What should Japan do to break out of its stagnation?

What should Japan do to break out of its stagnation?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2016/04/04/commentary/japan-commentary/abenomics-failure-explained/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_bonuses_(Japan)
www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20170201/k10010860451000.html
japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/03/national/japans-pension-payments-system-set-overhaul/#.WJaY1jwxHYU
japantoday.com/category/politics/view/abe-to-propose-major-job-creating-plan-to-trump-reports-say
japantoday.com/category/politics/view/pension-fund-denies-report-of-investing-in-u-s-as-part-of-abes-offer-to-trump
mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15I0RS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mass immigration of Filipinos. I'm sure they're eager to escape the tyranny of Duterte anyways.

i thought he's supported by filipinos

Currency rate is always money game.
You need to look other chart also. This is GDP (PPP) of Japan.

Isn't PPP pretty much a meme? I'm always told to gtfo when I post it.

The quality of Japanese life has improved well in the era.
But GDP cannot count the quality.

why has Japan had a massive recession in the last few years?

Yeah bretty good

Fuck I forgot to attach pic

GDP doesn't count money stock
This is a ranking of national wealth in the world.

>massive recession
what? good situation in these years.

Unemployment rate is very low, 3.1% in 2016.
Everybody can get a job now.

pay denbts

But Haven't you mentioned PPP?

It's fucking that ppp.

Also, national wealth is meme. You seriously believe Japan is wealthier than america?(Pic related, national wealth per person.)

The Japan central bank has bought 35% of national debt.
Japan government pays to the central bank. The central bank's money is government's money.

It's maybe 38% now

continuing Abenomics. in particular gaining government spending stimulus, but the Minister of Finance is too retarded to accept it. Abe has to wipe out stupid neoliberalism believers.

actually, it's not recession but just a steep devaluation of yen caused by abenomics, about which trump is butthurt these days, saying japan is a currency manipulator. if yen's price was the same as it was in 2011, japan's GDP would be over 6 trillion USD now.

Mass importation of the lowest common denominator

>everybody can

But why can't I??? QQ

>HURDUR JUST SPEND MORE MONEY

>muh GDP
fuck off

Japan should wake up, line up, get their hands properly dirty and fight for it's economic position. The current take is though that a common Japanese person doesn't believe the country at the moment.

However media is making good effort in propaganda. Hentai (manga, anime, games) suggests almost uniformly that you should cum inside. You got these awkward stuff like Jietai Gate which is clearly an ad for JSDF.

They are working on it. They should do much more at fundamental level though. They need examples of individuality in action, like they have had in history. I infact think they should ditch the samurai history and do it more in the very present.

Japan needs a fundamental change in it's way of thinking.

t.

>abe

Abe has so far been much celebrated all talk. They have now thrown those three spears twice.

Gimmicks won't help them. That's a pretty much fact. They are still crazy rich to a point that many of their industries can feed themselves from their own sources, however that won't obviously last to any infinity either.

I thought Abenomics has failed.

I know. My point to the guiri is that Abe obsesses over boosting GDP

They started counting crime in their GDP for heavens sake

japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2016/04/04/commentary/japan-commentary/abenomics-failure-explained/
>Tokyo shouldn’t need a couple of Nobel winners, just a look in the mirror, to explain why Abenomics bombed.

Here's the real graph

>china
>third wealthiest

PPP is a meme that allows debt ridden commie shitholes to look like they are still growing.

>They started counting crime in their GDP for heavens sake

Because in Japan that is feasible thing to evaluate. Well for obvious reasons. Crime is genuinely contained there and therefore it's worth can be pretty accurately evaluated.

Japan is not xenophobic because of just foreigners hanging around. They absolutely genuinely hate anything that might get out of hand and disturb their Wa.

Believe or not, Wa counts up to downright idiotic heights, and they don't want it to change. But they should do exactly that. It's not about accepting more foreigners or any of gimmicky that, it's about a fundamental change in the whole mindset of the nation.

They are thinking of it like Christians would be thinking of Atheism when confronting the Reason in person.

So you can't tell what will happen, not really.

