock (stftb, then their last 3 albums)

Coil, Einsturzende Neubauten, Foetus, Psychic TV and Cabaret Voltaire all have fun, varied discographies worth going through.

The most essential in terms of starting point are what should technically be Throbbing Gristle's first four LPs

The First Annual Report (bootleg, but of music done in 1975 the earliest of what can be considered full on industrial)
The Second Annual Report
DOA: The Third And Final Annual Report
20 Jazz Funk Greats

This Heat barely has industrial bits, and even then their s/t and that one EP is much more apt.

Big Black isn't industrial at all.

Einsturzende Neubauten is probably the single most essential industrial act.

eye-n-SHTROOR-zehndeh noi-BOUT-ehn, btw

Watch pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=0gwRG9uForA

sorry that you feel that way user

>SHTROOR
Ainshtuurtsnde Noiboitn

Apart from TG I'd agree

Outside of using a drum machine, there's nothing inherently industrial about Songs About Fucking. Otherwise all noise rock is somehow industrial rock now.

I never said that This Heat was devoid of Industrial either. Just enough bits of it in there for it to be a non-bolded genre on RYM (RYM non-bolds genres that make a teeny tiny appearance.)

I agree more with the This Heat one not being full industrial, but it's still an important industrial album that influenced Swans and Disco Inferno to make industrial-twinged post-rock.

As for Big Black, the entire thing is jagged and rhythmic, I don't get why it's hard to see as industrial honestly.

Anything by Throbbing Gristle, but especially this one.

this, while Big Black and This Heat have a bit of an industrial flavor I don't think they can really be used as examples of industrial.
The Glowing Man isn't industrial at all btw

>Deceit instead of s/t
Horizontal Hold was basically the first industrial metal track.

Everything Skinny Puppy released before the death of Dwayne Goettel

youtube.com/watch?v=uhunWV1HfL0

>jagged and rhythmic
That feel has a lot more to do with post-hardcore than it does industrial.

TGM is the least industrial of Swans' post-rock but its the only pic I had saved
Whilst that's true, industrial music is for plebs and Deceit is a method of moving from industrial to good music through The Pop Group's Y into jazz and then classical :^)

>industrial music is for plebs
blasphemous trips

meant for

>Whilst that's true, industrial music is for plebs and Deceit is a method of moving from industrial to good music through The Pop Group's Y into jazz and then classical :^)
>Not listening to classical for traditional melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic complexity while listening to industrial for interesting timbres plus abrasive visceral intensity

youtube.com/watch?v=OJpfhuYby2E
youtube.com/watch?v=aGWd-SEVH0E
youtube.com/watch?v=KEXCEz6ROqo
youtube.com/watch?v=BeyuaYjqkkU