We're not debt ridden and our economic is growing in both nominal and PPP terms.

[Citation needed]

I never said you were mate. It was a statement about PPP not any country in particular.
Essentially if a countries PPP number drifts significantly from their nominal number then the commies are winning.

That's a meme, in a more literal sense. Propagation of false sense of approval by shutting down dissidence by any kind of bullshit using alternative media (like how Trump does it) they know is their game. This allows the common village idiot that the dissidence is a nuisance especially if they do not experience what is actually wrong with this country. The fact that you are led to believe that he is supported by almost all of us (he is not) is a sign that they are effective.

So the commies are winning in Japan, EU, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Africa, South Asia, India, and Russia?

You're english sucks to be quite honest, and you are shilling.

Multiple polling groups (local and foreign) show that Duterte has 70-80% approval. That fact scares the Western establishment media that was shilling against Duterte, the liberals who thought the rest of the world was just like them.

Of course. Why would you think otherwise? You also forgot China.

how come. it's exactly said if fiscal expansion hasn't been fully achieved. just because stupid central bank hadn't carried out any monetary policy so that naturally hell strong yen came off. now at least employment rate is getting drastically improved and it's a given serenity for younger generation graduating uni from now and looking for jobs to live off yet considering shortage of workers.

>You're
YOU'RE the one to talk about shitty english. Besides, it is late in the evening here.

>Poll results
I didn't say anything about the polls being fake. I am discussing why it is like that. It is no surprise that many idiots had fell victim to propaganda that everything is all right and running smoothly when it is not. I am not delusional like the westerners that everyone else is liberal too; we never had a time where a majority had a liberal mindset as we are backwards in our own ways of thinking.

base phillibros blowing spain the fuck out

>PPP is a meme that allows debt ridden commie shitholes to look like they are still growing.
>british economists

Naturally a debt ridden commie shithole would think that. Are you ever going to pay off your loans?

Hmmmmmmmm

>commies in China
>haven't already won

You do realize that the main reason unemployment is going down is because millions of old fags are retiring?

Total employment is lower than in 2007-2008 and 1997.

>I didn't say anything about the polls being fake
>Propagation of false sense of approval by shutting down dissidence by any kind of bullshit using alternative media (like how Trump does it) they know is their game.

Hmmmm

Argentina is at 48% debt/GDP while you are over 90 though

If you think China adheres to the communist ideals then you haven't listened to a commie speak. It doesn't matter how commie a country is there is always more communism that can be added.
As they like to say: Real communism has never been tried.

Argentina was going bankrupt a few years back. UK owns a lot of foreign debt so we are more resilient to having debt up to our eyeballs.

>old fags are retiring
holy fuck, that's nothing. first of all, jobs themselves are increasing. second, such old fags are continuously employed as things of such part timer in reemployment system.

>[Citation needed]

Care to explain why wages are stagnant for 5 years straight?

Fake =/= unreliable

I should have said "false sense of security" instead.

More immigration.

t. drug dealer

Err... when "new comer" entry, average wage would be decrease. wages paid for part-timer and employees of big companies like Toyota are increasing. a problem left is, wages for massive middle class.

>Take Toyota, one of the main beneficiaries of Abe’s weak-yen policy. It’s expecting to make about ¥2 trillion in the fiscal year that ended Thursday, and yet Toyota is raising monthly pay a whopping ¥1,500.

any problem except for retained earnings issues? and you better looking up "bo-nasu" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_bonuses_(Japan)

Hmmmm

>1995
>NGE airs
>japan's economy stagnates

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20170201/k10010860451000.html
according to NHK, apparently single person households consisting of senior citizens, who relied on welfare were increasing. what useless people

>according to NHK, apparently single person households consisting of senior citizens, who relied on welfare were increasing. what useless people
>NHK
>senior citizens requesting welfare
>what useless people
>NHK

>he really thinks the one to blame is the elderly, because of NHK reporting.

Dude. You will be running out of excuses pretty soon. Please don't even argue with me.

Begin to fix their demographics with immigration. Difficult in a very traditional and homogenous society with a language that's hard to read. Foreign worker programs could also help.

Encourage people to have children through social programs, subsidies, and incentives like tax breaks

Continue their persuit of robots. If they get rolling on this it'll be a boon to the economy.

Anything else that could help the labor shortage or increase the ratio of working people to the total population like encouraging people to continue working into old age.

Fix some of their protectionist policies. Encourage investment. All those general good for the economy things.

It took them decades to get into this mess, it could take equally as long to get out.

>It took them decades to get into this mess, it could take equally as long to get out.

Two lost decades, to be exact.

They are going through a major bad divorce with good economics times, where the loss is taken as nationwide defeat. And they are Still dealing with it. They can't get over it. Although it happened almost a full generation ago.

Because of Wa. Even this much can't move it. Instead, Let's make and do all sorts of funny and cute things. Infact, Let's make it as our culture. To hide things that are impure. Instead, Moe.

Doesn't the top two countries both have extreme unpayable debt though? Everyone else on that list has debt that is less than their GDP.

Italy's sovereign debt is also pretty high

Depends on how you measure it, but you are correct

There's public debt and private debt and total debt. Every meaningful country has high total debt % (hence why the China debt bubble meme is a meme).

US debt is 400% of GDP. Italy is 350%. UK is a whopping 500%. Japan is 550%.
China is 270%. Spain's is only 300% (since shitty economy usually = shitty debt market).

Debt isn't necessarily the problem. It's the rate of increase and capability to finance it.

Total US assets are 500% of GDP. China is 500%. Japan is 450%. Most of Southern Europe is 350% (hence our debt crises). North Europe is close to 400%.

When you have more assets than debts, you can finance more debt.

this desu
debt:gdp ratio isn't even relevant anymore
the only relevant values to check is the increase of debt vs the increase of gdp, and the amount of interest needed to be paid off every year

>japan debt 229% of gdp
>korea debt 37% of gdp

kek

Through anime, unity.

who is she?

Stop caring about nominal data.

after the end of cold war, Americock just keep stealing our money by any ways possible.

>Duterte is bad

junkie detected

Are you trying to say NHK is fake news? that reports the number of welfare scums have been decreasing among the people roughly between the ages of 15 and 64 so-called "geneki-sedai."

Thanks for the education Spain.

>wanting more people
>In an already overpopulated island
Just no.

Japan isn't really overpopulated just the cities and desu they're gonna have to do something considering everyone is getting too fucking old.
They're already beginning to try anyways.

Countryside is full of pensioners. Young people are moving to urban areas.

Argentina has gone bankrupt like 4 times in the past couple decades though.

>Japan isn't really overpopulated just the cities

Japan is the most urbanized nation on earth, a great deal of it IS cities and endless sprawl.

How does the Japanese pension system work? Isn't there a possibility of a collapse with a population pyramid like this?

why fuck fuck fuck

Pretty sure they're trying to scale back or something but I think that also has to do with Abe needing funding as he's scrambling to appease Trump with his plan to invest 150 billion dollars in America over the TPP falling through amongst other things even though the GPIF is denying it in a roundabout way

japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/03/national/japans-pension-payments-system-set-overhaul/#.WJaY1jwxHYU

japantoday.com/category/politics/view/abe-to-propose-major-job-creating-plan-to-trump-reports-say

japantoday.com/category/politics/view/pension-fund-denies-report-of-investing-in-u-s-as-part-of-abes-offer-to-trump

mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15I0RS

third bomb

It will never collapse, though pension eligibility age would be over 120yo.

Infrastracture investments tend to yield notoriously low or even negative returns. That wouldn't be good for future Japanese retirees.

When can i expect another plaza accord?

Yeah not to mention if they do see returns it could be 10 years from the completion date. I don't understand why Japan won't move away from America and try and make better trade agreements with England or Europe or even establish itself as a leader in Asia but that's Abe for you

It's confusing. Abe is a nationalist and historical revisionist, but on the other hand he seems very eager to appease the U.S. in every possible way.

Even expanded role for the SDF would be used to fight America's war overseas.